G-Code to DXF - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Code to DXF

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WayneHill View Post
    It's like making a cow out of hamburger. All the parts are there. Just don't know how to put it together.
    Nice comment and I have to agree. Inverse ingeneering is not easy
    I have dreamt of making 3D parts from scans and paths. At my work we have a highend 3D scanner (100K $) this creates very nice STL files but what happens is even with a good scan you want some changes and then you find out that its very hard to work with the files. Almoust every time I end up modelling the part up in 3D from scratch. Faster and much more flexible to changes.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is possible to create a point cloud from a G-Code to a DXF file. Have the CAD software generate a surface from the points. A lot of the surface texture would be missing. It would be possible to generate an XYZ vector points from the DXF line and circles. This could be handy to someone working on a reverse 3D model.

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Wayne, I ported your code to "VB.Net 2005", thanks for the source.

mikkojay, your VB6 code helped to, thanks both.

I didn't change much, I might add a file splitter later, maybe split large g-code files.

Hello and thanks for upload.

I tried this software on my Gcode and opened the output in AutoCAD but the result wasnt okay.I wrote my Gcode with the aid of CNC simulator(CNCsimulator.com) but im new to this so i had to make some moves to improve my product that maybe confused your program.Im sending you my Gcode in a pm to check it yourself if youre in mood.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Liliostasi,

The original program works with basic XYZ g-code. Anything else will fail to convert.

Wayne

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wayne-

I've been gone for a while but thanks for answering my question.

I loved your quote "It's like making a cow out of hamburger".

wayne wrote "It is possible to create a point cloud from a G-Code to a DXF file. Have the CAD software generate a surface from the points. "

I am going to try your method of creating a point cloud from g-code. I don't know what program does this and have had no luck searching on the internet. What program is it?

many thanks in advance!
    chris

Downloads
    Uploads

PM'ed

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Evreybody..

I need help about EMC2. I have projects with aotocat and corell Draw dxf file. But some times I couldn't convert g code for emc2 and also deskcnc open that files.
    If you use better g code converter please help me...
    Thanks
    Atakan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone Modify this to accept incremetal code

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    You don't need Vb.net to run the program, you will need "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0" (Download & install this If it's not already on your PC before you run the Gcode2DXF).

After you download the .Net Framework 2.0, then download the .Zip file here (latest version post #49).

After you have the 2 downloads on your PC, unzip the "Gcode2DXF .zip file" & follow the path below to the program (assuming you downloaded the "Gcode2DXF .zip file" to the desktop).

...\Desktop\Convert DXF SourceCode\Convert DXF SourceCode\Convert_DXF\bin\Release\Convert_DXF

Just wanting to know if anyone has ever modifed the program to accept incremental code.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default File not converted properly

Can anyone tell me why this file does not convert properly. It creates the outside of the part but does not bring in the circle in the center of the part

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

gwittlock,
    I converted your nc code using the convert dxf program. Importing the dxf into cadkey, gpuncher and gcad3d the circle showed up. I tried several viewers and the circle did not show up. It seems there is something in the dxf that is not recognized by all viewers and cad programs. Maybe Wayne can look at the dxf output and see it.

apexengineering

Downloads
    Uploads

The circle showed up in Vector CAD/CAM. It did not show up in Solidworks eDrawing viewer. The g code looks good. Something flacky on how the viewers translate the circle direction.

In the viewers: If the arc value is changed from 0 - 360 to 0-359.9999 it will show up in the viewers. I will keep researching.

Wayne

Last edited by WayneHill; 02-24-2010 at 03:36 AM.
    Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was working on an Artcam project that got corrupted. I have the gcode that was created before the file got damaged though. I am trying to get a DXF file from the gcode.

I have tried another converter that kept all of the above workpiece moves in the output, when I tried to clean it up I was not able to make it work. This software sounds like it would give me exactly what I need since it can ignore the moves above the workpiece. When I run it I get an error though. The error is "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Paramater name: length"

The gcode file is here.
    http://alan-parekh.com/wp-content/up..._engraving.tap

Any ideas?

Many articles about hacking gadgets. Examples of extreme technology. DIY projects describing how to build electronic projects. http://hackedgadgets.com

Downloads
    Uploads

See if this works for you, I converted it in NCPlot.

Scott

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MetLHead View Post
    See if this works for you, I converted it in NCPlot.

Scott
    Hi Scott,

That works perfectly! You saved me hours of work.

Thanks a million.

Many articles about hacking gadgets. Examples of extreme technology. DIY projects describing how to build electronic projects. http://hackedgadgets.com

Downloads
    Uploads

abbtech - I was able to convert your file with no problem. Was software was giving you that error?

Scott - I like your NCPlot software

Wayne

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WayneHill View Post
    abbtech - I was able to convert your file with no problem. Was software was giving you that error?

Scott - I like your NCPlot software

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

It was the one listed on comment #36 or #40. I actually didn't realize there was more than one conversion program or version listed in this thread until I went looking for the comment that I got it from.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Alan,

Yes, there have been additional converson programs written and posted in this thread. My original program did not have any error checking in it , so I knew that the error was not generated from my program.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wayne,

I tried your program and it converted the g code to dxf, however it brought in the rapid movements as well. Is there an easy way to eliminate the rapid movements without having to go into the text file and removing them prior to the conversion? Thanks.

Rush

Downloads
    Uploads

Rush,

WYSIWUG. There might be some other programs in this thread that will do what you are looking for.

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great Work Wayne, its a remarkable program. I simply love it
    Thanks!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast