Need Help! How to program for Air spindle

Thread: How to program for Air spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Question How to program for Air spindle

Hi ,
    Im trying to run a program where I'm using a high speed air spindle as the cutter. I have set the spindle speed in the program to 0 as the actual spindle housing must remain stationary.
    Im using a HAAS mini mill and an error 331 is coming up, which states that a numerical input is too high. Has any one had this problem and what did you do to overcome this. Much appreciate your help.
    Ollie

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to program for Air spindle

Hello Ollie,
    My guess is that you have to have sometype of spindle speed programmed. If it doesn't effect, your air spindle set up, programmed a minumum speed in your code(i.e., S1 M03), then try. If that's too low then program a higher speed then, use the feed overides down to 5%. Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhe View Post
    Hello Ollie,
    My guess is that you have to have sometype of spindle speed programmed. If it doesn't effect, your air spindle set up, programmed a minumum speed in your code(i.e., S1 M03), then try. If that's too low then program a higher speed then, use the feed overides down to 5%. Hope this helps
    Hi mtlhe,
    Thanks for your reply. I found out that when writing the program in ONE CNC you have to give the spindle a speed above 50 for their to be no errors at the machine then you edit the program at the machine and remove the M03 bit of code and hey presto the program runs and the spindle remains stationary.

Thanks for you reply and I hope this can help someone else and prevent them from banging their head off the machine for an hour...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCOllie View Post
    Hi ,
    Im trying to run a program where I'm using a high speed air spindle as the cutter. I have set the spindle speed in the program to 0 as the actual spindle housing must remain stationary.
    Im using a HAAS mini mill and an error 331 is coming up, which states that a numerical input is too high. Has any one had this problem and what did you do to overcome this. Much appreciate your help.
    Ollie
    Just leave the spindle speed out altogether M3 etc is not needed to make it run in the X Y Z axes

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Just leave the spindle speed out altogether M3 etc is not needed to make it run in the X Y Z axes
    Thanks Mactec. You are 100%correct as I found out yesterday, I just had to remove the M03 part and away she ran like a dream. Thanks for the suggestion and help.