Newbie Macro Program for Collision check via Spinde load

Thread: Macro Program for Collision check via Spinde load

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Macro Program for Collision check via Spinde load

Hi Guys,

We are having many machine accidents (due to wrong offset or reverse part clamping). Hence i need to build up a MACRO program such that -

It will detect spindle load (at a particular load) & if the spindle load is exceeded, then a alarm will be generated.

Thus, before any collision i shall be able to get a alarm accordingly.

Thanks
    Ashish

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Macro Program for Collision check via Spinde load

The macro is a tad out of my league but I do have a suggestion to contravene inputting incorrect offsets into the controller. Using G10 in your programming for offset calls which then relegates any further offset edits to wear only. Adding detailed notes in programs will also spare many headaches as well as forced stops (M00) at times where actions like changing clamping orientation are crucial.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by gdafoe; 07-24-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spellcheck fail :p

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no Fanuc-defined system variable which stores information about spindle load. Therefore, what you desire is not possible using the usual methods.

Downloads
    Uploads

But i have found a variable no. 410 (it is a variable which is found after browsing the DIAGNOSTIC screen which continuously displays the spindle load on a Fanuc O-it series system).

Also i tried to copy this variable to #610 & then commanded the IF command, but it is showing a alarm of "ILLEGAL VARIABLE USED".

Is there any way out to copy a particular value from the diagnostic variable no. 410 ?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys, please let me know the variable which tracks the spindle speed on a typical fanuc control..

I thought in this way -
    If during a collision, the spindle speed decreases & if the spindle speed decreases (only during a particular G01 movement), then i could write a IF macro for the same & the purpose will be solved

Ashish

Downloads
    Uploads

S word is stored, but that is the last-programmed value, not the actual speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

there is certainly a parameter in the 6000 range that set the overload limit, try to find it and maybe use a macro that set it with G10, at the beginning of any opération, set it at a limit that represent the normal load of this opération

Macro Program for Collision check via Spinde load-alpha-series-ac-spindle-motor-parameter-mnl

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Samu,

Thanks for your wonderful reply. I had really lost hopes of fixing this, but your reply has once again triggered me to make this happen.

But I am having certain problems after reading the attachment. They are as follows -

1. What is the difference between Pattern 1 & Pattern 2 & which pattern to be used when?
    2. If I need to use Option B (Setting No 2), then where should I define this in program or which machine setting
    3. How to do setting of para 4029? Is it possible by macro (#4029 = 50) or does it needs G10 code to define.

Sorry to ask N number of questions, but need to get clarified before proceeding.

Thanks
    Ashish

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry but i don't know so much about that, i thing that patern 1 limit the increase speed of the power while patern 2 increase the power at normal speed(like no power limitation). Idon't know if 0i parameters are the same than 0 . Be carefull to not confuse parameter, diagnostic parameter and variable, you cant assign a value to a parameter the same way you do for a variable, you must use G10. Para 4029 are for 16/16i series. If the 0i series has the same para than the 0, you have to set para 6528 to 5 (pattern 2, limitation on normal rotation only) and para 6529 to 0-100 depend of the limit you want. write a macro called by G code and use a format like G132 W50. where w is your limitation. the macro looks like :
    %
    O9211
    G10 L50
    N6528 P5
    N6529 P#23(W value of G135 code)
    G11
    %

and another code to cancel limitation mode say G136 that is linked to a macro like that:

O9212
    G10 L50
    O9211
    G10 L50
    N6528 P0
    N6529 P0
    G11
    %

But i don't know how controler alarm out. Is there an alarm if the RPM cannot be reached after a certain time? Make your test!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I found that the parameter listed are not good for 0i. which model of 0i (0i model C or D)? it seems that 4028 and 4029 are ok for all 0i, i try some test on my old 0M-D with no luck, prm 6528 and 6529 have no effect. Maybe a more promising way is to use the overload detection. It is set with prm #4090 :% of the load meter full scale at which the overload condition is on and prm 4123: time that the overload condition must last befor spindle alarm AL-29 stop evrything. These parameter are for the 0i series, il try with 6590 and 6623 on my 0M-D. Please keep me informed of your try and result

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by samu View Post
    I found that the parameter listed are not good for 0i. which model of 0i (0i model C or D)? it seems that 4028 and 4029 are ok for all 0i, i try some test on my old 0M-D with no luck, prm 6528 and 6529 have no effect. Maybe a more promising way is to use the overload detection. It is set with prm #4090 :% of the load meter full scale at which the overload condition is on and prm 4123: time that the overload condition must last befor spindle alarm AL-29 stop evrything. These parameter are for the 0i series, il try with 6590 and 6623 on my 0M-D. Please keep me informed of your try and result

I will surely reply on this trial. Give me some time