Shake up at OneCNC? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shake up at OneCNC?

Downloads
    Uploads

SRT,

If your are using a tooling block like the one shown above, and have 4 different parts loaded, (a different part on each face).
    Or 4 diffferent operations on the same part, (one operation per face), then I would use a different work offsets (x.y,z,a) on each face. It would be likely that you would need to do this because of the different parts or different datum points on the same part.
    I was under the impression from your original post that you wanted to model 1 part to rotate around the rotary.
    Now that I know you are grouping parts on a platter, I would as stated above use seperate work offsets for every part.

How old is your Haas? What software version does it have?
    Haas service tech could tell you if it will have G10.

As far as if your remachine your work stops, I would agree that at that time you should use your edgefinder and reset your work offsets.

In the picture below is a table, it has 4 parts like your, and all parts have their own work offset.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shake up at OneCNC?-tn_mvc-004f-jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by SRT
    Ocassionally these center solid machined locators have to be re-machined due to clamping deformations which occur etc.,etc. , now the X0 if programed as a grouped model would need to be changed to a lesser distance because of the material removed on the locators. How much of an effort would that be using the move function (I suppose) to go thru the program to change all of those in comparison to edge finding all the actual offset values. If in fact that would even be the way that you would suggest to do it? I know it takes a lot of time to use the edgefind method, but this is where your solids experience comes in, I don't know how much difficulty there is to change the solid drawing to accomplish the same thing or how many times it may needed to be reprogrammed to tweek it in. That is one of the type of decisions that would be necessary to make, in the solid thought process changes vs. as I'm now doing it. Thanks. [/B]
    SRT, to be clear, if you actually move the solid model within Onecnc's cyberspace, then you will have to create a new "nc process" to get the updated positions. A simple "edit operation" within Onecnc's Nc manager will not incorporate toolpath alterations except as pertains to the size of the tool, or the depth of cut or the stepover, etc. The re-selection of the profile or model in its new position to be cut is not part of the "edit process" function.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by SRT

I do use the G52 in my control when I am moving back and forth between mutiple vises. Yes I agree, I like that capability very much also.
    Hi SRT,
    one of the benefits of G52 (but at least of the G10 too) is, that you have millions of possibilities for moving your coordinates. In my control (HURCO Ultimax) I can put a A or B-word with G52 too. Therefore I would make me a template with some lines for controlling your subprograms.

Just only a sketch of an idea:
    O1 - Ox are your working programs as sub's (one for each tool call or one i.e. per working side of your turntable)

#1 is a parameter for controlling the subprogram-calls

START:
    (your prelines from ONECNC)
    #1=1
    M98 P90 (or G65 L1)
    #1=2
    M98 P90
    #1=3
    M98 P90
    #1=4
    M98 P90
    #1=5
    M98 P90
    #1=6
    M98 P90
    ()

(put your 'last' lines here)

M30
    (Finish is now here!)

()
    O90 (Start control' Sub)
    G52 X0 Y0 Z0 A0
    M98P#1
    G52 X-0.01 Y0.04 Z0 A90
    M98P#1
    G52 X0.1 Y0.001 Z-.01 A180
    M98P#1
    G52 X0 Y0 Z0.02 A270
    M98P#1
    M99 (End Sub)
    ()
    (Subprograms)
    O1
    your NC-Code from Onecnc ...
    M99

O2
    your NC-Code from Onecnc ...
    M99
    E

Just for my dictionary: what do you call a tombstone? Is that one of the square colums on the fotos to fix parts on?

Maybe solids won't help at all.
    [/B]
    nothing in this world will help AT ALL, but it should help more then it is harmful

My opinion is, that you should work with your edgefinder to find out the offsets of every piece-position in your fixing block and fill these positions into my template. Then only put the code-sections into the subs and do not forget to test my sketch it is in this manner absolutely untested!!

Kingkong

P.S. @Hu :Heheh, add me to the list of guys writing while others were posting

dont quarrel, even post quicker :rainfro: (SCNR, I had to use this smiley one time)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To all who have contributed suggestions, Thank you very much. Much of what has been suggested, except the G10 and solid thoughts, I am familiar with. I believe the next step would be for me to get a handle on the solids as they would appear rotating around a C/L. I'm hopeful things will get clearer then. I have parts drawn on 0 & 180 which will also be machined on the +90 & -90 sides. I'm not sure how the correct way would be to show a table rotation up to the tool location, and then cut just those sides. I guess a blank out of all the rest of the geometry other than the 12:00 position, using layers may be the best. Any suggestions about that? Thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

KK,
    The tombstones are as you are mentioning in the photos, but they are not limited to just 4 sides. As you may already know some have 2,3,4,5,6 sides. The ones I was programming for and using on a HMC even had a part on the top, also getting an operation machined on it.
    As far as the solids helping as you restate in your previous post, it is necessary that the benefit that is received must be worth the cost of the investment. I realize the benefit of solids in other areas of machining (no question there), but I'm still "trying to determine" solids benefit in programming as in indexing. I'm not just looking for something better than my current software, but rather, something that will do these particular indexing process better. The questions that I was asking earlier in other threads, about the verification in onecnc being a still shot verses a moving verification (as in MC & some others) of the rendering, is one of the reservations that I have about this software in this decision. There is a lot of things happening in this situation verses a group of vises setting still on the table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default $$$...

What are we talking for 4 axis capability?
    Just curious.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hardmill,
    In reference to the $$$ question, are you asking prices of a vertical mill that has 4th axis capability=?, or the rotary table that goes on the mill to perform the 4th axis capability of the mill=?, or the cost of the programming softwares that I am investigating to help with the 4th axis programming of the mill and rotary table=?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to all who donated your helpful suggestions.
    But....well.....yep.....,
    It's back to reality,
    Using what I was origionally using for 4th axis rotary table programming,
    "Work Offsets" and sometimes, plenty of them.

To clarify, I sent back the Expert after 28 days when I found out that it wouldn't preform as it had been explained to me that it would. I found support to be very lacking. I had to call several times in order to get them to call me back, once I started asking the right questions. To get them to call back on several ocassions, I even had to call the office phone operator, to ask them to get support to call me back, after support didn't return my direct calls to them. I started feeling that I was onto some of there software problems, and they were just letting the 30 days return time run out on me. Then they wouldn't refund my $4500.00, so I called in the Credit card company, and they were told 2 different times that the money was going to be sent back. But it didn't happen as they were told it would, those 2 times. So when the allowed time was nearly expired to get my money back, the credit card company told me that they would have to do a charge-back against them in order to get my money back. Prior to sending the Expert back, I had been getting some very bad feelings about what may occur in the return process dealing with this software company. I'm sure glad that when I sent it back to them, that I had a notary public send it back for me, as proof of return. "Finally" I received my $4500.00 credit.

Last edited by SRT; 10-26-2003 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12