Build Thread Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB

Thread: Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB

Hi all,

I've started building my PicSteps, including the Break-out Board and the input daughter board. Some pics attached for people wo like pictures

Just one question: for those who have already built the BOB, what values are the TBA resistors ?

regards,
    Raf

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2707b-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2709b-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2712b-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2726b-jpg  

Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2731b-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Raf,

I think I used 470R.

There is a bit more info and trouble shooting around this post...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...-bob#post76429

...jeez where'd those last 4 years go ?!?!

Good luck!

www.cambam.co.uk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Progress...

10bulls,

Thanks for the link to that thread, it really got me up to speed!

Some photos with the progress i've made building the
    controllers and picsteps =)

Does anyone know the value for C1 on the input board ? 1uF ?

Raf

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2769b-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2770b-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Almost there!

Much much later I almost have a working setup.

After fiddling with the acceleration values in Mach3 and setting the stepping mode jumper to full step i managed to blow an LMD, and yes, that was with a proper heatsink attached (not shown in the photos), and the voltage set to 38V.

I got it replaced and it's working again

The only problem i have now is when I quickly switch directions while jogging,
    then it doesn't always change direction.. The indicator LEDs however clearly show the DIR signal changing and all my picsteps behave the same.

Does anyone have an idea why it does this ?

I'm using the 20Mhz firmware without current reduction.

Perhaps changing the opto resistors (now at 420R) to a lower value will yield a direction pulse that is a little longer ?

Some pics attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2807-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2803-jpg   Building PicSteps - Trying to find missing specs for the BOB-imgp2801-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pulse width

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Much much later I almost have a working setup.

After fiddling with the acceleration values in Mach3 and setting the stepping mode jumper to full step i managed to blow an LMD, and yes, that was with a proper heatsink attached (not shown in the photos), and the voltage set to 38V.

I got it replaced and it's working again

The only problem i have now is when I quickly switch directions while jogging,
    then it doesn't always change direction.. The indicator LEDs however clearly show the DIR signal changing and all my picsteps behave the same.

Does anyone have an idea why it does this ?

I'm using the 20Mhz firmware without current reduction.

Perhaps changing the opto resistors (now at 420R) to a lower value will yield a direction pulse that is a little longer ?

Some pics attached.
    Mach3 allows you to set the pulse widths in the configuration. Give that a try first. P.S. Uncluttered work area envy.