Make that 6 people now and counting..

Here's the current list:
    y2khines
    dobrientruckers
    ashgrimm
    stevertoo
    Wild Horse
    mmcclung

For those who filed with PayPal, will you please pm me your dispute ID, and I'll do the same. I'm sure paypal will do everything they can to not help, but it's worth a shot.
    His girlfriend Shelia claims his business partner "stole" his money. Here is another number for bill Johnson 817-271-4174. His girlfriend's email is sheilalarocque@msn.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bill's original phone number is back on line and working.

812-801-3425

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone else talked to Bill?

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

He is simply not returning any of my calls, nor does he ever answer my e-mails. I just about gave up on him! I do not care about him anymore, and just hope he unscrews the people he screwed or rots in jail for scamming his customers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you called him at 812-801-3425 this week? That's the old/original number that has been reactivated now that he's back.

Dennis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I received a phone call and an email from the sheriff and detective down there, wanting all info I could give them. They also want to hear from anyone/everyone else with their info.
    I've been holding off, hoping for the best....but if he won't return communications, what is one supposed to think?
    Anyone that needs/wants to get their info to the detective, email me please and I'll forward it to you.
    COME ON BILL....STEP UP !!!!! PLEASE !!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I called and emailed just yesterday, who ever answered the phone said to leave a message, and I did! Never returned the call, I emailed him and told him he better answer his customers plea for help soon or the sheriff will be knocking on his door before he knows it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Owner of 2019

After researching these units back in September of 09 this forum had no negative threads so I decided to go ahead with a purchase through Bill's web site using Paypal 8-29-09. In late October I finally received the unit. After inspection I soon realised that good cutting resolution could not be acheived. Most of the fault was in the design of the head assembly. With carefull and "Learned" consideration I decided to keep my unit rather that risk further finacial loss due to added retuned shipping cost and no unit or refund either.
    After seeing what has unfolded with others loosing the payments with no machines I was glad of my decision to keep the machine.
    There is hope for those who still have theirs if you are do-it yourselfers.
    I am in the process of installing shaft supported linear bearings on all axis, 20mm on the X, 16mm on the Y and Z. You can find good quality parts from a seller on ebay called "irvineman" He is a dealer for VXB Bearings. My total cost plus free shipping to re-do the machine came to about $750.00 The X an Y axis are now finished and I will later add pics and more info.
    Good luck to everyone, your best bet is to do it yourself.
    So long Bill! It wasn't nice knowin ya! I'm sure you'll make for a nice girlfriend for someone in prison.

Downloads
    Uploads

protrackcorp,
    Good thinking, I myself decided to do the same. I am learning the ropes of CnC both inside and out as I go along, I somewhat find it interesting too. I can not wait to see your pictures and I will surly learn from them too. Just finished the table, making it straight and true, and now am working on the gantry, there is something wrong with it and I can not figure it out, but I will keep trying. I also hate the way the router is bolted on, should be some kind of a bracket securing the router instead of just one plain bold. I do not believe anyone who brought from Bill has a straight and true machine, they all are in need of some tuning and shimming here and there. If they do not speak out then that is because they are only routing a 3x3 or 4x4 piece of foam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb PCNC Automation Owners

PayPal also suggested filing a formal complaint with the F.B.I. at www.ic3.gov and and with econsumer.gov. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.cincinnati.bbb.org and requested the paperwork for small claims court.
    This only takes about 10 minutes each to complete. The more of us that do it, the stronger our case is. Call your credit card company even though your 45 days is up with PayPal. Mine is on the case.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any news?

Wish I had some positive news. I haven't heard anything from my CC company. I did get a letter back from the Indian Attorney General's Office.

Anyone else have anything to add? Has anyone heard a peep from Bill?

CH

Downloads
    Uploads

I also got a letter from the Indiana Attorney General's Office, I filled out all necessary forms and mailed it back. That is about it.... Guess this all takes a while. Bill is probably out of business by now and has uclers too! I am still fighting for money back due to being sold a used machine that I spend a considerable time and money trying to fix it so it works as advertised, and since all of us PCnC owners have NO warranty whatsoever we are all entiled to some compension!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not heard anything from Bill. I am in the final process with my CC company and it looks like I will get my money back from them. The attorney generals office sent me a letter saying it was a dispute between two buisnesses.
    The chargeback went to Paypal and Paypal notified Bill. Bill never responded to Paypal to dispute the reversal. Paypal closed the dispute so I think I am safe .We will see.
    Is cnc zone still runing ads for Bill?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's great that you're getting your money back. How long was it from when you ordered to when you filed the dispute? I'm just curious as to what my chances are. Like a damn fool, I gave pcnc the benefit of the doubt and waited past 90 days.

If I get my money back, then it's for everyone!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I waited about 105 days. my cc company lets you file up to 120 days. they filed acharge back with pay pal and pay pal closed the file after 12 days with no responce from bill. I have not heard anything official from my cc company but at this point I dont see how they can deny the charge back.
    Good luck to all. I hope there will be more positive outcomes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As my daughter would say.. "OH SNAP!". Man, my cc was through a credit union. I sure hope they do it. That would be sweet. If, still a big IF, I do get my money, how would the CNC Shark Pro be for an entry level machine? I've read a few mixed reviews on it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my visa is with a credit union.
    I havent been looking for a router. after all of this I think I will build my own. I never looked at the shark it is to small for my needs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my neighbor owns a romax cnc router. it is a very nice machine and a good honest company.give them a look.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Romaxx CNC

I paid a visit to Romaxx before returning my PCNC Automation router. The difference between these 2 machines is like night and day. I had showed Ron (owner of Romaxx) some cuts made on the PCNC. He said the problem looked like something caused by a loose head assembly. After I told him how it was made (from bent up sheet metal with screwed on side plates) he said there really wasn't any way to improve the results. My head assembly would flex nearly .250". I tried to flex the head on his machine and there was absolutely no play that I could detect. The fit and finish and quality of components used in the manufacture of the Romaxx cnc router is outstanding. After I am sure that I am getting my money back from my cc company (on the PCNC Automation router), I will be ordering a Romaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by ashgrimm View Post
    my neighbor owns a romax cnc router. it is a very nice machine and a good honest company.give them a look.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    mmcclung hit the nail right on the head! It is the head and wisecarver guides/bearings that give too much flex and it is nearly impossible for the darn PCnC router to do any good professional looking deep/ large carvings. I am having the steel bend head made out in aluminum but I still need to figure out how to stop the flop from the wisecarver Y axis rail and bearings. I noticed the rails can be adjusted but it takes a real slim wrench to do that?? I wonder if Bishop wisecarver includes that with the purchase of their bearings?? None of my wrenches fit between the wheel and nut and it is impossible to adjust?? Another Catch-22! ? I am glad to hear some of you are going to get your money back! I am glad the we are winning here, but what about us "LOSERS" that got stuck with a crap machine and have to spend more money on to improve it! I am a retired guy and $3000 is a lot for me so I do not think I can afford to just junk it and get a nice and shiny Romaxx. I looked at them and gee, I wish I had gotten that one only if I knew about it before. Good Luck to all of you who are fighting to get their money back and I want to hear from al the "Losers" who are stuck with a crappy machine and what they are doing to improve it!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast