MK1 software not responding

Thread: MK1 software not responding

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MK1 software not responding

Today I have this problem with PlanetCNC Software, it stop in the middle of the job and the software not responding. I never had this problem before today. See the picture attached.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MK1 software not responding-cnc-usb-controller-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MK1 software not responding

Did you find the cause @adidoro? Also what OS do you run (dedicated pc?) and antivirus software?

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Please post your controllers photo and your g-code program

Downloads
    Uploads

I don`t have a controller photo, I use this controller from 2011 it is a DIY mk1 and never had this problem, also checked if it was any update installed from previous day when worked fine and had none, except video driver that was updated. The problem is not related to g-code, the program not responding from time to time when running any g-code and even when is open and not used, just goes in not responding state and need to close it and reopen. What I have seen today when running a g-code the preview window not showing movements only when mouse cursor is in preview window, if I move it outside, the movements stop showing and if I leave it outside preview window, machine will stop in few minutes, if I leave the cursor in preview window the program run to the end. I tested only short g-codes today. I am running on windows 10 pro 64bit, laptop DELL pavilion 15-aw001ng, Processor AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.40GHz, RAM 8GB DDR4, Video AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 4GB DDR4.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you use external power supply? Can you check if USB cable is faulty?

With DIY Mk1 controller many things can go wrong...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have a separate power supply for controller, I already changed USB cable and have same result. The controller led is blinking normal as usual even when the software goes in not responding state.
    Now I install the PlanetCNC software on my wife`s laptop to see if it works and post here the update in one or two hours.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ccandiotes View Post
    Did you find the cause @adidoro? Also what OS do you run (dedicated pc?) and antivirus software?

On my laptop, windows 10 pro 64-bit, avast business antivirus. Sorry for late reply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adidoro View Post
    On my laptop, windows 10 pro 64-bit, avast business antivirus. Sorry for late reply.
    No problem @adidoro. I see PlanetCNC support is assisting you.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, now I am sure it is graphic related problem, on other laptop it run without problem, I had tested multiple g-code.
    Now the question is what settings do I have to make on my laptop to run planetCNC software.
    I already told you when the mouse cursor is in the graphic area it works and show movements, when is outside, movements from graphic area stop and after a short time the program not responding.
    On the laptop that works, movements from graphic area of the software show regardless of the mouse cursor position, in or out graphic area.
    Now I am sure the problem started after graphic card software updated.
    Here are the infos if needed:
    Radeon Settings Version - 2017.0720.1902.32426
    Driver Packaging Version - 17.30.1041-170720a-316467C-CrimsonReLive
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1614
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01292
    OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13491
    OpenCL™ Version - 22.19.662.4
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0220
    AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.1
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.6.0
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.51

Downloads
    Uploads

Not got it set to " simulate" since you reloaded it, have you??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Eatonbrayer View Post
    Not got it set to " simulate" since you reloaded it, have you??
    No, I run the machine normally not simulating from software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cannot hurt to check your laptop power profile is set to "always on" or similar with no power saving options especially the "allow windows to turn off usb to save power" option. Also, have you tried re-installing your old screen driver?

Downloads
    Uploads

All that settings checked before and all are good, I uninstalled the program and driver for CNC USB Controller and reinstall them with no luck. I do not want to revert video driver for graphic card because I use many softwares that needs best performance from it. For now I will use other laptop with CNC machine. On my Radeon graphic settings I have the option to apply different settings for any program, but are many options to set and I really don't know what are good or bad for PlanetCNC Software. I tried some of them but not working, so I have no time to play whit this anymore. I think that the program must be updated for newest graphic cards, for me personal is not handy to have a dedicated computer for CNC jobs that's why I use my laptop for everything.
    Maybe I was not very clear in my explanations, all worked fine for the last year and a half from when I have this laptop and the problem appeared right after a graphic software update (and did some other updates in this period without problems), and I think all the software on the market need to be updated periodically to keep them in working conditions for any new hardware and driver.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you found a solution. The Mk1 software is not going to receive any update (to my knowledge) since it is not compatible with the new TNG software anymore. So the development time will most likely be spent on improving the Mk3 series. Cheers