Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

I don't know how much this will help you, but there are grades of collet and collet nut. The basic level (supplied with mine) are 1 grade above lathe std and are not good for CNC. They are in blue/yellow boxes []spindle tool collet ER25 collet chuck set 16pcs from 1 mm to 16 mm for CNC engraving milling machine spindle motor !-in Tool Holder from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group, whereas the precision set I bought came in yellow plastic tubs []Page Not Found - Banggood.com. On Aliexpress []Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com. So the consumer set will get used on my lathe instead of 5Cs. Top of the line extreme precision (AAA) ER25 collets are $40US a piece for tool room CNC mills.

Collet nuts fall in to the same category, look for a nice ER##-UM nut. Compare photos on Aliexpress. The ones that I bought there were pretty darn good, much better than the supplied units. I bought two very nice packs of 2 []Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com. The packs of 10 were not well finished. Remember they must be balanced for HS use.

Here's a list of collet TIRs. []404 - File or directory not found.

Precisionbits $40, Aliexpress $15

[http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...82cc95efc9cd]/

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick update. Nothing much to report. Cutting well.

Some resonance on the servo I tried to tune once in a while.

Still totally satisfied. It's not 100% but I'd say 95%, and it might only be 95% for any router.

Its nice my old router is nearby, I get to see how much slower it was.

Syntec controller remains quirky but fine (sometimes loses the network and takes a few tries to find it again).

Most recent small issue was a loose sensor on the tool change piston, which stopped everything in mid change. Took a little bit to narrow that down and sort it out.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham. I also get the loss of network sometimes. I've also found the resume program from "x" line number can catch you out. In which case it's possible to restart and confuse the machine as to which took it has in the spindle. This can be disastrous when it goes to s tool holder to put a tool down when there is already a tool in it. Mines the linear ATC and it really does cause damage. Rebbe with this I am TOTALLY satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    Hi All,

OK after lots of questions and poking around here we finally put our money down for a Omni 1530 (really 1631 fingers crossed) ATC router.

I want to document the purchase as best I can to help others. I do not know yet if I will have any pitfalls but if and when I do have them I will try and post them. I will not use this forum to mediate any issues other than as a last venting.

I am going into this knowing:

1) I will get what I pay for. So when I can buy this router at about 1/2 price from a restickered importer then I know that I am in the right range. I have compared suppliers but I have not haggled because if I get a better price I know I will get a worse machine.
    2) I know it will not be ready to go out of the box. hopefully its close but it will not be where I need it to be and I expect I will need to do a fair bit of legwork to get it going properly. This is a given.
    3) I know documentation will be minimal or non existant so I have researched the controls etc before committing. I expect the machine and anything else is a bonus.
    4) I know to ask for pictures, and to be specific.
    5) I know not to pay attention to the posted shipping costs.
    6) I know there are things I don't yet know and I am on the lookout for them as we go through the process.

Anyhow I thought I would start by posting my PO to Omni and their PI back. Mine is relatively detailed, theirs is only somewhat but they should be referring to the same end machine.

I wanted to do this as I really had no idea how to write up a PO for this (really more a detailed spec sheet but anyhow) so this is my go at it. I'm going to reserve a few of the early posts for updates.
    Hi, I'm in the process of buying the 1530 CNC from OMNI and I would like to know about your experience.
    Is the machine working OK?
    What about the shipping, everything went OK?
    Is it easy to unload from a flatbed truck with a 5000 pounds forklift?
    Did you find unexpected fees with the customs broker?
    I'm in Las Vegas, NV, USA

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, working fine. I have had some minor issues but nothing I couldn't figure out (but I've dealt with issues before). Biggest was a drive sprocket breaking. Took a few days to get a new part and have it machined to fit.

Shipping was arranged on our side and went OK. Some hang ups but I don't recall what they were. They is always something. Fees were as expected.

We had a machine mover bring it from a port warehouse to us and position it. They use a hiab truck and machine skates. They were more expensive than I thought but they are guys I trust and do a good fast job. Too bad I told them the wrong spot and then had to move it myself (with jacks and skates) and 6" to the left.

I don't know a 5000lb forklift is enough, I wouldn't risk that myself.

If it has an ATC, get a full set of spare tool holder clips. Those are the one thing I've had to get that would have been better from the start.

Good luck

Overall, it has been good so far. I would buy another if I needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I also bought a 1530 from Omni, I cut mostly aluminum with it no problems at all. Mine has a pneumatic tool change , water cooled spindle . here are some pics when I got it . I just put it on some car skates used my hoist to free up the bottom and skated into were i needed to put itOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-039-jpgOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-042-jpgOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-047-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi gfacer, great thread and awesome detail.

I am currently working on getting an Omni CNC as well. Mine would be a 4-Axis with a fixed 5th axis rotary in rear. I learned a lot from your PO details, and am looking to get a ceramic bearing HSD as well. I'm dealing with Jack, and he seems to be most helpful. Is your spindle ISO-30? I believe I found your HSD spindle spec, and it seems that the ISO 30 only comes with steel bearings. The HSK F63 has ceramic. Feeling a bit nervous dealing with China, and getting honest answers.

http://www.hsdusa.com/bo/allegati/Fi...a_7.5-9_kw.pdf

I chose a linear ATC, as I want to reduce weight on gantry, and reduce complexity of the machine as much as possible. Any tips for me? I might start my own build thread soon.

By the way, my shop is in Richmond BC, and it would help out a great deal if maybe I could take a look at your machine. If possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can find my spindle specs you are doing better than I was! I called (or emailed) hsd in Italy and they looked up the serial number to confirm details. I would think steel are not that bad anyhow, it was more a preference.

Come out if you like, my vacuum pump is blown (again... Buying new this time) until maybe Wednesday but otherwise working fine.

I'm at plasticworks dot ca. Look it up for the Abbotsford address and phone.

Yeah linear for those reasons is good. Mine cantilevers out a fair bit more than I love.

PS yes Iso 30/er32

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

hi all,
    i've just had a 1530 omni atc delivered ( encouraged by various write ups on this forum i went for it :-) ( it arrived a month ago , but it's taken me that long to get an electrician round to connect it up, they kept getting ill !! ).
    Now the fun begins ! i've read through this thread to try and glean any info i can as i try and learn how to use it and i'm sure i'll be back to re read it as i start to understand things a bit more, but in the mean time can anyone here point me in the direction of some post processors for vectric v carve pro? it's got a syntec 6MD controller. I'm still at the scratching my head working out how to turn it on safely stage - havent even tried cutting anything yet - certainly not ATC operations so pardon my incompetence and probably stupid question !

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrack View Post
    hi all,
    i've just had a 1530 omni atc delivered ( encouraged by various write ups on this forum i went for it :-) ( it arrived a month ago , but it's taken me that long to get an electrician round to connect it up, they kept getting ill !! ).
    Now the fun begins ! i've read through this thread to try and glean any info i can as i try and learn how to use it and i'm sure i'll be back to re read it as i start to understand things a bit more, but in the mean time can anyone here point me in the direction of some post processors for vectric v carve pro? it's got a syntec 6MD controller. I'm still at the scratching my head working out how to turn it on safely stage - havent even tried cutting anything yet - certainly not ATC operations so pardon my incompetence and probably stupid question !
    Send me a pm with your email and I can send you the post I use.

Took me 10 min to figure out how to turn it on and another 15 to home it (twist lower Eston and press green button on, then once syntec is finished loading hit home then y, x, z in turn.)

Downloads
    Uploads

So quick feedback, everything still going fine (other than human error). I had the other x motor sprocket fail but it was an easy fix as I had 3 machined when I fixed the other side. I've slowed it down a little and reduced the acceleration as the extra weight of the tool changer was cause ripples on small jogs.

Otherwise, very happy with it.

And certainly have cut a lot more in the past year with it than my old 5x4 cnc.

Hoping to get the auto tool height sensor working one day once I stiffen up the bracket and plane it to match the spindle.

That will make it consistent and usable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that's interesting i'm having trouble with the auto tool sensor too, it goes out of bounds about 50% of the time. generally it does the first rough height sense but then looks like it pulls the tool up too far ( two distinct steps upward - the second moving furtehr than the first ) so when it goes down again more slowly it never reaches the sensing plate. the only way i can get it to work is try again, turn off machine and hope. quite annoying, the tch guy at omni hsa looked at the file that suposedly controlls it and said its fine so i'm at a bit of a loss and have been ignoring it as i don't need to switch tools much yet but its worrying....

gfacer - how did you slow the machine down and reduce acceleration - just in the tool speed parameters in gcade or somewhere more universal to the machine?

So quick feedback, everything still going fine (other than human error). I had the other x motor sprocket fail but it was an easy fix as I had 3 machined when I fixed the other side. I've slowed it down a little and reduced the acceleration as the extra weight of the tool changer was cause ripples on small jogs.

Otherwise, very happy with it.

And certainly have cut a lot more in the past year with it than my old 5x4 cnc.

Hoping to get the auto tool height sensor working one day once I stiffen up the bracket and plane it to match the spindle.

That will make it consistent and usable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had some issues with semi auto tool changing in my small machine....it boiled down to messy macros; it was getting position data from the DRO in mach3....this caused out of position issues when trying to tool set or sometimes after changing tools...often z would not be exactly where it should.
    My machine is a basic 1212, the macros in it were modded from the full auto tool changer routines...way too complicated for what I needed. I tried several times to rewrite it...eventually i had the code redone by someone who knows what they are doing and it works a treat for a simple auto tool change routine ;-) Maybe there is an issue in the code somewhere? Just an idea as I know someone else who had exactly the same issue too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick update.

Everything still working fine. Did take a day to try and get the auto tool height sensor working but ran out of steam before I got it done. Just need to mill a new platform that is at the same plane as the spindle but did not have the right tooling to do it. Added a coolant mister for trying aluminum (worked ok in prelim test) as they were so cheap, I had to try it out.

Still trying to get rid of my little wavy lines when cutting but this is what I consider a 'non commercial issue" for my work. I see it and it annoys me but no customer comments or issues.
    Just bugs me that of all the parameters in the Syntec the only one that seems to help at all is acceleration (and even that is limited). BTW. It seems for at least some of the syntec variables you need to restart to have them implemented. I had some homing errors after changing a bunch and then restarting and needed to restore the back up I did before I started fiddling to correct it. Had another homing error afterwards that might have been related where the offset for the x axis went to 18mm when it should have been 0 but for some reason the allowable work area was only -1mm from that home so I could not cut at x0 with my 6mm bit as it wanted to be x-6. Found a parameter in Syntec and adjusted it lower.

At the same time I took a stab at trying to open the .lad files for the PLC ladder but no luck. Ran out of time as it was more of an exploring mission than any real goal.

Anyhow, mainly just a note to say its steady as she goes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick update.

At the same time I took a stab at trying to open the .lad files for the PLC ladder but no luck. Ran out of time as it was more of an exploring mission than any real goal.
    I got my 1325LATC about a week ago :-)
    As it is for now I am NOT satisfied, but we will see. I am trying to contact Jack thru Skype but he is not so willing to answer :-(
    I am still positive and convinced that it will be fine in the end. Hope someone at Omni see this :-D

Anyhow, thanks for the postprocessor. Have been editing and testing, and editing and testing, and so on :-) Now it is close to perfect.

Do you know that you can see the ladder on screen? However, all comments are in chinese and I don´t think it is possible to change anything.
    ">", "PLC Status" (F1), "PLC Ladder" (F5)

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I've seen the ladder at some point. What's the issue with your machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking about placing an order with Omni for a 1325 with ATC. You posted that you would order the linear rack rather than carousel. Now you have been running the machine for some time do you still think this is the way to go? Are you happy with machine performance? Anything you would order differently? I'd also be running a regen blower, so I'd go for larger pipework if it's an option. Is the waffle board ok as standard or is it too shallow for decent flow rates? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yurtman View Post
    I'm thinking about placing an order with Omni for a 1325 with ATC. You posted that you would order the linear rack rather than carousel. Now you have been running the machine for some time do you still think this is the way to go? Are you happy with machine performance? Anything you would order differently? I'd also be running a regen blower, so I'd go for larger pipework if it's an option. Is the waffle board ok as standard or is it too shallow for decent flow rates? Thanks
    For atc, either is fine. Liking the carousel but less to go wrong with linear. One nice thing with carousel is I can push big sheet to the back, overhanging, if I have a quick little job at the front.

Machine is still fine, still some minor wavy issues but I've discussed those elsewhere.

Larger plumbing is a must, waffle board is probably deep enough. I might get without holes and do the holes and plumbing on arrival if I did again. I'm considering redoing with air controlled blast gates so my zones work on the panel again. Still don't have auto height working but could if I set my mind to it.

Graham

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yurtman View Post
    Very, very bad experiences with Omni. Too many con games. Try Max at NewTopCNC on Alibaba. No reply needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dmannock View Post
    Very, very bad experiences with Omni. Too many con games. Try Max at NewTopCNC on Alibaba. No reply needed.
    Do you have experience with New Top CNC? I don't see them discussed in the forums anywhere.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast