PCNC Automation Routers - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PCNC Automation Routers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As much as I blame myself and obviously Bill, I also blame PayPal. After all, they allowed this fraudulent activity to occur on their system.. not once, but 5 times by the same seller.

I used paypal for $21k of purchases in 2009 and had only one dispute... this one.

I posted on the paypal community forum, but I'm sure I won't get any help..
    https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...p/21248#U21248

Last edited by y2khines; 01-11-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Then Lets all protest against paypal! they think only for profit for them self and do not care about custome service,lets screw them too!

Downloads
    Uploads

Scew Paypay !!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

SCREW Pay Pal and PcnC Automation, lets show who we are and win this, Bill can not take advantagee of us! Power to the people!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am expecting to hear back from the sheriff's dept and/or county prosecutor either today or tomorrow. will keep everyone posted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks!

to all the PCNC Users out there with the helpful suggestions. I'll go through them this week and see if I can get any further.

One question, what mode does the printer port need to be in: normal, EPP, ECP?

Thanks,
    Lin
    R-1012

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by y2khines View Post
    As much as I blame myself and obviously Bill, I also blame PayPal.
    PayPal has a clear policy with a time limit on filing disputes. They're no different than any credit card company.

Many years ago, I pre purchased a software package before it was released with a credit card. Guess what. The developers never released the software, and closed their doors. The time limit was up on disputing the charge when I finally new what was going on. And I was out $500

As a seller on Ebay, I believe that PayPal favors the buyer too much already. I've had a buyer lie about a product, destroy it's value, and PayPal gave him his money back (from my account). PayPal will almost always side with the purchaser, provided you file your dispute within the allotted time. You can find a million instances of Sellers being shafted by PayPal.

Sorry you got screwed, but it wasn't PayPal's fault.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

The small business I work for owns R-1014. My boss went down to Indiana to pick it up, back in October, if I remember correctly.

I have become the person here responsible for operating the CNC. I didn't have any CNC experience, but I am pretty decent at learning how to operate instruments. The only disturbing thing about the process is that there was no user's manual for the thing. However, I am used to writing standard operating procedures for stuff like this, and in the meantime I have been able to track down via the Internet supplementary materials, for example, Mach3 information, Rockcliff driver board information, and Keling Technology motor information. At this point, I feel like if I had to, I could at least wire a CNC. Perhaps not put one together, but at least wire it.

For the most part, the CNC we have has worked well. It seems to be put together well, the materials used seem to be okay, etc. Although, I have never seen a top of the line CNC to get a real comparison, overall I'd say that it is a pretty decent looking machine for about $3000.

We had some skewing issues in the beginning. In other words, after the machine was homed, when I would press the right arrow key to move the gantry away from the home position, the dual motors on the X-axis (X & A) would not start together, but one would delay, causing the gantry to skew slightly. After many conversations on the phone with Bill, who was very helpful to me, I managed to find a workaround.

After this problem was solved, I proceeded to crank out a great number of parts for our company. Overall, I would say that the machine has worked out well for us, and we are happy with its performance. The earlier problems and my subsequent phone conversations with Bill even gave me a better understanding on how the CNC works and has arguably made me a better operator of the machine.

Things were going smoothly until mid-December, when after changing a bit I discovered that the X, Y, and Z controls on Mach3 did not move the CNC at all. What was happening was that according to Mach3, stuff should have been moving, while in actuality, it was not.

I tried contacting Bill at that time but could not. As we were about to shut down for the end of the year, and figuring Bill might be as well, I decided to leave the problem for the new year. Last week was the first week back. Attempts to contact Bill were hampered by the fact that he changed phone numbers. I am not sure why this was, but I dismissed it as anything nefarious, after all, it was a cell phone number. Luckily I had another number I could call, apparently, this was the cell number of Shiela who also works for PCNC. I tried the number on the web site, but that one initially stated that no one was available and the voice message box was full; it now has a message saying it has been disconnected.

It was at that point that I found this thread, deciding Bill was busy dealing with other people, I decided to look for other options. After some deduction I came to understand that my problem may be a burned out driver board. I was able to contact Nick at Rockcliff who has been a tremendous help, even though he arguably didn't have to help me at all. I sent photos of the wiring in to him, and without him here to be able to see it for himself we have diagnosed the problem as a bad driver board. This won't be confirmed until we send the board to Rockcliff for repair. We are ordering a new board, and plan to send in the old one for repair to be a backup board. Nick also had input in regards to how PCNC wired things, so we can hopefully avoid this sort of thing in the future.

I feel terrible for those who are holding the short end of the stick in this situation. It seems like our company has made out compared to some of you. I don't know Bill personally, but it is my understanding part of the move to Indiana from Texas is due to a serious illness in his family, and perhaps his inavailability at this time is due to a turn for the worse in these matters.

