Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes

Downloads
    Uploads

In case this helps someone else....

I was getting the E.Lu.S or E.Lu.5 error. It turned out that my particular electrical panel required the two pole 220V breaker to bridge connections. Instead of having the breaker installed in position 1-2 (which share the same phase), I had to move it down one breaker position to bridge positions 2-3 so each "leg" of the breaker is 180 degrees out of phase with each other. That's how you get the 220v.

Check your receptacle using an appropriate multimeter. You should get 110v between the neutral and either of the live wires, but 220v when you test between the two live wires. With my breaker installed improperly, both live wires were in phase with each other so I wasn't getting 220v. The city electrical inspector missed this when he passed my DIY garage wiring. :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey!

I have 4HP 3KW vfd and im desperately looking for the manual! Can anyone send it to me? spaaw@live.com

I would really appreciate it!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

Sorry to wake an old thread but... Does anyone have the full english manual for the
    Huanyang HY03D023B VFD. I have the chinese one and a couple of downloaded PDF
    files which are for similar machines but don't match this one.

Cheers,
    mike

Downloads
    Uploads

All currently available English manuals are now accessible at:
    Huanyang Library

Cheers,
    Joe

Joe in Aus

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your work Joe.

Just got a new 4KW version without a model number but the 230VAC input ones above 2.2 KW seem to follow the HY02D223B series.
    Have yet to hear back about what the model number is and what gives with no number or label plate.

Georgie

My 1.5KW Huangyan inverter died. I used it with a matching chinese spindle for a couple of years but now it shows ELU5.

I tried to hook up my Mitsibushi .75kw inverter but that wont run the spindle correctly.
    Do I have to use the Huangyan inverter ? Is it the 400hz motor that is the issue ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Inverter all available Error Codes

Can i get some help here?
    Motor starts up at full speed and then it stops and its buzzing, then it starts again.

Here is a video.

EDIT:When i start the VFD with the ROT led on and rotate the pontisiometer works fine, i think.
    I rump it up untill it show me 1400 RPM and it dont do the same.
    I guess it is some setting issue, i did though set the RPM to 1400 and the Hz to 50....anyway, if someone has an idea what is wrong, or if i am not doing something right please help me.

Last edited by dimitrislamia; 04-12-2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ROT

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrislamia View Post
    Can i get some help here?
    Motor starts up at full speed and then it stops and its buzzing, then it starts again.

Here is a video.

EDIT:When i start the VFD with the ROT led on and rotate the pontisiometer works fine, i think.
    I rump it up untill it show me 1400 RPM and it dont do the same.
    I guess it is some setting issue, i did though set the RPM to 1400 and the Hz to 50....anyway, if someone has an idea what is wrong, or if i am not doing something right please help me.

Please tell, what kind of motor you are trying to run voltage Amps RPM Etc, I just watched the Video are you have settings wrong, for the motor you are running

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Please tell, what kind of motor you are trying to run voltage Amps RPM Etc, I just watched the Video are you have settings wrong, for the motor you are running
    The motor is a 3phase
    1400RPM
    1,5HP
    220/380
    4.4/2.2 Amp.

I haven't manage to go to my shop to see if it stored the Hz parameter, i think that this may be the problem.
    When i start it with the Rotary control, witch controls the RPM of the motor it works fine at 1400 RPM, well i don't know if that is the true RPM motor but i will check it.

Last edited by dimitrislamia; 04-13-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

The motor is a 3phase
    1400RPM
    1,5HP
    220/380
    2.2/4.4 Amp.

I havent manage to go to my shop to see if it stored the Hz parameter, i think that this may be the problem.
    When i start it with the Rotary control, witch controls the RPM of the motor it works fine at 1400 RPM, well i don't know if that is the true RPM motor but i will check it.
    Here is the settings you need, you will have to do a reset of the VFD, how to do a reset is in this list of settings, make sure the drive is unlocked, ( PD000=0 ) then set these settings for your motor

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock ( Must be 0 to do a Reset )

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=80 ( Max is 120 )

PD004=80 ( Max is 120 )

PD005=80 ( Max is 120 )

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=40 (Minimum Setting 40)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=15 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=15 (Adjust to suit)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=3 ( Motor Max Amps) ( You may Have to adjust Amps )

PD143=4 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=2800 (Max Motor RPM)

For Remote Pot use
    PD002=1

PD70=0

PD72=80 ( Max is 120 )

PD73=40

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: thanks but.....still error

So the Hz was not set to 50Hz as i told you, i don't know why!
    I reset to the default parameters and then i set it again.
    Sadly the RPM instead of 1400 could be set(by the rotary switch in front of the VFD) to 700.
    The solution was to set PD070 to 1 and that was it...everything works fine now!

Downloads
    Uploads

So the Hz was not set to 50Hz as i told you, i don't know why!
    I reset to the default parameters and then i set it again.
    Sadly the RPM instead of 1400 could be set(by the rotary switch in front of the VFD) to 700.
    The solution was to set PD070 to 1 and that was it...everything works fine now!
    Make sure you have PD011=40Hz this is how slow your motor can run, check this Parameter is set correct

Your motor can run at double the Name Plate specs 1400 RPM, to a Max of 2800RPM this would be with the Parameter settings at 120, start at 80 as I suggested

If you just want to run the motor at 1400 RPM then all of the 80 settings need to be set at 50

The Default should of been 1 for PD70=1

For remote/Rotory Switch use it is set to Zero, PD70=0 you are not using a remote Pot/Rotary Switch so should of been left at the Default setting

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Make sure you have PD011=40Hz this is how slow your motor can run, check this Parameter is set correct

Your motor can run at double the Name Plate specs 1400 RPM, to a Max of 2800RPM this would be with the Parameter settings at 120, start at 80 as I suggested

If you just want to run the motor at 1400 RPM then all of the 80 settings need to be set at 50

The Default should of been 1 for PD70=1

For remote/Rotory Switch use it is set to Zero, PD70=0 you are not using a remote Pot/Rotary Switch so should of been left at the Default setting
    So if i seτ the PD011=40Hz then the motor will slow down only for 10Hz?
    I could realy use the slow down in a lathe...

Last edited by dimitrislamia; 04-14-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So if i seτ the PD011=40Hz then the motor will slow down only for 10Hz?
    I could realy use the slow down in a lathe...
    If you used my settings above then you would've already set PD011=40 to 40

Setting it to 40 is as slow as you could go without overheating the motor, this would give you about 300 Rpm slower than the 1400 Name Plate RPM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

I read a lot of text about E.O.C.A error, and everything appoints to bad spindle....I'm sure my spindle is OK, I measure about 2ohm between all connectors. Can someone tell me, how VFD will react if I disconnect motor, will it run as expected? I tried with no motor connected and get EOCA error immediate after start, I tried to connect some another 3 phase motor, the same situation...

I opened VFD tested IGBTS, and saw no shorts in EC (all GE all in high resistance), anti parallel diodes in EC are good in all 6 IGBTS, all zener diodes look good. Can someone give me some hint? Can problem be with current transformer that measures output current in DC link?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zilot View Post
    Hello

I read a lot of text about E.O.C.A error, and everything appoints to bad spindle....I'm sure my spindle is OK, I measure about 2ohm between all connectors. Can someone tell me, how VFD will react if I disconnect motor, will it run as expected? I tried with no motor connected and get EOCA error immediate after start, I tried to connect some another 3 phase motor, the same situation...

I opened VFD tested IGBTS, and saw no shorts in EC (all GE all in high resistance), anti parallel diodes in EC are good in all 6 IGBTS, all zener diodes look good. Can someone give me some hint? Can problem be with current transformer that measures output current in DC link?
    How have you wired the input power, also this could be just a parameter set incorrect, if the other motor you tried was different then you would need a different parameters set, each motor is different, if you have the wrong Parameters set it is easy to damage the VFD or spindle

You also could have a short in your wiring conections

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replay

input power was as usual, 220v, R=220v T=Neutral... I tried to reset on factory settings several times, and set parameters as you proposed in some post I found on internet.... Can you tell me, if motor is not connected and if we assume VFD is OK, when press start will VFD react as motor is plugged? Will it generate voltage on UVW connections, and show rotation speed on LED display? I get EOCA immediate after press start....with or without motor connected

The history of problem was next

firstly everything was OK, after some time I started to get EOCA error when press start, but after several tries it starts and works well, then after some time VFD generated EOCA error in the middle of operation (at full speed of spindle) and stopped.... And now, it will not even start (ever)

I measured wiring connection at VFD side and there is no short....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replay

input power was as usual, 220v, R=220v T=Neutral... I tried to reset on factory settings several times, and set parameters as you proposed in some post I found on internet.... Can you tell me, if motor is not connected and if we assume VFD is OK, when press start will VFD react as motor is plugged? Will it generate voltage on UVW connections, and show rotation speed on LED display? I get EOCA immediate after press start....with or without motor connected

The history of problem was next

firstly everything was OK, after some time I started to get EOCA error when press start, but after several tries it starts and works well, then after some time VFD generated EOCA error in the middle of operation (at full speed of spindle) and stopped.... And now, it will not even start (ever)

I measured wiring connection at VFD side and there is no short....
    You can not measure the output of the VFD unless you have specialized equipment, input was fine, did you have the Ground/Earth wire connected to the correct Ground/Earth Terminal, it sounds like the VFD has failed, was the VFD capacity correct for the spindle you where using, the VFD should have a larger capacity that the spindle for single phase use, 1hp to 2 Hp larger is the norm, the larger Hp you can use with your input power supply the better

Did you have a Ground / Earth wire from the VFD to the Spindle, and checked that the 4th pin on the spindle was connected to Ground /Earth ( Spindle Body ) this is a must the VFD can be damaged if this is not in place

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I had spindle grounded to ground of VFD.... Capacity of VFD is ok, it is 2.2kw, and spingle is 2.2kw.....

in the meantime I found what the problem was... Current sensor inside VFD is dead, I'm electronic engineer, and do repairs, so measured signals in all VFD blocks...IGBTS and circuits around them were OK...this was the problem, that's why VFD generates EOCA immediately after start...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I had spindle grounded to ground of VFD.... Capacity of VFD is ok, it is 2.2kw, and spingle is 2.2kw.....

in the meantime I found what the problem was... Current sensor inside VFD is dead, I'm electronic engineer, and do repairs, so measured signals in all VFD blocks...IGBTS and circuits around them were OK...this was the problem, that's why VFD generates EOCA immediately after start...
    That's good you found where the problem was, what did you replace it with, you sure you had your Parameters set correct, this can fail with incorrect Parameters set, but not normally the first part to fail

Mactec54

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast