Open Source V-Carving - Page 33

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2330313233

Thread: Open Source V-Carving

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Open Source V-Carving

Thanks, I should have tried it out. Very clear now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using my shop vac as a vacuum holddown--it works pretty good, but I need to take lighter cuts to keep from pushing the work around.
    This current project is small, about 8x8", and doing a test run yesterday it got pushed off alignment, so today I am reducing the cut depth further. It doesn't seem to have reduce the cut depth as I expected.

Cut depth limit -0.625"

Prismatic
    Prismatic overcut -0.1"
    Vcarve finish pass 0.02"
    Vcarve max depth per pass -0.0625"

Despite the above settings, the first Vbit cut on the inlay was about 5/32", which seems like 0.1"+1/16". I was expecting this to be cut in several passes.
    What's up?

Scorch, I'm sending you the gcode via email, 1200 lines seems way too much to tie up the forum with.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sajurcaju View Post
    I'm using my shop vac as a vacuum holddown--it works pretty good, but I need to take lighter cuts to keep from pushing the work around.
    This current project is small, about 8x8", and doing a test run yesterday it got pushed off alignment, so today I am reducing the cut depth further. It doesn't seem to have reduce the cut depth as I expected.

Cut depth limit -0.625"

Prismatic
    Prismatic overcut -0.1"

Vcarve finish pass 0.02"
    Vcarve max depth per pass -0.0625"

Despite the above settings, the first Vbit cut on the inlay was about 5/32", which seems like 0.1"+1/16". I was expecting this to be cut in several passes.
    What's up?

Thanks for sending the g-code. Having the file always helps clarify things.

Unfortunatly the file you sent does not support your statements above. The cuts in the g-code you sent start at .0625 then step down to final depth of 0.163.

Here are the max depths for each pass from the file you sent.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scorch, my apologies. The file I sent was the updated file from my Windows laptop, where it was created. I moved it to my Linux box in the shop, copying a bunch of files from the USB drive. I said "replace all", but it doesn't seem to have done that. The cut was done with the old file.

Obviously something isn't right in my description--I will move the files again and verify the updates this time.
    Either Linux didn't update the files, or when I copied them onto the USB drive it didn't work. Most likely user error, though I don't see where.

Thanks very much, sorry to bug you.

I will be posting about my inlay project, assuming at least somewhat successful completion!

Steve

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2330313233