F-Engrave v1.59 hang

Thread: F-Engrave v1.59 hang

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default F-Engrave v1.59 hang

loops.jpgComparing version v1.58 to v.159 I ran into a problem with v1.59 where after executing a "Calculate Cleanup" on the straight bit cleanup, F-Engrave will hang on "Re-Ordering Loops". I do not see this hang on version 1.58 . It should be noted that the straight bit cleanup on v1.58 does NOT return any required cleanup code, so it should be the same on v1.59, but instead it just hangs.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: F-Engrave v1.59 hang

I have not been able to repeat the behavior you are reporting so I need additional information.

The best way to give me all of the details is to save a g-code file with the "Suppress Comments" option turned off in the "General Settings" window. Also include the image you are using as an input.
    If you send me the g-code file and the image I can run F-Engrave with your exact settings and input. Then I can see the problem.

You can send the files to the e-mail address in the F-Engrave help menu.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: F-Engrave v1.59 hang

@thunterman, thanks for sending the files. There was a bug in the new cleanup code that was added in V1.59. I have fixed the bug and uploaded a new version of F-Engrave V1.60 to the F-Engrave web page.

F-Engrave Download

Some of the changes in V1.59 ensured that the cleanup code did not miss any areas for cleanup. You will notice that the new code does find an area that can be cleaned up with the flat bit. The v-clean code still cleans up the whole area also because the v-clean is still cleaning up more than it needs to (which is better than not enough). A future improvement is to make the v-clean work better.

Thanks for reporting the error!

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com