3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CRP4848 with 1530 base

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CRP4848 with 1530 base

I just got started good on my first cnc router table this week.

It is a CRP4848 but with 1530 side rails and 4 crossmembers. I did this to keep down on cost by almost $200 over 1545 rails. cncrouterparts has some undermount brackets that work great.

Also to save some money I bought all the 8020 myself (the 1530 from a person going out of business and the 3060 from the 8020 ebay store). There is a lot of screw tapping involved. 24 5/16 taps on the base and 4 on the gantry so far. I now know how to tap with my eyes closed.

Thanks to tooldesigner for the videos of the build process, crp should give you parts for those videos.

This may be a long journey!

The parts I am using are listed here.
    4 8020 1530 crossmembers (54", but i made a mistake and ordered 57", more later)
    2 8020 1530 rails (60")
    1 8020 3060 for gantry (60")
    1 8020 1530 for z
    Cnc Router Parts hardware kit
    undermount brackets from crp
    4 2.5x0.25x60 Predrilled steel rails from crp
    gear rack from crp (could not get it from moore gear in the right lenght)
    4 axis 878oz motor kit from Longs Motor 34HST9805-37B2 motor DM860A driver
    2.2 kw Spindle from linerbearings2008 on ebay (messaged him for just the spindle)
    x200 Hatichi VFD from Drives warehouse
    4 conductor 16awg speaker wire from monoprice (for motor wires)
    4 pin xlr connectors from mouser for motors

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by allengambrell; 03-20-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some images of the table I built for a base. It is 57" by 63". I wanted it a little long so I can build supports later to hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood so I can cut it in half. Top is 1/2 mdf and the base is all 2x4s. It turned out very stable.

Also the 1030 crossmember I got already had holes in them to accept bolts. But I also got them too long at 57". I assumed the undermount brackets from crp would need the crossmembers to go under the rail, I was wrong. So I had to cut them to 54" I did it with a miter saw and a carbide tiped blade. The new blade for only $15 and I used some wd40 on them when I cut them. Make sure to clamp them down real good.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0553_resize-jpg   -img_0555_resize-jpg   -img_0560_resize-jpg   -img_0561_resize-jpg  

-img_0562_resize-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been testing the motor kit today and playing around with mach3.

I am running into a little problem with the motors. I had wired them as it said in the instructions but was getting jerky movement even under 100ipm. I posted on the motor forum and now have them wired in parallel and set to 2.8 current 1600 microstep and seem to be working a little better.

Does anyone else have any more ideas for ideal settings?

My original post
    "I got them to turn, but I cannot seem to get them to run smoothly even below 100ipm. I have them wired like the wiring instructions said, which would be the second diagram on the motor spec sheet.

It came with 2 48vdc power supplies, I have the x and a (slaved) wired to one, and the y and z wired to another.

I am trying to figure out what setting on the drivers to set the output current toand the microstep. They came set 7.8a and 51200 microstep. I changed the microstep to 2000 and current to 6.4.

The motors seem to jump and stop spinning. I set them at around 100ipm in mach and the y and z seem to be getting hot (even though I was not joging them for test), but the x and a are not. "

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are the documents for the motors.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -34hs-dm860a-driver-power-wiring-pdf   -34hst9805-37b2-pdf   -breakout-board-manual-pdf   -dm860a-motor-driver-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 4x4 kits are getting popular around here

Make sure you brace your frame diagonally because they move around more then you would think.

By using 1530 for the rails and cross pieces how are you going to have clearance for the carriages?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will post some image of the undermount brackets later, but the clearance is fine the rail 1530 is 3 inchs off the table with nothing under it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep those are the brackets. They are really well designed like most of the crp stuff.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some images of the cnc as it is right now.

I have yet to do the z axis and am waiting on some new pulleys and helicoil to match the 14mm motor shafts from crp.

You can see how the undermount brackets work. Two socket head cap screws go into the end of the 1530 crossmembers and 2 carriage bolts on the underside and one carriage bolt on the inside of the rails.
    If you use these I would suggest that you slide all the brackets in the rails then screw in the crossmembers, square up then tighten the rails.

Also I screwed the 1030 to the table using some l brackets from lowes. One in each corner for now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0569_resize-jpg   -img_0568_resize-jpg   -img_0566_resize-jpg   -img_0565_resize-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Running into some issues with the motor testing and mach 3.

I can run mach 3 and the all 4 of the motors will jog, but if I hold the jog key down they will stop moving at random times. Sometimes they will start back but others they will stall and just sit there. I think the stalling my be more motor tuning, but what is causing them to stop when I am continuing to hold the key down?

I have run drivertest and it says pulsing too fast, but once in a while it pops up excellent then goes back to pulsing too fast. I have tried all the options for the kernel speed in the drivertest and they all say pulsing too fast while the number at the top of the screen is around the set kernal rate. I can barely see the little blips on the graph.

This is a computer with a fresh install of windows 7 and mach 3 is the only program installed. I do not even have a network card hooked to it.

Is the pulsing too fast causing the motors to stop turning or is that something else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be a problem with windows 7. I think most people are running mach 3 on XP.

Is it your keyboard? Does it act the same if you use your mouse clicking on the jog buttons?

My CRP 48 x 48 build [URL=]http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open_source_cnc_machine_designs/144173-crp_4x4.html[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok tonight I changed the power setting in the computer, to make sure it will not go to sleep. After I did this I just ran driver test again and it said excellent! Wanted to check the motors before I tried the bois changes so I loaded mach3 to test.
    But now None of the motors are turning when I jog!!!
    I have changed nothing on the wiring and the power supply lights and driver lights are on, but no moverment. The DRO for all the axis move in mach, the the motors to not move or make any noise. They do torqe up when I apply power but that is it.

I thought it might be the bob, but the estop button is working!

Any help? I am Lost now.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast