Extracting current line number using Macro B.

Thread: Extracting current line number using Macro B.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Extracting current line number using Macro B.

Hello!

Once again I'm coming to the CNC zone to help me solve an issue. I'm using a Fanuc 35i control.

I have a creep-feed grinder that is encountering a spindle overload. I didn't write the program but I'm stuck fixing it. When the overload happens, a macro executes. This macro retracts the spindle to a safe location then does a soft-reset. When this happens, the program rewinds to the beginning, losing the place in the program where the fault occurs.

My question is this: Does the control store the currently executing line number (N-number) in a parameter than can be extracted? My program has N-numbers on every line.

If it does, I can modify the macro that retracts the spindle and rewinds the program to grab the current line number and put it in a variable before rewinding, letting me know exactly where the fault occurs.

Thanks for reading...

Glen

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extracting current line number using Macro B.

Quote Originally Posted by grweldon View Post
    Hello!

Once again I'm coming to the CNC zone to help me solve an issue. I'm using a Fanuc 35i control.

I have a creep-feed grinder that is encountering a spindle overload. I didn't write the program but I'm stuck fixing it. When the overload happens, a macro executes. This macro retracts the spindle to a safe location then does a soft-reset. When this happens, the program rewinds to the beginning, losing the place in the program where the fault occurs.

My question is this: Does the control store the currently executing line number (N-number) in a parameter than can be extracted? My program has N-numbers on every line.

If it does, I can modify the macro that retracts the spindle and rewinds the program to grab the current line number and put it in a variable before rewinding, letting me know exactly where the fault occurs.

Thanks for reading...

Glen
    #4114 rings a bell. I use this variable to return to main program at a specific line number. #4314 may be more suitable though. I think 4114 is last N in buffer and 4314 is last N executed.

DP

Last edited by christinandavid; 12-10-2016 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Thought

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extracting current line number using Macro B.

DP,

Thank you so much for your reply. #4114 does the trick. Exactly what I was looking for....

Glen