Need Help! PCB: AccurateCNC A637 vs. Carbide3d Nomad vs Tormach PCNC 770 vs CNC Masters Baron

Thread: PCB: AccurateCNC A637 vs. Carbide3d Nomad vs Tormach PCNC 770 vs CNC Masters Baron

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PCB: AccurateCNC A637 vs. Carbide3d Nomad vs Tormach PCNC 770 vs CNC Masters Baron

I am an EE professor at an University and I was asked to provide a solution (machine) for PCB prototyping. Specs are milling down to about 8 mil (0.2032 mm) trace thickness, 8 mil trace clearance, 8 mil drilling/hole size, just 2 layers, material is standard copper and FR-4 PCB.

Besides that, University has also the (secondary) need of a full CNC milling machine capable of milling up to regular (1020) carbon steel - given the right drill bits and tools. Demand is not high, there is no need for large output, just small volumes, but quite honestly, I can't account for a solution at the price range of a PCNC that brings us problems: it has to work fine and up to specs!

I am considering the following:

AccurateCNC A637: Accurate 637 - ATC Milling And Drilling Machine For PCB Prototyping
    Carbide3d Nomad: Carbide 3D and check: Carbide 3D
    Tormach 770 PCNC: Tormach PCNC 770 Benchtop CNC Milling Machine Products
    CNC Masters Baron Milling Machine: Baron Milling Machine Price Quote | CNC Masters

I am aware that the price range of the first 2 are in a different league than the last 2. I am considering the full PCNC's because it opens a whole new set of posibilities, and yet is up to the above specs for PCB prototyping.

I also need a way of converting Gerber files to target PCNC machine code and actually do the whole process so I can take the output of any PCB design software and upload it to the PCNC. I am not sure if that is doable, but given the application, it is needed. If anyone does/has done it before, I could surely use your experience.

Aside from the PCNC's, can anyone owner comment on AccurateCNC products? Specifically their flagship A637? From the videos, it seems really a great machine for PCB. But the real deal only experience tells...