The NC manager !!

Thread: The NC manager !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default The NC manager !!

You think 3d models are hard to machine? Well, so are some of the 2d classes of work, stuff that takes a lot of tools, but no one of them doing very much cutting.

Well, I am just so pleased with Onecnc's (XP versions) NC manager.

I discovered today that I can get real meaningful output, out of the job sheet, stuff which I used to have to write up by hand after I had created a program. Now, I can get a print out of all the operations and tools required, and this greatly facilitates machine setup.

The nice thing is, I didn't have to do redundant manual typing to get this info.

I also shuffled my operations around a little (just drag and drop) as I thought more about the sequencing. I first thought I'd do it in three seperate programs, then changed my mind and dragged them all into one toolgroup. Then reposted.

Now my guys can get a much better idea of what is supposed to happen, without me forgetting to explain certain steps of the whole process.

Fantastic!

Similar Threads:
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Nc Manager

Hu,
    I have also been using the JOB SHEET info. I have been attaching a copy of it to my digital photos of the actual setup, in the setup files. I also have used this info for bidding also. When a customer sends in a model to bid on I go thru and set the job up and run the post and tool manager and then look at the time figures to get my bid. So far It has been a safe bet. You need to make sure that your speed and feeds are right, but you would with any bid setup.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)