Electronic home switches made easy! - Page 61

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1237

Thread: Electronic home switches made easy!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Electronic home switches made easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike58 View Post
    Strange - I see this
    See Post #1 of the thread!!
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a question: What happens when the magnets scarf up all the metal shavings and or plasma dust ? I have seen mag sensors used but it was on an engraving machine used for wood and plastic and the positions were covered I kinda like light instead of magnetism. Hall sensors are really good to sense current flow in a conductor.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a question: What happens when the magnets scarf up all the metal shavings and or plasma dust ?
    We're using them on routers, where this isn't an issue.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

PM sent Mike58

Ya, sorry, I took the website down, it was costing me too much.

I too have not heard from Romanlini or seen him around.

Routers cut wood, plastic, aluminum, and brass. These tend not to be magnetic, so they don't stick to the magnets. The switches can be used for other things too, this design Romanlini came up with can be used for many things, for instance, hooking it to an Arduino based home made robot or something. Even 3D printer or laser etching/engraving machine.

I had one of those cheap Chinese 40W laser engravers, and added these switches to it instead of those crappy micro switches they have, big improvement. Although I ended up selling the machine, as the extruded rails ended up warping. Those machines are so cheaply made.

It's a fairly simply design, yet when configured correctly, can be extremely accurate for repeat-ability, as there are no moving mechanical parts.

X²Design&Fabrication
    www.x2df.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Could someone help me with wiring these switches - I have the Honeywell SS451A's
    I'm easily confused and not electronically minded - a bad combination
    I have a HG08 breakout board from www.cnc4you.co.uk
    It provides 5V+ and five inputs. My understanding is
    1. connect the + tag to the 5v+ from the HG08
    2. connect the Out tag to one of the HG08's inputs

I'm confused by:
    A. Where do I connect the middle (ground) tag?
    B. If I understand it right, these switches are Normally Open (with magnet absent) - does it not need to be Normally Closed, then when the magnetic field is present, Open?

Spent all morning trying to work out what I'm sure is dead simple - if someone could help it would be appreciated.
    Data sheet for HG08 BOB is on www.cnc4you.co.uk website if that helps
    thanks in advance
    Joz

Last edited by Joz; 01-30-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I've sorted it. Read through the earlier pages carefully, fitted the correct resistor, all sorted.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hub View Post
    If you have an internal pull-up resistor (which pulls up the input high when there is no load) don't use that for anything else. Connect a separate resistor for the LED, that would be for example between Out & the LED (-).
    So does that mean it will in essence be a NC switch, I understand this is the preferred condition. Please explain as I’m a noob in electronics. I will be putting switches on each home, limit . Using G540 and Smoothstepper with C25S BOB so I have more than enough inputs. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

If using the SS441 based units then they are open collector transistor output, and require a magnetic field to operate. or turn on the output.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I know, the way the fellow in the previous note stated it it seemed his setup of the Hall effects it was a NC condition when it was not activated.
    Guess I have to live with the NO state, it will still work.
    Thanks
    I had purchased Hall effect switches and so far I haven’t got them to work in a test case, maybe I need to go with this more simple method.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electronic home switches made easy!-87130c06-8534-4d6b-9f8e-034fd6007af0-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The SS400 series need a pull up resistor from output to 5v+, if not provided.
    5k to 10k

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    5k to 10k
    So that’s the resistor beside the sensor i see embedded?

Downloads
    Uploads

There has been many posts, but see post #13 for Romans set up and the resistor.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al, I really appreciate all this information it’s going to make my job a lot easier.
    Is there an easy way to print out all the information at one time, rather than highlight a section at a time?

Downloads
    Uploads

to print out all the information at one time
    depends on your browser. Generally, right click the mouse and choose "save page as ..."

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    depends on your browser. Generally, right click the mouse and choose "save page as ..."
    Thanks I’ll try that later.
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by x2df View Post
    If you are using an LED with less than 20mA supply current, you can use any (preferable a XOR GATE in this situation) Logic Gate. Simply wire the cathode to the output of the LED and wire the Anode of the green LED to the Output of the same logic gate. When the switch is on, it will show as green, supplying the Green LED with current, when the Switch is tripped, it would allow the Logic gate to 'sink' the current of the Red LED.

The input to the Red LED would be just powered from 5 volts or whatever voltage you have, with respect to the proper resistor in line to supply the proper forward voltage of the LED.

The Hall Effect Sensor output would got to one of the A or B inputs of the Logic Gate, (instead of the Anode of the LED as before), and the other input of the logic gate would be connected to ground. Most CMOS Logic Gates will Sink or Source up to 25mA, any more than that, you'll destroy the logic gate. But Your LED's will most Likely reach enough (if not full) brightness at around 10mA anyway.
    Could those red and green leds be located on the console, a pair fro every switch this would show at a glance that all switches were on line and which ones were at the limit or home? This may have already been addressed as I just found this excellent way above my head topic. I need to add these switches to my DIY twelve year old CNC, been running manual way too long.
    It would be nice if someone took all this information and put it in book form it sure would save many people a lot of time from going down dead end rabbit holes.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    5k to 10k
    I had some A 3144 HE sensors and I connected one up on a breadboard and it works according to the LED.
    Now I want try it on the C25S BOB PORT 1 PIN 10.
    I have marked up the drawing showing where I think it needs to be connected, but I’m not sure, is it correct or do I need to make a different connection?

The other diagram (no led) is from the manufacturer and with that configuration it a digital output. Is it still a digital output the way the one with a LED is configured?

The A3144 pin out just like the SS441 pin out in this thread. In that case should I be able to follow the same wiring layouts, is that true????.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electronic home switches made easy!-da02fa49-07c5-4da9-92cb-538a02b79bd2-jpg   Electronic home switches made easy!-55504a72-5b71-4ed9-95f5-1e31c0938740-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
    I had some A 3144 HE sensors and I connected one up on a breadboard and it works according to the LED.
    Now I want try it on the C25S BOB PORT 1 PIN 10.
    I have marked up the drawing showing where I think it needs to be connected, but I’m not sure, is it correct or do I need to make a different connection?

The other diagram (no led) is from the manufacturer and with that configuration it a digital output. Is it still a digital output the way the one with a LED is configured?

The A3144 pin out just like the SS441 pin out in this thread. In that case should I be able to follow the same wiring layouts, is that true????.
    I know you are having fun and learning, but why are you messing this primitive switching, for your machine you can buy ready to use proximity switches from eBay Etc. for little money that are ready to mount use 3 wire connection job done NPN or PNP NC depending on what your needs are

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought two different styles and was unable to make them work.unable to find any wiring diagrams for them for a mach based CNC, seems like they are Arduino only???
    Could you venture a guess how to connect them?
    Here’s a photo of the two.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electronic home switches made easy!-562a0819-d4cb-466f-b126-68086ef930e2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Better photo of connection details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electronic home switches made easy!-846f5c47-d233-49cf-a822-0b60550d7505-jpg  

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162 LastLast