Modernization of the Elm Dc Servo Controller (Russian UHU by Hudognik) - Page 10

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Modernization of the Elm Dc Servo Controller (Russian UHU by Hudognik)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello I have a question, Is there a version of program for Atmega8 with a step multiplier?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Publish code step multiplier for Atmega8, thanks arisov77

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

H

Last edited by berin; 01-16-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. ok i'm working on two cnc machines. a SUPER small one made out of G10 for milling pcb's. and a much larger one for work horse kind of stuff.
    I like the idea of doing servo control. I have read the entire post but I'm a little lost because there are a bunch of versions of this controller. Servo_Mega8_L298.zip‎, I like how simple it is very small PCB etc.... What I'm wondering is what is the final version of the PCB layout. Because I like the one on the first page. and I'm wondering which of the asm/hex files is the final version for that board. I'm just looking for the best and easiest bang for my buck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi what is the advantage of the controller that using 20MHZ is it faster in capturing the impulse and how many step/second it can run without error?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

arisov, could you give english comments for program on post #13 please
    the schematic works when given servo_AtMega_TimerInt program but cannot work on the program in the file
    i'm trying to fix it but there are some parts i don't understand
    thx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, that did not immediately respond to questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mo7 View Post
    hi what is the advantage of the controller that using 20MHZ is it faster in capturing the impulse and how many step/second it can run without error?
    Yes, it will faster in capturing the impulse.
    The maximum pulse frequency of approximately 100kHz (this is theoretically, practically - I do not know).

Quote Originally Posted by dithe View Post
    arisov, could you give english comments for program on post #13 please the schematic works when given servo_AtMega_TimerInt program but cannot work on the program in the file i'm trying to fix it but there are some parts i don't understand
    thx
    As I understand the scheme of post #13 with code "Servo_AtMega_TimerInt.hex" (post #1) you have running.
    If so, then the difference between the code from post #1 and #13 only in sub «tap_voltage:». By the way there I found the error (in the labels and Direct_R Direct_L state does not change:
    sbi PORTC,Dir_R ;
    cbi PORTC,Dir_L ;
    - perhaps because of this and not working. Check this "iron" I can not.

Source Code for AtMega8 / L289 with the corrected subroutine «tap_voltage:» with a few comments in the English language in the attached archive (all translated, unfortunately I can not yet - no time).
    Check the "iron" and if possible, write the results. I will try more often to look here on the forum.

Incidentally, the parallel connection of output circuits L298 to do better, not as in my diagram (post #13), and as a DataSheet L298 www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/1773.pdf (Figure 7).

Berin, see above in the text.

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

подскажите чайнику, чем отличаться ATmega88-20PU от
    ATmega88PA-AU
    Prompt to a teapot, than to differ ATmega88-20PU from
    ATmega88PA-AU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

скажите чем отличается ATmega88-20PU от ATmega88PA-AU
    Tell than differs ATmega88-20PU from ATmega88PA-AU

Downloads
    Uploads

Default congratulations

Hello

Great work congratulations to all

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey arisov, thanks for the reply.
    it turns out there were problems in the schematics
    the pin configuration on the L298 were different from the datasheet
    also the serial communication
    tried fixing it but somehow still doesn't work
    i'm going to try the schematic on post #14 by jozefp
    could you post original program with english comments?
    thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone for a single sided pcb for L298 as a standalone board .
    Please let me know how to attach a file into this post and ill give you the scematic and picture

Downloads
    Uploads

Attach Files

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

магнитный энкодер AS5040 люди помогите включить режим диагностики положения и центровки магнита, как я понял необходимо подать определенную комбинацию импульсов?

magnetic encoder AS5040 people help enable diagnostics and alignment of the magnet, as I understand it is necessary to submit a combination of impulses?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

currently at work will post it as soon as possible (when i get home)as well as a single layer pcb for attiny2312 also standalone for prototyping.Played with it yesterday and servo drive working good.Will post pics when done and currently busy building vb app for servo tuning of elm dc servo so that hyperterminal is not needed,but will use max232 for comms

