Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes

Hello

for now I can't replace because I have no similar current sensor in stock, I ordered several from China and when I receive will replace... I set parameters as you proposed in some posts here. This problem can't be due wrong parameters,current sensor just failed due some internal reason, it has electronics inside and gives voltage output. If some parameter was wrong IGBT would be blown,or input rectifier,this sensor can measure up to 80A

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zilot View Post
    Hello

for now I can't replace because I have no similar current sensor in stock, I ordered several from China and when I receive will replace... I set parameters as you proposed in some posts here. This problem can't be due wrong parameters,current sensor just failed due some internal reason, it has electronics inside and gives voltage output. If some parameter was wrong IGBT would be blown,or input rectifier,this sensor can measure up to 80A
    They have a minimum frequency that they can work at, they will fail if the frequency gets to low

The IGBT's used to blow, all the time,( repaired lots of them ) they have made the IGBT much more robust than they where, so now this looks like the weak link, yes the sensor can be damaged if the processor can't control /balance the Frequency and Amps

A Parameter setting of 20Hz or less and this sensor will fail, as it can't control at these low Frequencies

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I set minimum frequency as you proposed (120Hz)... I thought it was due to spindle... but still don't understand how it can affect sensor... Sensor generates output voltage proportional to current flow through it. And has some frequency bandwidth, so critical can be high frequency. Can you explain precisely how sensor can be damage in case of low frequencies...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zilot View Post
    I set minimum frequency as you proposed (120Hz)... I thought it was due to spindle... but still don't understand how it can affect sensor... Sensor generates output voltage proportional to current flow through it. And has some frequency bandwidth, so critical can be high frequency. Can you explain precisely how sensor can be damage in case of low frequencies...

This sounds more like it was a sensor problem, which may have not been suitable for the Spindle, these spindles run at low amps when not doing any work, it also seems that the sensor is damaged

You had your Parameters set correct, I would say that the amperage got to low for the sensor to operate correctly,( or it was faulty to start with ) here is a snip of how they work, there is more to it than this but this will give you an some information on how they work

How to detect proof of flow on VFDs with current sensors
    The challenge with monitoring variable frequency drives (VFDs) is the necessity to monitor both amperage and frequency to ensure the drive is operating normally. To monitor this ratio, a current sensor must learn the VFD curve and alarm the controller when the relationship is outside the normal operating range. VFD current sensors are installed on the load side of the variable frequency drive and use a microprocessor to set the proper threshold. The sensor will detect motor undercurrent conditions

Selecting the correct VFD current sensor
    The biggest constraint when working with VFD sensors is ensuring the VFD will be operating within the amperage requirements. Standard VFD current sensors require a minimum of 3.5 amps on the lowest frequency. Most issues stem from having insufficient amperage to power the microprocessor in the current sensor. For example, for a C-2350VFD current sensor, if the minimum amperage is not present in the 20 Hz range, the sensor will not operate properly. The options at this point are to wrap the wire to double the current present, or to select a VFD current sensor that can operate with a lower amperage range

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to write further happenings...

I received sensor, replaced old one with new and there is no more EOCA error after start button pressed. VFD shows revolutions per min even when spindle is not connected...I have no spindle connected (it is in my workshop), but I believe everything is OK, will connect next week.

could you tell me which model of IGBTs is appropriate to replace existing in VFD in case some of them fail? Just to have in stock. Have you dealt with it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123