Work Zero Problems

Thread: Work Zero Problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Work Zero Problems

I'm new to using the Planet CNC software and I'm having a weird problem being able to zero my machine where I want to. I have watched the videos, read the how to's and I'm still having an issue. I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to point me in the right direction. I have the machine absolute zero setup, tool height setup, movable sensor setup, the table boundaries setup. I have used V-Carve Pro now for 2 years with my old setup. I have tried the g-code arcs .tap post processor and the usbcnc .nc post processor.

My steps are:

home the machine

measure tool height

load my program (x,y datum set to center, z set to top of material)

move my bit to the center of the work (that is close to the bottom of the table)

offset current xy command

each time instead of the zero going to the center of the work it is pushing to near the top right corner but not all the way into the corner, which pushes the work outside the boundaries of the table

Any ideas?