dsPic-Servo - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: dsPic-Servo

Downloads
    Uploads

smarbaga
    Do you have a final release PDF or brd-sch etc.. final files of your layout???? I like yours best, and am planning on building it. Or better yet, pro blanks fab boards??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Iron-Man Servo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which pins are used for H-bridge in the last hex code yapsc_v1?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

is this controller for a BLDC motor or Brashed ?

i search for a Brushless dc or Ac Motor Contoroller .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by irxplod View Post
    is this controller for a BLDC motor or Brashed ?

i search for a Brushless dc or Ac Motor Contoroller .
    It is for Brashed motors.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, my servo encoder output is A and B do not have a output INDX whether it will work properly with driver version V1?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbgN3uNVdw&feature=endscreen&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbgN3uNVdw&feature=endscreen&NR=1
    dspic30f4011 LCD 16x2 DISPLAY
    encoder 1000 p/r
    lcd Show
    x feedback eencoder
    c command from pc mach3 cnc sof

Last edited by adisak; 01-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: dsPic-Servo

As much as I like the idea of open-source hardware/software, I am greatly disappointed in the lack of an inexpensive funcitonal DC servo driver.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some interesting designs posted and some that appear to have merit (roverto_c's Schema.zip needs minor mods like schottky diodes diodes) but all seem to be incomplete, some missing source code, others have strange power supply requirements (OPA549).

Those who have offered such designs like Iron-Man and Max-Mod have all vanished making obtaining a reliable working design impossible.

I'd really like to find a working solution that targets the electrocraft E240/G240 type DC servo motors since they are plentiful, include an A/B/Z encoder and run from +48volts but like many, luck is not on my side as no solution seems to exist.

If someone has a proven design I'd really like to consider it so contact me please.

-- Dale

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    As much as I like the idea of open-source hardware/software, I am greatly disappointed in the lack of an inexpensive funcitonal DC servo driver.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some interesting designs posted and some that appear to have merit (roverto_c's Schema.zip needs minor mods like schottky diodes diodes) but all seem to be incomplete, some missing source code, others have strange power supply requirements (OPA549).

Those who have offered such designs like Iron-Man and Max-Mod have all vanished making obtaining a reliable working design impossible.

I'd really like to find a working solution that targets the electrocraft E240/G240 type DC servo motors since they are plentiful, include an A/B/Z encoder and run from +48volts but like many, luck is not on my side as no solution seems to exist.

If someone has a proven design I'd really like to consider it so contact me please.

-- Dale
    I have not vanished. If anyone is interested please contact me. the OPA549 is an operational amplifier and requires a split power supply. If anyone has interest then please let me know. Yes there are a lot of projects out there, but for high performance something other than a dspic or ARM STM32F type processor is needed. I have used the DsPic servo amps to mill all the conversion parts for the Denford NovaTurn Lathe and the parts for the AMD Gizmosphere 1 enclosure. You can see my work posted on CncZone and the Denford web sites.
    For serious applications, Texas Instruments processors should be looked at. AC Servo Drives | TI.com. They are high performance and have software for most motor designs, DC, AC, BLDC servos etc.

I have gathered components and info for a upgrade to the OPA549. It is a TLE 6209 R (Delivers up to 6 A continuous and 7 A peak current, Operates at supply voltages of up to 40V).
    I could provide some help and circuit boards if the interest is high.

Currently busy upgrading the NovaTurn, iBOB2 and AMD GizmoSphere 1, PathPilot.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 12-04-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional info.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post

-- Dale
    The Elm Chan servo drive works well for the electrocraft servos, I have them on my router and have never had a problem.

ELM - DC Servomotor Controller

That is about as cheap as you can get for a DIY servo drive.

Another option is this one, that also does BLDC, I am going to try build one myself, time permitting...it is derived from the original dsPIC servo and MAX MODs version.

https://www.vbesmens.de/en/positioning-controller.html

Good luck.

Russell.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MaX-MoD View Post
    Hello,
    I apologise for that long silence, I've been quite busy.
    The source is here : dspic-servo-26-Oct-2008.zip
    and the KiCAD project (TO220 MOSFET, NCP5106 driver, no SMT parts) : V1.zip
    And finally the manual, in French : YAPSC-Manuel

PS:
    Forgot to say the board runs fine. I don't think there will be any other improvements, maybe just error loop between controllers (all controllers stop in the cas of one detects a MaxError event reached)

I am planning a smaller, simple board without power stage, in order to control +-10V servo amplifiers directly.
    I am also starting the native 3 phase controller for AC and BLDC :rainfro:

Anyone has got these files? I need them .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    The Elm Chan servo drive works well for the electrocraft servos, I have them on my router and have never had a problem.

ELM - DC Servomotor Controller

That is about as cheap as you can get for a DIY servo drive.
    :cough:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open-s...en-source.html

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789