Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software

Thread: Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software

Hello everyone,

I have upgraded my spindle to a 400w brushless spindle.

I would like to connect it and power it from my planet mk3/4 control board and enclosure. Can anyone explain the way to do it in laymans terms. I have attached some pics to help explain

This is the power supply within my enclosure

there is something called an octocupler which I have no idea what it does but I here is a pic of it in case it is needed

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-01pwr-supply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-02pwrsupply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-03-pwersupply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-04pwrsupply-png  

Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-05pwr-supply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-06pwrsupply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-08pwrsupply-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-09pwerinbox-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-10oct-png   Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software-11oct-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Connecting a spindle motor to mk3/4 board and controlling via planet software

You should connect output pins* of Mk3/4 controller with control inputs of your spindle driver.

Output pin* configuration in CNC USB controller software: File/Settings/Output/Spindle&Coolant:
    ON/OFF -> Set to Pin 1
    Direction -> Set to Pin 2
    Speed (PWM option enabled below) -> Usually pin 6

Based on the pictures that you have attached:
    MOTOR +- is where you connect your spindle motor
    Power+- is where you connect power supply for spindle driver.

You should connect PWM pin from controller to 0-5V input of spindle driver unit.
    Check if +5V input of this unit is for motor enable (meant as ON/OFF)

It would be very helpful to have any user manual of this unit.