OMNI Owners...???

Thread: OMNI Owners...???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default OMNI Owners...???

Hello to everyone.

I have never owned a CNC so any advice is appreciated. I am discussing a couple (3-axis1325 ATC or 4-axis ATC) different configured CNC's with Allen Zhang from OMNI. I would like to hear the opinions of OMNI CNC owner as well as anyone that wants to give an opinion.

1) Can you please tell me which controller you are running Mach3 or Syntec and why you choose that controller and do you like it?

2) Will Mach3 work with Yaskawa AC Servos?

3) Are you running Steppers or Servos?

4) What model, HP, voltage, and phase spindle are you running and why you choose it?

5) On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, how would you rate the fit and finish of your OMNI CNC?

6) On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, how would you rate the construction, assembly, wiring, labeling, etc of your OMNI CNC?

7) I would really like to ask if you would be willing to PM me with the exact configuration of your OMNI CNC and any extras/accessories that you purchased with it as well as what it cost? I'm seeing some major price differences in several places for OMNI CNC Routers?

8) Lastly, I have never purchased internationally and had to deal with FOB or CIF shipping, so anyone that can help me understand them and which is better for and to protect me, please tell me?

Thank you all for your time and responses.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OMNI Owners...???

See my thread for a lot of the details you are looking for. Sort of hard to say 1-10 on fit and finish without accounting for expectations. Compared to a high end production cnc, I'd say build and wiring in the 6-7 range, but a perfectly fine cnc router parts kit might only score a 3-4 on build and up to a 7 on wiring (but that's the diy part).

I have the syntec and it's fine. I am not a mach 3 fan, so I would have looked at another controller if it came to that. In between is the dsp controllers.

You've got quite a range between a mach 3 1325 and a syntec 4 axis atc so I'd decide what you need first with the caveat that an atc is really the new standard for most business machines and will help resale (or complicate it if it's not working!).

For the most part everyone is happy with the builds, syntec is serviceable, wiring satisfaction seems to depend a lot on expectations.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

I recently purchased an Omni cnc; you really have to consider customer support....it's non existent.
    They will not send you much detailed documentation so with anything technical you will be on your own. If you ask for help it's frustrating; they just seem to want to get out of doing anything, it takes too long and they don't seem to accept there are problems sometimes.

Certain parts of my machine were fine but other areas will need me to retrofit other parts to overcome small issues I have with vibration etc.

Machine build 7/10
    Wiring 8/10 (my machine was not grounded and the electronics are noisy, caps installed to quieten it down)
    Components such as cards, 7/10
    Documentation 1/10
    Customer support 2/10

Value for money 9/10

I have managed to get around a few issues with the machine, none of them big. but if I was considering to spend the kind of money you may be looking at....I'd be seriously be weighing up a domestic alternative. If you're spending 40-60k USD then the machine needs support....you wont get that from china.....I lived there for 8 years so have a general idea of their approach to sales, hence my decision not to buy from china again...and I only spent a few thousand on mine.

Seriously look at all the alternatives before you commit a large amount of money into something that may not be what you expect.

good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is appreciated for purchasing OMNI product and thanks for your trust. And it is pity that you were not very satisfied with OMNI service.
    Here is the situation explanation:
    In the process of machine working, there is question from you about the spindle rotating speed, omni after sales engineer communicated with you with videos and images for several times, was replied that is inconvenient and time wasting. Actually, it is just about inverter several parameters adjustment. Well, considering the customer afersales experience, we offered a brand new inverter with all parameters set up done. But after this, even our sales engineer contact you again, no reply from you anymore.
    About the MACH3 card and hanwheel, we will feedback it the technician, solve it asap. The standard z travelling size is 160mm for 1212 cnc router, customized z axis size is 300mm, which may cause vibrication, which will also be feedback to technician, will be solved soon.
    May it is occasionally that after sales service is not in time, or the communication is not very smoothly sometimes, we express our apologize to you. The inverter warranty is 2 years, in 2 years, if there is problem, you could reach us about inverter anytime. And the after sales service is life long, anytime you could contact us for machine.

Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    sales@omni-cnc.com, Skype: omni-cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overall I am happy with the machine. I have purchased addition XHC products that don't seem compatible with each other.
    I am in the process of abandoning Mach3 & all the XHC products in the cnc and will go over to UCCNC as the trajectory planning and motor management is much better and vibration is reduced significantly.

The machine build is solid and everything mechanical is ok. The new VFD works perfectly.

Dont forget it was pressure from my side that finally got you to send a new VFD; you should not treat customers as if they have no knowledge when dealing with cncs. You sent me NO videos...I was sending YOU videos and pictures...get your facts right.
    I would have been so much happier if you would have accepted my video and documentary evidence at face value; i had isolated the problem with the cnc almost immediately & proved it to be correct; offering me aternaltive explanations to remedy the issues day after day is not the way to do it....especially after I had proved beyond a shadow of a doubt where the issues were.

For the price it is a good cnc...as you can see 9/10.

Customer service is where several issues are; when you quote a couple of weeks to ship and it takes 2 months....just say so, it's not a problem. If a client says theres a problem and provides concrete evidence of it...believe them. I know you will have pressure from your boss to find out exactly if something is really wrong...but after spending several thousand dollars and waiting a couple of months for a machine, most people dont want to mess around putting a machine on hold just over a small item such as a VFD. BUT with a new machine there is a very high expectation is some customer support etc....which eventually you did. We could have reduced the wasted timke down to a few days rather than a few weeks...something to learn there ;-)

The machine was very well packed and arrived in pristine condition.

I understand this is an economy machine and for the money it's good; for my personal taste I will modify it to suit my needs.

Now the machine is up and running and been in production for a few months I'm happy to say I would more than likely eat my words and buy from Omni again; the cnc itself is solid and reliable (which is what I wanted)...a few mods to suit me have been applied.......the rest is just human interaction which is 'easily' resolved. Omni are safer bet than some of the other manufacturers out there...do your research though.

Quote Originally Posted by omnicnc View Post
    It is appreciated for purchasing OMNI product and thanks for your trust. And it is pity that you were not very satisfied with OMNI service.
    Here is the situation explanation:
    In the process of machine working, there is question from you about the spindle rotating speed, omni after sales engineer communicated with you with videos and images for several times, was replied that is inconvenient and time wasting. Actually, it is just about inverter several parameters adjustment. Well, considering the customer afersales experience, we offered a brand new inverter with all parameters set up done. But after this, even our sales engineer contact you again, no reply from you anymore.
    About the MACH3 card and hanwheel, we will feedback it the technician, solve it asap. The standard z travelling size is 160mm for 1212 cnc router, customized z axis size is 300mm, which may cause vibrication, which will also be feedback to technician, will be solved soon.
    May it is occasionally that after sales service is not in time, or the communication is not very smoothly sometimes, we express our apologize to you. The inverter warranty is 2 years, in 2 years, if there is problem, you could reach us about inverter anytime. And the after sales service is life long, anytime you could contact us for machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am disgusted with Omni, They frauded me out of over $3500 in padded shipping costs. I purchased 3 machines totally 25k, I also ordered replacement pars with the original order and none of the replacement parts were shipped. There customer service has been terrible. The machines have no grounding and absolutely are not UL or CE compliant.

I have been doing business in china regularly sourcing millions in custom manufactured parts for 11 years and never once have I had a result like this.

I have not hooked up the machines as I am not done with my building TI yet but I imagine I will convert them to Mach pretty quickly so I don't have to worry about their tech support.

I am sorry for your unhappiness with OMNI. But we believe that you have some misunderstanding on OMNI.

1st, regarding shipping freight, 2 reasons for its rise.on one hand, It is the season of China Spring Festival, most of shipping freight rise a lot at this period every year, we could not control it. On the other hand, after machine wood packing, 3 machine size are bigger than before, We are sorry for this small error calculation on 3 machines’ packing size before.

2nd, regarding extra replacements parts, we are sorry for these parts leaved behind machines.
    But after that we have shipped all of these parts to you once more.Unfortunately, I heard from the forwarder that you abandoned these replacements parts because of high customs duties. We do not know how many the US customs charged you, but it is a pity that we can’t reduce this US customs duty by our own. But we did ship all these parts to you.

3rd, if you have any machine questions, please contact with our after-sales department: support@omni-cnc.com .

4th, we know you maybe not satisfied with OMNI for this time, but we do not know why you said machine has no grounding, Every machine from OMNI has grounding,and your machine has no exception . We took your machine pics before delivery, the pics include grounding. Besides, our machines have CE, ISO certificates and parts have UL. Clients can refer into our company website for our machine certificate:
    Certificates and Quality Policy | OMNICNC