cheers!, i've had enough practice this last week i set the drc to be 8mil minimum, 1oz copper board. its mg chemicals FR4 #503 1/16th
used a V45 set to 3mil depth
played around with the mitre on some of the traces, just to see how it'd come out. set a bad depth on one of the rubout's or i was using the wrong tool, i'm still building up my 'library' of tools. luckily the bad area doesn't affect the board.
i also tried to leave a tab in the cutout so the board doesn't come off, but i'm not yet used to just how small a 0.05 grid is!
I'm back again with today's PCB, this time a corrected IC , mouser lists as SOIC-16 but clicking through its a SOIC-16DW, so made a part in eagle, and relaid it out.
I drilled this one pretty deep in the isolation rub out, and for some reason my mill line ended up cutting around the line instead of through it, but i was lucky in that it barely missed the trace.. the mill cut out was 50mil and my tabs were two grid spacings at 0.05, which was just a little bit too big, worked ok with a pair of side cutters though.
For my first few pcb's i'd found that the dimension layer was being traced out, so i switch that off and added a 0" wideth line in the mechanical/mill layer, that'd worked last time, but obviously i did something wrong.
same board type mg chemicals 2oz, 3x6" single sided with a V90 cutter 8mil. Haven't polished this one as well.
I did setup my 'tool table' in the software, which worked a lot better with the rubout since it calculates the area using the tools you have versus the tools you think are close enough !
Hopefully this board will actually be populated, for some reason i used 0805 resistors and 0603 capacitors..