Another Omni 1325 order

Thread: Another Omni 1325 order

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Omni 1325 order

After seeing quite a few positive reviews of Omni, on Oct 20 (two months ago) I pulled the trigger on my order. It's a pretty basic machine, but will be a great addition to my shop. I already have another CNC mill that uses MACH3, so I went with that option to keep my tool-chain consistent. I've received several build updates so far but I'm still waiting on a video showing a complete but basic list of items. I'm anxious to get it shipped soon. I'll update this thread as the order progresses. -Zach

Machine type: OR 1325
    X,Y,Z working area: 1300*2500*200mm
    Spindle: 3kw watercooling spindle, 24,000RPM
    Motor and drive: Stepper motor, Yako drives
    Control system: Mach3 control system
    Inverter: Fuling frequency inverter
    Oil lubrication: manual lubrication system
    Tool sensor: Manual tool calibration
    Machine frame: T type Thickened steel gantry with steel square tubes frame
    X, Y, Z structure: Rack and pinion drive, Taiwan Hiwin square rails, Taiwan TBI ballscrew
    Software: Ucancam standard version(with dongle), Command language: G code
    X, Y, Z Travelling Potioning Accuracy: ±0.02/300mm
    X, Y, Z Travelling Repositioning Accuracy: ±0.02mm
    Machine table: PVC combined Aluminum T -slot extrusion table(with water tank)
    Working voltage: AC220V, 50Hz, single phase
    20Cut tools,4Collets,8Clamps,2Spanners,Brush,Power Cord,4 machine feet, 2 water pumps
    Emergency stop and Switch: Japan Omron emergency stop and SCHNEIDER switch
    Packing : 3200*2150*1800mm( Free-fumigation wooden case), Gross weight: 1,650KGS

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Omni 1325 order

Another week has gone by and I had one set of email exchanges with Omni. They finally sent me a video showing the machine operating (with my name on the machine). However, during the homing process, I noticed that it looked and sounded like the machine hit a hard mechanical stop before triggering the limit switch. When I mentioned this in a reply, I got this response:
    "Dear Zach, Thank you for reply, this is the difference between stepper motor and servo motor, if we use servo motor, this matter never happen."

This response doesn't jive with my experience. I have built several machines that use Mach3 with both steppers and servo drives and I've never hit the hard stops when the limit switches were configured properly. The limit switches always trigger first and stop any motion. It is my understanding that as far as Mach3 is concerned, it is just sending step and direction pulses to the motor drives, regardless if they are stepper or servo, and waiting for the homing sensor to trigger. Does Omni's response make sense to anyone else?

I asked them to please correct this issue and send me a new video, but it's been three days and no response. I am getting a bit nervous and impatient as the initial quote said the router would ship within 15 days and we are now well over two months.

Oh, and for those that care, here's a link to the video they sent. There is a lot of factory noise in the background, so you might want to turn down your volume...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I received an updated video where it appears they have fixed the homing issue. I'm hoping my router ships out soon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Received a copy of the bill of lading this morning and promptly sent final payment. Fingers crossed for a quick and uneventful sail across the ocean.

Downloads
    Uploads

iv,e been looking at a 1325 also,,,,,would love to here your review of the machine when you get it "hopefully soon"
    .also did you pay in installments or all at once, as you mentioned a final payment....was there a paymenyt protection of any kind....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I could probably write a book about dealing with shippers, customs, freight forwarders, logistics companies, machinery moving companies... but I'll save that for another time. The good news is my machine made it to my shop!!! It came very well packed, no initial signs of damage. I haven't unwrapped in completely because it's still on the back of a flatbed trailer. I plan to rent a big forklift next week to move it into place. I'll post pictures of the process.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got mine Sept 1 and should have got one 15 years ago I am a one man shop in Oklahoma and it cuts just great could use some more vacuum. I am using it for cabinet parts and corian.
    I used a 5000lb forklift with ext forks.

Bill
    Precision Custom Cabinets

Downloads
    Uploads

The day the parts are held on my magic is the day I'll stop wanting more vacuum .

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's alive! Got the machine up and running. Everything seems to be in working order. It took a little tweaking in Mach3 to switch from mm to inches, but initial test cuts (just in MDF) look very precise. The spindle is very quiet. I do wish the water pump for the spindle was wired into the system so it stopped and started when the machine was powered up/down. I'll probably make that modification. I also need to figure out the right way to install the leveling feet (like most of the machine, there is no documentation). All in all, I'm happy with my purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking forward to your updating, friend

-------------Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am disgusted with Omni, They frauded me out of over $3500 in padded shipping costs. I purchased 3 machines totally 25k, I also ordered replacement pars with the original order and none of the replacement parts were shipped. There customer service has been terrible. The machines have no grounding and absolutely are not UL or CE compliant.

I have been doing business in china regularly sourcing millions in custom manufactured parts for 11 years and never once have I had a result like this.

I have not hooked up the machines as I am not done with my building TI yet but I imagine I will convert them to Mach pretty quickly so I don't have to worry about their tech support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Insightmfgsys - Sorry you had a bad experience. Not exactly sure why you are posting this on my thread, but I guess you're just trying to spread the word about your experience. Overall I'm pretty happy with my machine. Yes, it took way longer for them to ship my unit (but I figured this would happen based on the other threads I read), shipping was a pain and there were quite a few fees that popped up that I didn't know about. The last one was mostly due to my ignorance in importing a large piece of equipment. I knew things like grounding were going to need to be added, but that's really not a big deal for me (I'm an electrical engineer). The only thing that didn't work well was the small water pump they provided for my spindle. Overall, I still think I got a great deal and would recommend Omni, just with a few caveats.

-Zach

Downloads
    Uploads

after getting info from both omni and stepmores i went with a stepmores 1530 router which i had delivered 1 week ago....dealing with stepmores was a pleasure from start to finish and i am impressed with the machine,, it is working very smooth,,,mach 3 control,,,1500*3000 vacum bed,,,,4.5kw air cooled spindle,,,,,,,,,,also the logistics company in the south of england " who were fantastic" took care of everything from start to finish,,,import duty,, vat ,,delivery,,ect...........all in all a good experience