Need Help! Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controller

Thread: Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controller

Hi
    I am seeking advice on speeding up the tool change operation which although very reliable takes a long time and ultimately slows down the machining time. The delays in the tool change seem far too long and I wondered if anyone had experience of adjusting which I am sure are just parameters?

Thanks in anticipation.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controll

It shouldn't be a parameter, it should be a macro. Once you find the macro, then it's just a matter of reducing the pause time or whatever is slowing it down.

The macro should just be gcode but in absolute positions. I'll try and take a look later at mine.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controll

Cheers mate !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah mine is in t0000 macro.

The file doesn't read totally like gcode and you may be right about a parameter. The comments in mine were all in Chinese, which I google translated line by line (previously). I see what looks to be a variable or function "wait()" that might be a parameter or might just be a default. My doesn't overly delay (just a short delay at multiple points but it's a ride along).

Of course these would be programmed by the machine builder not syntec so they may differ from machine to machine.

Let us know how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham

Yes I had a look at the Macro after you mentioned it earlier and yes there's a lot of Chinese text in there, bad in enough it was English .
    My attention also focused on the "Wait ()" command but cant see how it links to a variable or parameter.

The tool change on my machine, although I haven't timed it I guess takes at least a minute which is compounded by all the delays which seem totally unnecessary.

Thanks anyway, will publish anything I learn in the meantime.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djcregan View Post
    Hi Graham

Yes I had a look at the Macro after you mentioned it earlier and yes there's a lot of Chinese text in there, bad in enough it was English .
    My attention also focused on the "Wait ()" command but cant see how it links to a variable or parameter.

The tool change on my machine, although I haven't timed it I guess takes at least a minute which is compounded by all the delays which seem totally unnecessary.

Thanks anyway, will publish anything I learn in the meantime.
    Wow, a minute is long. How much of that is movement vs true delay (not moving). How long does it stop at any one point?

Downloads
    Uploads

I reckon 50% . Tell you what. I will video it in the morning and send / post the result.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah - mine is about 12 seconds when not in a program (MDI). In a program from cutting to cutting it's about 30 seconds. In theory yours should be able to move to the rack while the spindle is stopping (but I suspect it doesn't) but it would still have more points to pause.

The real question is it worth the work for the 10 seconds you might gain. You might be better off just ramping up the jog speed a little.

Its used to bug me at times on my old machine with a side linear as it would hold for 3 (or maybe 5) seconds above the tool before plunging to pick it up but those 3 seconds occasionally saved me when I realized I had programmed the wrong tool holder at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting point you've raised there. Is a few minutes in a day that important, maybe not. I will record the time anyway. May ask Omni for comment as I'm currently looking at purchasing another machine, size 1530.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djcregan View Post
    Interesting point you've raised there. Is a few minutes in a day that important, maybe not. I will record the time anyway. May ask Omni for comment as I'm currently looking at purchasing another machine, size 1530.

I was right it takes around 70 seconds for a tool change. Can't upload the video

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    Wow, a minute is long. How much of that is movement vs true delay (not moving). How long does it stop at any one point?

Here is the video

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, that's nuts but I can see why.

I'm not sure why it takes 11 seconds to start moving. Presumably that is spindle de- acceleration. That you might be able to change in parameters.

The other thing is that, because your gantry is super high, it's got a lot of travel so as to make sure it's above anything it might hit (as its not taking that safe z height from the program it seems)

You may be able to change that height but it's probably not the best idea in case you need the clearance one day. My linear would have been similar, going up to a high height (but my tools dropped into the tool holder slots from above so it didn't need the front back move.

The fastest way to have some results might be to crank up your z speed, not sure if that would be in the macro or via jog speed, and then maybe the spindle acc/deacc rates.

The actual tool change part isn't too bad, it's the getting there and the height/speed of the retract and return that's killing you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Graham
    I think you on the right path. Spoke to Omni today and they said I could change parameter 2823, which is the z axis 3rd reference I think ?
    Mine is set at 0 so maybe I Could change that so the travel is less.
    Yes my machine has a tall z axis, never asked for it but find it really useful.

I think it's the "wait" between each instruction that killing me, everything else is no big deal, retract / jog speed.

It's the fact that when it finishes cutting it sits there for an age, at least 10 second and then when its picked up the next tool there's a big delay again.

Get rid of those two issues and maybe look at the 2823 parameter and we may be near to your 30 seconds.

Many thanks again Graham.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELLO FRIENDS.
    SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME
    I HAVE A 1325 OMNI ROUTER.
    I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE AXES.
    PARAMETERS ARE SOMETHING ABNORMAL.
    SOMEONE COULD HELP ME GET THEM?
    OR IF SOMEONE HAS ANY CONTACT FROM AN OMNI TECHNICIAN?

ADD A PHOTO OF THE MACHINE DATA.
    HELLO FRIENDS.SOMEONE WOULD HELP MEI HAVE A 1325 OMNI ROUTER.I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE AXES.PARAMETERS ARE SOMETHING ABNORMAL.SOMEONE COULD HELP ME GET THEM?OR IF SOMEONE HAS ANY CONTACT FROM AN OMNI TECHNICIAN?ADD A PHOTO OF THE MACHINE DATA.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advise on Tool change customization Omni 1325 Linear ATC with Syntec 6MD controller-img_5563-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

djcregan,
    Did you get your toolchanges to speed up..?
    what did you do?
    was it a parameter?
    or was it in the macro?

The "wait ()" command means "wait till the move/code/action you just requested is completed before moving to the next code/line"
    Does that make sence?