Regardless, it is a lesson for everyone involved to do your research when planning to invest thousands of dollars in equipment. I know our company has learned a lot from this experience. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@Ger21.. opinion noted. I could care less about how many times a seller has been screwed over. Hell, I've been screwed over as a seller, but again, I could care less about that right now. All I care about is how many times PayPal allowed this seller to sell a product and not deliver. It's going on six times now. They allowed it to happen and IMO, they're just as much to blame.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too bad there isn't a chat capability as I see there are 3 of you besides me looking at this thread.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@gjp.. Thanks for the info. If there truly was a death in his family, then I wish him all the best. But I still need my money back.

One thing that I don't understand though, is why does Bill respond to inquiries for new purchases, but not existing ones?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If there was an family emergency. Then who is minding the store?

An email is not that hard to respond to. When you take THOUSANDS of dollars from a client you have a responsibility to them. Some call it customer service. I call it Honor.
    The truth will come out and regardless of the excuses Bill has let down a number of people who gave him their trust and money.

I for one find this behavior unprofessional at best.

Bill once again I challenge you to do the right thing. Respond to these posts. return an email. refund the money YOU are responsible for. Do something... Anything...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ashgrimm View Post
    If there was an family emergency. Then who is minding the store?

An email is not that hard to respond to. When you take THOUSANDS of dollars from a client you have a responsibility to them. Some call it customer service. I call it Honor.
    The truth will come out and regardless of the excuses Bill has let down a number of people who gave him their trust and money.

I for one find this behavior unprofessional at best.

Bill once again I challenge you to do the right thing. Respond to these posts. return an email. refund the money YOU are responsible for. Do something... Anything...
    His girlfriend Shelia claims his business partner "stole" his money. Here is another number for bill Johnson 817-271-4174.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    my name is james mcgrew, i am a camaster owner and end user of the aspire/ vectric software. i am watching this as i am helping to develop a table top router and have been unsure of the quality of using the utility bearings as a track system, they have a purpose but this is not it.

vectric allows cnc companys who purchase and link thier software on thier site, i took a look a few minutes ago and there are even some who are out of business as well, i know the fellows who own this softwae company and can say with confidence they are unaware of the problems ya'll are having with pcnc. this is not the first time this stuff happens and will not be the last.

jim mcgrew
    Jim,
    I wrote to Tony Mac at Vectric and thanked him for doing the right thing and removing PCNC Automation from their CNC links. Thanks again for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still hoping that Bill's emergency is over soon and he gets back to work on building machines. I'd rather have something to fix than just an empty bank account.

Last edited by dobrientruckers; 01-12-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder what is going to happen now. I have a "USED" machine which was returned to PCnC Automation by a Michael McClung on Nov l0th 2009 because it was out of wack. Bill sold that same machine to me as "NEW" on Nov 16th 2009. So now after Mike pointed out the bad things about it, I do not know what I should do, Take it all apart and rebuild it piece by piece, or just throw it in the trash bin? I know I will never get my money back nor will any one want to buy a used PCnC machine. Will all the experts on this forum give me some suggestions what I should do. What do you think about Rockcliff boards and motors which are in the machine, are they any good, is the machine worth saving or should I find some sucker to sell it to (ha ha) or just let the trash guys have it? I spend the last two days just staring at it and wondering what I should do. I know one thing, it has to be taken apart down to the very last nut and bolt, then put back together making sure it is all straight and square. That is going to be a lot of work!! I am now kind of lost here!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When it comes to the performance of Rockcliff's boards versus other boards, I cannot say whether or not Rockcliff is a superior or inferior product.

But, if their product is as good as their customer service, then it is a very good product indeed. Nick from Rockcliff has been helping me diagnose the problems with our PCNC and arguably, he doesn't have to do that, considering our company has never given them a dime directly (until this week, when we purchased a new driver board from them).

If anyone has a working PCNC right now, I would advise them to download the Rockcliff driver board PDF file from their website, and to adjust the trim pots so that they aren't set to MAX. This, according to Rockcliff, burns out the board and is likely what happened to our CNC.

I will update this thread as to how my repair is going. The Rockcliff board should be arriving from Canada sometime this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

my friend joey at camaster uses rockcliff boards in the mc class routers, i have seen them perform and they will do the trick for a router of this size, you have two issues that probably need addressing

1 ) the shorter gantry plate this may need a spacer or modification in order to get it parallel to the table surface, a decent machinist should be able to help, or show us some pics.

2) the bearings, i would look into the better quality bishopwisecarver bearings of the same type, the nylon/aluminum is i believe what you have and they make a better bearing which should have the same fastening setup.

i would take the motors off and get the tracking correct first, then worry about electrics and motion.

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Downloads
    Uploads

Would anyone know the kind (brand) of limit switch bolts that are on the PCnC
    Machine? I have one that seems to be broken, (stripped threads) and I want to purchase a new one to replace it, I wonder where I should look for it, what are they called? Also what brand of stepper motors does Bill put in the machines
    I know they are Nema 23 270 oz in, I wonder just because the color of the wiring is different from the Rockcliff steppers.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

can we see some pics, iwould bet he purchased the rockcliff kit this means the motors are readily available, the are a lot of ways to do a limit switch can we see a pic

http://www.rockcliffmachine.com/inde...028f9b2feb155d

there is a lot of good instruction and material on the rockliff site

http://www.rockcliffmachine.com/forum/

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast