Issues with PlanetCNC TNG

Thread: Issues with PlanetCNC TNG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues with PlanetCNC TNG

Hello

I installed TNG software under Linux andI have some problems :

1. I used Ubuntu mate like in tutorial. The install.sh script gave me errors regarding icon creation I suppose (missing Unity - wich is obvious in Mate)
    I think that could be improved.

2.On screen bottom there is a value of 2400 - jog speed that can not be changed in settings. There is a value in xml settings file - jogspeed 40. If you changed it to 4 then the screen value became 240.

3.When I tested my little CNC (a modiefied Proxxon MF70) , jog movement is not so smooth like in old version.Like a squeeze movement.
    Maybe because I had to remade manually al the settings and there isn't a manual yet for all the parameters.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues with PlanetCNC TNG

I'm aware of install.sh issue. If Unity is not present then icon can not be created.

If you double click on 2400 you should be able to modify value. 2400 mm/min = 40 mm/sec

Can you explain this jog smoothing issue in more detail?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the answers !
    I will try to make two short clips this weekend with the jog issue.(old version - new version).
    I will save the settings in each case.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, it seems that I find out what were the problems
    As i said I have a little Proxxon MF70. It has a M6 rod as lead screw. So it is not capable of high speed.
    The max jog speed in v1 software was set to 240 and worked ok. With same speed in TNG there are some vibrations/strange noise and it seems to move slower. maybe my machine is not very rigid.
    I made some test and with speed set as 300 all is ok. I'm happy now. I had to increase the acceleration/deceleration because the initial value(25) was not ok for the M6 lead screw (I put 100)
    Still waiting for TNG manual

Downloads
    Uploads

I've changed default jogging speed from 2400 mm/min to 720 mm/min (28 in/min). This should be "friendlier" for new users.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After some more readings and tests Ifind out that the smoothing/vibrations problem was due to stepper resonance.
    At 300 speed all was OK but at smaller speeds vibrations reappeared. I increased microstepping to 1/8 and the noise/vibrations disappered !
    I read that TB6600 based driver(like mine) have this kind of problem and you must use low inductance steppers.
    What is a little strange is that I didn't have the same problem with v1 software.