1st!! ;)

Thread: 1st!! ;)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1st!! ;)

Well this doesn't look very popular. I have a few high end German made pantographs used in the mold trade but I don't see this conversation going anywhere, lol

EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1st!! ;)

I have a desire to build my own router pantograph for cutting wood gear clock parts. I want to use the pantograph to increase accuracy without resorting to a super expensive CNC router. I have used a pin router and actually like the cut quality better than the results from my homebrew CNC machine with a bit too much flex.

It seems like a pantograph would allow me to cut a large scale template and any errors would be reduced by the scale factor. So far the design only exists in my head.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1st!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by steve323 View Post
    I have a desire to build my own router pantograph for cutting wood gear clock parts. I want to use the pantograph to increase accuracy without resorting to a super expensive CNC router. I have used a pin router and actually like the cut quality better than the results from my homebrew CNC machine with a bit too much flex.

It seems like a pantograph would allow me to cut a large scale template and any errors would be reduced by the scale factor. So far the design only exists in my head.
    Here ya' go, Steve. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/pantog...nlay-work.html

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner