Remove inner surface function

Thread: Remove inner surface function

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Remove inner surface function

One of the only faults I find with OneCNC is that it's help files do an excellent job of helping you use a function but rarely a word on why or perhaps in what way it's functions may be useful.

Which brings me to my question, why is there a "Remove inner surface function" ? or when might it be useful?

Thanks
    Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Remove inner surfaces

Ken,
    Remove inner surfaces is handy when you have merged two or more solids together and you want to "clean up" the surfaces that might be now on the inside.

In the photo below you will see that it shows 4 blocks that were merged together. The end faces are the blue surfaces. To clean up the drawing you would use remove inner surfaces. This clears out the surface on the inside of a water tight model. The are just remnants from the combined parts.

This is only an example but there will be times when you merge say a cylinder to a square and want to get rid of the stuff inside the combined solid.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove inner surface function-tn_screenshot33-jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Makes sense now that you have explained it. What I was not understanding was that the blue lines were 4 blocks that were merged.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I feel much the same as you, Ken. They should rename Help to "Helptease", because they almost get to the place where you get to look at what you really want to see

But, the Help is usually a bit behind the program features by one generation, too.

Picking up the knack of doing things is exactly the reason for having a forum for discussions, IMO. Forums are invaluable, at least as important as a help file for the program features to truly blossom out for the maximum number of users.

Just one hint a day, adds up to a lot of technique after a while.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I could not agree more Hu, Forums, Particularly the members of CNCzone have been quite frankly everything in regards to what I have learned to date. Not just my own questions but also from all the other input. Support at OneCNC has been top notch but one feels a bit rushed and it is not like typing where you can take as much time as you need to phrase a question nor can you learn from the person that just hung up with them.

Ken