Spindle Relay problem

Thread: Spindle Relay problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Relay problem

Al, thanks so much for your help with my speed control wiring problem. I now have speed control on my spindle!

Now I'm trying to wire a relay to turn the power on and off via Mach 3. I have it wired and set up correctly in Mach 3. I have voltage from the VFD thru the relay, and when I trigger the relay the voltage stops. So it appears the circuit is doing what its supposed to.

But for some reason the VFD/spindle doesn't respond to the relay. I changed the VFD setting to allow the speed to be controlled by the 0-10V input. Shouldn't this also have allowed it to be controlled by the Fwd/REV terminals on the VFD? I don't see any other setting in the manual (yes I read it) that controls the FWD/REV circuits.

Or asked more directly, Is there a setting in the VFD that will allow me to have the FWD relay to turn the spindle on?

Right now, I turn the spindle on/off with the RUN key on the front. That key seems to have priority over the Fwd/Rev circuits.

Hope this isn't too confusing. I'm almost there!

Thanks for your help.

Wayne C