New idea!

Thread: New idea!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New idea!

First, I want to thank those who took the time and helped me out on my last ordeal, without their persistance, I might have given up on this, so onto bigger and better things to make.
    I have included a picture on my next part, that I have written by hand, and works just fine, but would like to machine this using my new CAD/CAM program.
    There are 3 steps to this, first is the small groove on both ends of the part, then there is the 2 small cutouts, and I also would like to machine the part to a final size.
    The part I am having trouble with, is how do I tell the program which step to start with and then move onto the next one, and so on.
    As always,
    Thanks for the help,
    Smitty

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New idea!-axle-picture-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Smitty,

In Onecnc lathe, what you'll do is simply create the nc code in the order in which you wish to have the final program run.

In general terms, this means do all the operations you have outlined, and the nc code will be created.

You will want to customize the tool change info, and the tool change numbers (even if you don't use an automated tool changer), so that you get the correct code output at the end of each step, and the beginning of the next one.

Tell me that you understand and use tool offsets, and a G92 relative home position

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Smitty,

You just select the contor that you want to machine.

So select groove operation. Then as below you will see that if you select only the first groove,( from the start of the groove contor to the end of the groove contor), then go all the way thru the tool wizard it will write code for that groove only.

Then you can select the next groove. Then select your cut outs and so on.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New idea!-groove-png  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I think I just might understand thins one! I will post later what I get.
    Smitty