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by arisov77 View Post
    Continue Subjects Russian UHU by Hudognik - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! here, as this open project and i hope that who be else joined to modernizations Elm Chan servocontroller.
    Present new variant scheme and code.
    Change:
    - Moved converter RS-232/UART from PCB into DataCable. USB/UART on FT232 - works, but bad. Better use RS232/UART.
    - Added limit move Limit_L & Limit_R. Questioning of their condition through 20ms (for eliminating noise). If Limit are not used, that detail their chain possible not to install. Internal pull-ups resistors to all input are installed software in AtMega.
    - Select type contact (Normally closed or normally open)
    - Input EMERGENCY STOP (E-Stop) - it is actuated one temporarily enable Limit_L & Limit_R to condition “ServoError”.
    - Output “ServoError”. Moves over to condition “ServoError” with simultaneous indication of this condition. Disable thereof conditions through Off-On power, unset on Reset or in ServoTuning push “Stop” or change the mode.
    - Two steps of protection from unbalance of the positions. 1st. - at excess 20 000 steps immediately transition in condition “ServoError” . 2st. - on time - at excess 3 steps are included timer and if in current 15 seconds unbalance will not become less 3 steps, that transition in condition “ServoError”. If for 15 sec. unbalance will become less 3 steps, that timer reset.
    - Sensing the condition encoder possible (as variant) on interruptions from internal comparator. On him and external entities VD2,VD3, R23-R25, R29 is made analog exclusive or (EOR). The differences in work I have not noticed (no high-resolution encoder), but theoretically she better (fast), than with questioning encoder on interruption from Timer0 (12mks).
    - It is actuated WatchDog (period 38ms)
    - Increased reliability of keeping data in EEPROM. For this: record of each parameter from ServoTuning is produced in 3 bytes located in miscellaneous area EEPROM. At power-up are read these 3 bytes, are then compared and if one of them is not others, that is produced rerecording the bad cell. This is repeated for all importances in EEPROM. When loading parameter from EEPROM in ServoTuning are read given only from one area (without checking for equality). After conservation and loading parameter address EEPROM is changed on address not containing data. After these change - I reset EEPROM did not observe.

I have done 4 variant Source Code: Servo_AtMega_TimerInt - for AtMega8, on Timer, Servo_AtMega_CompInt – for AtMega8, on comparator and such for AtMega88 - Servo_AtMega88_TimerInt and Servo_AtMega88_CompInt. The Code trims with interruptions from Timer0 possible to use as with scheme, which I shown earlier, so and new variant. With interruptions from comparator, only with new variant of the scheme. The Code trim with interruptions from compator I have checked only with AtMega88, with AtMega8 only partly, but guarantee on 95% that she will work.

When adjusting in ServoTuning importances for Your motor save in zero bank, as started with it.

Possible ways of the further improvement:
    - Installing the quartz on 24МГц and change the program
    - Use the hardware multiplying (only on AtMega)
    - Change of time of the servo cycle with 1ms on more low importance
    - Development PCB. Since I all change did on PCB, which shown earlier + with additional element with outboard montage.

Commentary in Source Code in russian language, but if it is necessary can translate one of the SourceCodes (for example).
    How to change to +/- 1000 steps for 'Servo Error'? or better would be to be able to input in servo tunning how much we wanted ( from 0 to 32000 steps )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if there still people working or want to work with this, however the topic is still alive.

I have some (8) of these very nice design boards as left overs.
    Professional made thruhole plated boards.
    I would say 5 euro each, this included the little booster board.
    have also the IRF540N + 620100 each 1,25 euro new
    Tiny quarts 8 - 16 - or 20Mhz 0.75 new
    This is a nonprofit sell just to cover my next project.
    Send from Holland to any place as long as you cover the shipping costs.

Gr. Roel

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the latest version of the ATmega88 16MHz? I use v3.3 - v3.4 How to set the driver to do the ATmega88 20Mhz?
    I'm sorry I'm using Google translator Greetings to all here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Atmel, I sent you a PM. Do you still have any of the boards 4 sale?

Thank You.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ Drools,

Yes i have

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast