Opinions of ONECNC

Thread: Opinions of ONECNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Opinions of ONECNC

Post up your opinions of ONECNC versus the software you previously used. Please list details as to why you do or dont like it as well as what you were using before. Doing research for my company and need real world data. Thanks guys and gals!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Opinions of ONECNC

I used bobcad 17 for years to draw and then finger cam , have used gibbs and mastercam and well there nice the learning curve is big and if you don`t use it for a few days or weeks your not going to like it ,,, I got onecnc a few years ago for fixture work in that I still like finger cam for my parts ,,, but I have found onecnc to be VARY fast to learn and easy to work with ,,, I went from loading the software to making parts in the same day ,,,

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DALACHEAX1 View Post
    Post up your opinions of ONECNC versus the software you previously used. Please list details as to why you do or dont like it as well as what you were using before. Doing research for my company and need real world data. Thanks guys and gals!
    I hadn't adopted any CAM before OneCNC but I auditioned a few systems including BobCAM, VisualMill, MasterCAM, SurfCAM, DolphinCAM, and I found the wizard-based interface to be the easiest to use. I did my own test of trying out all other software, and attempt to program a toolpath without reading any instructions. OneCNC won out, with VisualMill and SurfCAM second. This was a few years ago, so maybe the other CAM interfaces have improved. MasterCAM and SurfCAM were out of my price range. ViaualMill gives you a lot for your money but no high speed toolpaths. Haggling with BobCAM was not a pleasurable experience. The Expert level of OneCNC has an amazing amount of toolpath strategies, including high speed (which is in all levels), and pretty good CAD as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Opinions of ONECNC

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    I hadn't adopted any CAM before OneCNC but I auditioned a few systems including BobCAM, VisualMill, MasterCAM, SurfCAM, DolphinCAM, and I found the wizard-based interface to be the easiest to use. I did my own test of trying out all other software, and attempt to program a toolpath without reading any instructions. OneCNC won out, with VisualMill and SurfCAM second. This was a few years ago, so maybe the other CAM interfaces have improved. MasterCAM and SurfCAM were out of my price range. ViaualMill gives you a lot for your money but no high speed toolpaths. Haggling with BobCAM was not a pleasurable experience. The Expert level of OneCNC has an amazing amount of toolpath strategies, including high speed (which is in all levels), and pretty good CAD as well.
    I should add that I had recently upgraded from XR4 to XR7.... a huge leap, but so far very happy. The CAD side is so much easier, and looking forward to trying out some of the newer toolpaths and utilizing ActiveCut!