PCNC Automation Routers - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PCNC Automation Routers

Downloads
    Uploads

luthier
    Yep, took everything apart, even the top rail, it was not straight to the table, I had to shim the back screws that held the top rail to make it straight and square. The Bishop Wisecarver UtiliTrak linear guide rails looked real good and they did not need any adjusting. The biggest problem was that the router was not square to the table it was tilting to the left and out like a crooked tooth. Loosened the rails and adjusted them to be square to the table, so now that it is fixed I am about to try a new carving sometime this week after I finish with my other chores. The wife has been bugging me about the leaky kitchen faucet fixure, looks like it needs to be replaced and UGH do I ever hate working under the sink!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Woodworking was a hobby of mine years ago and I have always been interested in getting a cnc router. I too was looking at the PCNC Automation routers, and based off what I read here, I'll probably steer clear.

I contacted PCNC and asked if they're currently shipping and was told that all problems are resolved. I thought I'd share that conversation:

ME 12/30/09:
    I read on a few boards that you're having delivery issues. If I order a
    36x48 today, what would be the delivery time?

PCNC 12/30/09:
    It is true I have had some issues in the past but they are slowly
    dissolving, it was with supply and me moving from Texas to Indiana but
    currently I have a 6 week lead time or sooner and it should be sooner now

ME 1/4/10:
    Thank you for the reply. I am still not sure what to go with. Right now it's between a shark pro and one of yours. I can say that I read a couple of negative posts on various forums about your routers and your company.

PCNC 1/5/10:
    I am sorry that there has been problems but they have been resolved and we are moving forward for as far as the quality of the machines I will be happy to give you a list of customers that have our machines and you can talk to them about the machine and customer service from our company if you like

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

nothing has been resolved in my case.
    only ignored.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@melybell's post...

WTH!! He responds within 24hrs when he wants your money, but hardly ever responds when he has your money. That just makes me sick.

Downloads
    Uploads

Noticed PCnC Automation Web Site no longer offers VCarve Pro, Cut3D or any other Vectic Software. Looks like Vectic pulled the plug on him for not paying his bills.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bdsorcic View Post
    Noticed PCnC Automation Web Site no longer offers VCarve Pro, Cut3D or any other Vectic Software. Looks like Vectic pulled the plug on him for not paying his bills.
    When I went to pcncautomation.net just now, it showed all the Vectric software under "software" and under "new Products".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I haven't heard back from the Bishop Wisecarver folks about their guides. I carved a practice guitar neck yesterday. I am running at F100 and the Z at 5. The machine did what I told it to do. Using MeshCam to generate the code from my Rhino file, I stood there with my dust collector hose for 45 min. I'm thinking I might want to go to a bigger router. I'm tempted to go in and adjust the carriage wheels.

Downloads
    Uploads

After spending a considerable amount of time learning Mach3 and Vcarve Pro 5.5 and adjusting the machine to my liking, I finally came out with something good enough to post on the CnZone forum "Show and Tell", found the saw blade on this forum (I think) and made use of it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCNC Automation Routers-cnc-project-006-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

luthier
    I had the same thought about attaching a Porter Cable 690 or a Bosch 1617EV to it. I see K2CnC makes a great mount for it, but I wonder if the machine be able to handle the 10lb router? See K2 Mount below:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCNC Automation Routers-pc690-mount-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Lookin' good Brian.

Are the "carbide teeth" left from the surface of the material you used? BTW, what material did you use to do that?

Looks like you're havin' fun!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great Brian. Looks like some serious MDF dust could be all over the place? :-).
    marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I used what they call is 1/4" unfinished red oak veneer, not MDF. (I hate that stuff) First pass is a .0625 pocket cut with a .125 end mill which leaves the top red oak veneer show as the carbite teeth. Rest is the unfinished oak veneer. Yes, finally having fun, it is an enjoyable hobby when things go your way, but a fusturating hobby when it does not! Ha ha .... This forum does wonders for encouragement and support, if not for this forum and all the great people here, I would probably just of had drove right back down to Vevay to return the machine out of fusturation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bdsorcic View Post
    I used what they call is 1/4" unfinished red oak veneer, not MDF. (I hate that stuff)
    Sure looks like MDF with veneer on both sides.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

You could be right, it is 1/4" Oak Veneer red on one side and unfinished Veneer on the other, the inside is some thing like MDF but I am not sure. It is something I picked up from the trash bin off from a home improvement project... See Pixs below:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCNC Automation Routers-wood-002-jpg   PCNC Automation Routers-wood-004-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PCnC rip-off

I had read nothing discouraging about Bill Johnson and decided to purchase a machine from him in October. I was scheduled to pick up November 20th and was advised her was having supplier problems, well it is now 6 weeks later and Bill doesn't return my emails (surprise, surprise) and even the new phone number has been taken down from this web site.

I live close to Vevay Indiana and will be filing charges against Bill today, $3000. theft is a felony and I suspect Bill will run back to Texas. Does anyone have his previous TX address? Does anyone want info from me to proceed in filing their own charges? Try me @ 859-250-2082

I may not get my money back but I will make Bill's life miserable.

regards
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh Wow, Bill sure got him self in a mess! However I am glad someone is taking action against Bill. He did nothing to correct his mistakes and caused nothing but grief for his customers whom put their trust and hard earned money in him. Lucky I got my machine, not the best of the lot but I got it. Also I was lucky Tony from Vectic helped me get my software that I paid for but did not get from Bill. Good Luck Steve, and give Bill HELL!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Steve.
    I am currently having Visa persue Him. If my name in the hat helps with a criminal charge count me in I will call you.
    Ash

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Steve,
    I too ordered a machine from bill in october. I sent him a cashiers check, with the same ol' 6 weeks, etc., delay to backordered supplies, etc.

I was injured awhile ago, and am down to pretty much one arm/hand due to severe nerve damage (on my dominant hand). I am/was a custom cabinetmaker, with a love and passion for wood...I thought I'd be proactive and get into the cnc end of things so I could remain in woodworking, even one handed. Took one HECK of a chunk...ok, most of...my savings to order this machine. I thought I'd researched him pretty good, but now ????? Not sure what to do, but will do anything necessary to get my funds back !!!!!
    Bill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bill Johnson

I Went to Bill's shop and found nobody there. I proceeded to meet with the authorities regarding Bill and instead of showing my hand on this forum I am asking anyone who was wronged by Bill to contact me to discuss options you and I may have.

srouroldchurch@gmail.com

Regards
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Gee, what a sneaky bastard! So now my question is:

WARRANTY from his web site:
    Seller warrants Goods manufactured by it will be free of material defects and will conform and function consistent with the appropriate Seller specifications for a period of 1 year from the shipping date. If any of the Goods are found by Seller to be defective, such Goods will, at Sellers option, be replaced or repaired at Sellers cost.

Guess I am on my own if something breaks! Wonder if that is any good against Bill or is it just "Tough Luck for me"?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast