OMNI 1325 just ordered - Purchasing experience live thread

Thread: OMNI 1325 just ordered - Purchasing experience live thread

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default OMNI 1325 just ordered - Purchasing experience live thread

Hi,

I have just pressed the "accept" button to place a 30% deposit for a new OMNI 1325, I will be explaining my purchasing experience, reading how it was for others has helped me a lot so I thought that I should share my experience too.

Some time ago I purchased a cnc router from a small local provider and it was trash with lousy technical support, at the same time I purchased a chinese CO2 laser cutting machine that has been doing very well and the support has been very decent. Taking economics into account I considered that purchasing a chinese cnc router was my best option.

There seem to be endless cnc router chinese manufacturers, and despite all the time that I have been investigating about this issue I am sure I have missed many companies to take into account, It would have been great to find a unified list comparing them, anyway I have finally placed my money on OMNI.

For now I will just list the specs of the machine. Wish me luck.

Model: OMNI 1325
    Working volume: 1300x2500x200mm
    Spindle: HQD GDF60-18Z/4.5 - 4.5kw HQD spindle(18000rpm)
    XY structure: Rack and pinion drive, Hiwin square rail linear bearing 20mm
    Z axis tructure: Taiwan TBI ball screw
    X axis motor: Yaskawa Servo Motor SGM7G-09AFC6C
    Y axis motor: 2 sets of Yaskawa Servo Motor SGM7G-09AFC6C
    Z axis motor: Yaskawa Servo Motor SGM7G-09AFC61
    XYZ driver: Yaskawa SGD7S-7R6A00A002
    Max Rapid working Rate: 25000 mm/min
    Working voltage: AC220 50Hz SINGLE PHASE
    Limit stop: Electronic limit stop and hard limit stop
    Switches: OMRON
    Electronic Components: Schneider
    Table: Tslot table + Vacuum table +
    Dust Hood: Automatic. Round type
    Tool sensor: Manual
    Oil lubrication system: Manual
    Command code: G-code
    Control: English computer + Windows + Mach3 + Control system cabinet
    Software: ArtcamPro 9.1
    Vacuum system: 2 sets of JQT2200C (2.2kW Jinan Golden Bridge) 220V 50Hz SINGLE PHASE
    Dust collector system: 3kW dust collector system. 220V 50Hz SINGLE PHASE
    Packing dimensions: 3200x2000x1800mm
    Packing weight: 2200kg
    Incoterm: CIF BARCELONA
    Shipping type: LCL
    Documents: CE Marking + CE Declaration of conformity + user manual
    Spare parts: 20 cutting tools, 4 collets, 8 clamps, 6 spanner, 1 brush, 20m sealing strip, 1 software cd, 4 machine feet.
    Delivery time: 30 Working days
    Terms: TT (30% in advance, the rest after working proofs)

My sales agent has been Clara from Omni.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OMNI 1325 just ordered - Purchasing experience live thread

I've had a 1325 with Linear ATC for over a year now. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Adbaco, Just checking in to see how your cnc is doing and your thoughts on OMNI.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This time ended up being not that "live", however I think that it is time for an update.
    So I placed my order on November 2016 and I received it in my workshop on March 2017, this seems a long time but suited my scheduling to to able to have my workshop ready, I suppose that shorter lead times are achievable.
    Before the machine left OMNI I got some working videos proving that the machine worked properly, I also asked for specific videos proving details that were important to me. I also got videos from the packing operations.
    Given that I purchased the machine FOB I hired a customs agent to deal with the importing operations and the shipping to my workshop, everything turned out fine, except for a small overcharge for leaving the machine in the port for too many days.
    Here is a time lapse of us unpacking the machine:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BRdU419j...n-by=ingenerum
    I hired an electrician to make sure that all the electrical protections were correctly sized and to install two additional buttons on the cabinet to be able to operate the suction bed. I should have installed another button to operate the dust collector, I will have to do it in the future. I think that this is something that OMNI would do if they were asked to do so, despite they normally do not even open these additional machines when they get them from their providers.
    Here are some videos of our machine working:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXNWVVj...n-by=ingenerum
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYThvqH...n-by=ingenerum

One day the machine stopped working abruptly. PANIC. After some days talking with the technical department of OMNI we ended up concluding which one of the pieces was not working properly, it was the mach3 controller. Omni sent a new one to us free of charge, the shipping arrived from China to Barcelona in 5 days via DHL. The technical support is by e-mail, and solving problems is a bit slow due to the channel, translation problems and the time differnece, specially when the machine is not working and you are stressed, but I must say that finding the solution by e-mail and sending the parts free of cost without moaning is remarkable.

The machine has worked properly since then, we are still getting used with the machine, getting faster and cleaner cuts every day.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and I would recommend it to anyone intereted in purchasing a cnc router abroad.

I will answer to any further question that you may have.
    Best regards,
    Ad.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I placed my order for a 5x10 atc vacuum table pop up pins 2 vacuum pumps the HSK spindle and a few other modifications after a few weeks it’s been very quiet I too put down 1/3 deposit and will fly to China to check it out before I take delivery. I feel good about the order and understand some of the issues with your machine was the Mach 3 controller I went with the Syntech controller as OMNI recommended it. Will keep you posted as to how everything works out. If I am very impressed I may by a few to resell
    Quote Originally Posted by djcregan View Post
    I've had a 1325 with Linear ATC for over a year now. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk