Auto save as user in Mill Expert

Thread: Auto save as user in Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto save as user in Mill Expert

Since I've changed my Mill XPert log-in from Default to my own name, and copied all the files across from Default, I think that Auto save does not seem to be functional. Guess how I found this out

I have Auto save on, on a 10 minute interval

Any corroboration on this, WMS?

Similar Threads:
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto save

Hu,

I'l bet you found out because....Oh I don't know...you lost hours and hours of work?

I,m running a "save" test right now so I'll get back to you about this, in say 10 minutes or so.

I too have auto save on 10 minute time, but I've gotten in the habit of manually saving after almost every operation, so I haven't noticed if there is a problem.

Last edited by wms; 05-16-2003 at 01:31 PM.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto save

Hu,
    Sorry I was trying to find a quick fix. But to no luck. It appears that Auto save is broken.:frown:
    Does auto save work if you use the default user? Mine does'nt work even using the default user.
    Also did your toolbar and layer settings move when you tranfered the settings file?

Look at your setting.ini file for the different user names you have and see what size they are. Default starts out at about 12kb and the other customized files I have are about 18kb.

I have noticed that if you use the drop down and create a new user, then go and copy the setting.ini from another file into the new user in windows explorer, it about doubles the file size. So it seems that the old setting.ini does not go away, that it just gets added to.

I'll make the call to OneCNC about the auto save.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto save

HU,

Talked to ONeCNC about auto save. Hopefully it will make it into the upcoming update.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the research, WMS. I think the setting.ini seems to be growing as I make modifications under my new user name. Its at about 26kb right now.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.