Scaling?

Thread: Scaling?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Scaling?

Example:
    Say I have a full size drawing and want to scale it down for machining does OneCNCXP provide for this?
    I could not find any info in the help but have often overlooked it.

Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Ken, have you upgraded to the XP version of Mill Professional yet? This is not to be confused with the upgrade to Mill Expert.
    I am not aware if there is a charge for this "straight across upgrade" or not, but it would hopefully put us all into a similar code base.

Anyway, check in your NC setup and see if there is an option under coordinates for scaling. I know XPert has this, but I don't have the older Mill Professional on here any more, but I am pretty certain it had the same sort of provision.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased the XP professional package not the XP Expert.
    I will look into the NC setup and see what I can find.

Thanks again, Hu

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Scaling?

Originally posted by Ken
    Say I have a full size drawing and want to scale it down for machining does OneCNCXP provide for this?
    [/B]
    Hi Ken,
    I'm not shure to get you right.

What about:
    mark it all
    call the move-function
    put your scale in the box
    move all inremental 0

am i wrong?

please don't complain for mistakes, i'm a german chipmaker.

Kingkong

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Kingkong;
    You were not wrong here, appears to work perfectly.

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Scaling

Sorry guys I'm having a hard time with the forum this morning. It is way slooow.

Ken,
    Both Hu and Kingkong are right on the money, so it depends on what you want to do and then you can chose how to go about it.

If you want to scale the drawing before you write your code, then as Kingkong suggests "select all" then "translate" then check the scale box and enter your scale, up or down, and then select "increment" and put zero in the boxes. Bam your done.

If you want to machine a scaled model without altering your original model you can set your scale in the machine configuration as Hu has suggested.
    So to do this go through the normal steps,Tool wizards ect., to write your machine code, then when you go to post your code, click the setup button and then the cordinate tab, at the bottom of the page is the scaling factors. Alter these to fit your needs and then post your code. Don't forget to set them back to 1 or next time you make tool paths of the wrong size.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)