Problem Couple of issues with new OMNI 1212

Thread: Couple of issues with new OMNI 1212

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Couple of issues with new OMNI 1212

Hello,

I just received a new omni 1212, first I must say that the machine is well made, to specs, and came in good packaging.

I might stumble on more issues as I start using it but for now I have 2.

1-The water cooled spindle is fully blocked, no water or air will pass through the cooling system. The pump is working and the tubes are clear. I am pretty sure I tested that correctly. It's not like the flow is restricted or weak, there is no flow at all not even air will pass, basically it is air and water tight.

Some response from someone at OMNI, Jack maybe would be ver appreciated.

2- This one is probably due to me being a newbie, I am not sure if I am using the right post processor. I use Rhino and RhinoCam and post the g-code using Mach3MM in the drop down menu. A simple square profiling operation seems to be executed properly in X and Y but the Z is alway about an inch above the workpiece. I load the g-code into the hand held controller from a USB pen drive, The computer is not connected to the machine.

I have printed the hand held controller manual and read it thoroughly but didn't find anything to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any inputs. I am so impatient to get to work.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Couple of issues with new OMNI 1212

Ok so, the clogged spindle cooling problem will have to wait, Jack from OMNI told me that they are in holidays until the 23rd.

The other problem, having the cut happening an inch above the workpiece, is kinda solved. Looks like the touchdown tool is wrongly configured. If I set the Z origin manually and by eye it all works fine.

If anybody has an idea on what's going on with the touchdown tool or how to configure it I'm all ears...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wao View Post
    Hello,

I just received a new omni 1212, first I must say that the machine is well made, to specs, and came in good packaging.

I might stumble on more issues as I start using it but for now I have 2.

1-The water cooled spindle is fully blocked, no water or air will pass through the cooling system. The pump is working and the tubes are clear. I am pretty sure I tested that correctly. It's not like the flow is restricted or weak, there is no flow at all not even air will pass, basically it is air and water tight.

Some response from someone at OMNI, Jack maybe would be ver appreciated.

2- This one is probably due to me being a newbie, I am not sure if I am using the right post processor. I use Rhino and RhinoCam and post the g-code using Mach3MM in the drop down menu. A simple square profiling operation seems to be executed properly in X and Y but the Z is alway about an inch above the workpiece. I load the g-code into the hand held controller from a USB pen drive, The computer is not connected to the machine.

I have printed the hand held controller manual and read it thoroughly but didn't find anything to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any inputs. I am so impatient to get to work.

Hi

Omni support here,we Just be back to work from china traditional holidays,maybe reply you late

About the machine issues you concerned,pls check my below answers:

1.Water cooled spindle
    I think the spindle maybe some place was blocked,you can use the air to blow the one side of the red water-in pipe(there is no sequence of the water-in pipe),check if another side air could come out.

If the air can't come out,you need to drag one pipe out which is on the spindle,and then use air to test see if the spindle inside was blocked or only the pipe was blocked

If the aircooled spindle was blocked,we can send you new one as repaced if machine still in one year guarantee.

2.Vacuum pump

Could you please send me the test video links of the vacuum pump and send into my support email(support@omni-cnc.com),then I can tell you which parts go wrong or too weak to hold the table

3.Mach3?

Waht's your machine control systems?Could you please send me your machine configurations into my support email?

I am not sure what you said about the machine where go wrong,it would be much better you send me a machine go wrong videos and send into my email

Albert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Albert, thank you for your response.

1- So the first problem is the 3.2KW WATER COOLED SPINDLE. The water is not going through it. The water pump is working and the red pipes are clear. I have tried to blow air through the spindle with a compressor but nothing go through. I have tried in both directions. It is 100% blocked.

2- (SOLVED) The post-processor problem I have already solved. It works fine with Mach3 post-processor.

3- When I use the touch-down tool to set Z-origin the machine operates about an inch above where it is supposed to. If I set Z-origin manually and by eye it works fine. So may be the touch-down tool is faulty or there is a way to configure it properly.

Let me know how to go from here, thank you in advance Albert.

Otherwise I want to say that the machine is really well made and precise, amazing deal at this price.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Albert, I do not have a vacuum pump problem because I don't have a vacuum bed, just T-slot. So don't worry about that.

I just need:

1- A new 3.2KW water cooled spindle that is not blocked
    2- Understand why the touch-down tool is setting the Z-origin 25mm too high every time.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wao View Post
    Albert, I do not have a vacuum pump problem because I don't have a vacuum bed, just T-slot. So don't worry about that.

I just need:

1- A new 3.2KW water cooled spindle that is not blocked
    2- Understand why the touch-down tool is setting the Z-origin 25mm too high every time.

Thanks
    Hi

About the new 3.2kw watercooled spindle please talk with our sales who you dealed with in our company to buy or send you a new one for free if it is still in one year guarantee.

If you stil have more questions about the 1212 machine questions,please do send me into my email ID support@omni-cnc.com

Whatsapp:+8618364133900

Albert