AutoLeveller - the height adjusting CNC software

Thread: AutoLeveller - the height adjusting CNC software

Default AutoLeveller - the height adjusting CNC software

First of all, apologies for this seemingly shameless promotion of my software but I think not enough CNC enthusiasts know this exists yet and this software is potentially an essential tool for creating PCB's or any etched design via a CNC machine.

So, you have a PCB design ready for etching as gcode and you've just finished etching. Does this look familiar?

AutoLeveller - the height adjusting CNC software-badcircuit-jpg

Large areas remain blank (bottom left) while the tool has gone too deep in other areas. There are many reasons why this might happen but essentially it's almost impossible to get a good result even with tools like a vacuum table due to warping in the board itself or an unlevel table.
    Autolevelling software probes an area first, then uses those probed results to correctly adjust the Z height according to the machines current X Y position. The result is more like this...

AutoLeveller - the height adjusting CNC software-autoleveller-board-v0-8-jpg

This image was taken from a PCB etched with version 0.8.0 of Autoleveller via pcb-gcode and is ~100x100mm (~4"x4")

My website for this is Autoleveller | CNC workpiece levelling so if this sounds like something which might interest you, feel free to download the pre-compiled binary files up to version 0.7.7 and give it a whirl. If you like it, you might be interested in later versions, and for a very small price you can get an Autoleveller membership and download the latest versions whenever you need to. Plus, you will be supporting me, which will allow me to continue working on it, providing improvements, fixes, and additions.

The main features of my AutoLeveller are...

• Probes a workpiece and uses the information to adjust the Z height throughout
    • Easy to use GUI
    • support for Mach3 / LinuxCNC / TurboCNC
    • Works with most CAM programs or tools
    • Open source software
    • Written in Java to ensure cross-platform compatibility
    • Provides the option of writing probe values to a separate file which can be read back into the AutoLeveller for 'in-line' calculations. This allows you to resume your work from any point and even swap tool bits without the need for 're-probing'. This method also keeps the file size to a minimum
    • Automatic default probing values are obtained when a gcode file is loaded. These can of course be adjusted as needed
    • Support for both Inches and millimetres
    • A variety of useful guides are available on my site which range from a basic probe setup guide (hardware and software) to a guide for getting AutoLeveller to work on Linux systems
    • Excellent support via email and the forum, both from myself and the current AutoLeveller users <a href="http://www.autoleveller.co.uk" title="Board index">AutoLeveller</a> ? Index page

I have many plans for future additions to this including development and integration of a more robust gcode parser, improved interface, and additional visualisation options.

I am sure that there are people out there who would benefit from this so please visit Autoleveller | CNC workpiece levelling if that sounds like you and let me know if you have any questions. thanks.