Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

At the end of Sept Jack sent me the pics of the frame as well Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-825e9ecc7a2997c04d611cf7c1d8296c01964d29c41c0d1eaf-pimgpsh_fullsize_distr-jpgOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-f0aae8262d9b6da01f06a9fe5e06235022efe784e50d91aea8-pimgpsh_fullsize_distr-jpg Then there was a 7 day holiday then I got the next batch of pics on the 18th of Oct. ( App two working weeks)Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-ed2c27597af5cb9665b3acf03b6bd6450f4a689cdb2003d0f2-pimgpsh_fullsize_distr-jpg Just to give you some type of time line , not sure if it different on your build

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so the spindle is in... but not 100% sure it is the right one. HSD is a little heavy on variations of models and a little light on specs and how to read details (ie tell from the sticker, what you are getting).

So the spindle spec'd and in the PI was an HSD 929 10hp with ceramic top and bottom bearings. The detailed model number was h6161h0822. The start of that seems to be pretty generic as there are lots of h6161 models. The h0822 seems to be the key. The problem is that Hsd's spec stickers that outline the performance curve are based on the motor and not the bearings so they use the same sticker for a bunch of variations. There is a little sticker above that looks like the detailed model number but it is nothing like what was spec'd and there is not information to prove this is an actual model number, much less the details of its construction and parts. As you can see the model looks to be h6161h1144 but its hard to say. There is a sticker that says ceramic (or Keramik) but so what - its just a sticker.

Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-spindle-pic-jpgOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-sticker-keramik-jpg

I have sent the picture to HSD to see if they can approve it and asked Jack to 1) confirm what the ordered and 2) provide more back up and documentation re the model # or the actually spindle imported.

So right now it is not approved - which should mean it is NOT on the machine, but yet they also send a photo of it mounted. I've now told them the spindle is not approved and should not be mounted to the machine. I'm still about 75% sure the spindle is OK but as this was a 'no substitutions' part of the PO I will make triple sure it is right. The spindle I should not was chosen before the PO based on what Jack said they could get (I asked if they could get the model spec'd and he said "yes, it is confirmed".

Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-machine-spindle-jpg

In other news, the cabinet is started (though they still have no UL wiring in so mainly its just components. And the right switches seem to be in with UL labeling.

Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-cabinet-progress-jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

I should note - that spindle is huge looking compared to my current 5hp shortnose. I don't look forward to removing it if needed.

Oh and in other news, I sold my current CNC (with flexible dates no less)! Only downside is that he's a current customer (smaller) and so I will loose a little business (or more if he lands more of the local sign market). The other downside is that he is close enough to ask for help anytime it goes down. I told him my training consists of a Poli-sci degree.

Oh and a should not (for the searchers on the forum) that he tried to buy a used precix but they have totally stiffed him (took deposit, no machine no responses - and we're local!). I've heard that from more than one source (he confirmed it though).

Last edited by gfacer2; 11-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So a partial update. HSD say the spindle is there product but want the serial number to confirm any specs. I am currently trying to get that information though it is taking longer than I had hoped.

Still no wiring in that I know about (is no one in the area building UL spec'd machines? I find that hard to believe). Might be clear I am getting a tad frustrated even though I know this was to be expected. Its my job at this point to be anxious - laissez faire is not the approach to buying machines from Asia.

So 1 month in so far which is the delivery time on the PI but I knew that was not ever ever happening and I hope everyone else does too. But I did think the wiring would be in...

Edit: Ok I have the serial number. Jack has basically said technician the technician said it was the same - the other one would take months to get. I've gotten the serial number confirmed and sent that to HSD to confirm the specs. It is certainly in the right family, with the right power curve etc but the unknown is the bearings.

Last edited by gfacer2; 11-14-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So djcregan - Have you received the machine in house yet? First impressions?

Oops I see you have not that I looked at the Syntec thread. So I guess it is hooked up and moving but the tool change is off. Anyhow, any other first impressions of the machine would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. The machine is great. Very well made and engineered. I don't regret my purchase. My machine has the linear 8 tool ATC.
    However I am far from happy overall but i guess you have to accept that this isn't a turn key
    the atc problem.
    Perhaps and hopefully Im a week from now all will be well.
    One of the small things that has really annoyed me in the last two days is the issues regarding the auto lubrication machine.
    There are no english instructions and try as I have No matter how many times I ask for information and instructions in English none are forthcoming. I have oil pissing onto the floor. I have asked for a schematic diagram so that I know which valve on the manifold to adjust each slide. They say they don't have one " pathetic". How else do you know which valve controls each lubrication point unless you literally uncouple each hose, let more oil out and then turn each adjuster on the manifold, one by one. Hard work compared with supplying a simple diagram. I really cannot believe I'm the first to ask for this. Am I being unreasonable, please tell me?

Them there was the oil type, I asked what oil to put in the applicator as there was a small amount in.
    I was told ""#29, #30 or #!31. This doesn't mean anything to me on the Uk, does anyone know what these references mean.
    After two days of further questions and basically being ignored, I have took a guesstimate on 10w/40 engine oil as this equate similar to 40 cst.

I've now been passed over to Omni tech Support by Zach. However, Albert Lieu wasn't in work today, another day lost.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, erm! Correction - later today.

Here are some videos of the ATC problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...jVFTXVtZ0VyUEE

Signing off @ 1.26 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djcregan View Post
    Hi. The machine is great. Very well made and engineered. I don't regret my purchase. My machine has the linear 8 tool ATC.
    However I am far from happy overall but i guess you have to accept that this isn't a turn key
    the atc problem.
    Perhaps and hopefully Im a week from now all will be well.
    One of the small things that has really annoyed me in the last two days is the issues regarding the auto lubrication machine.
    There are no english instructions and try as I have No matter how many times I ask for information and instructions in English none are forthcoming. I have oil pissing onto the floor. I have asked for a schematic diagram so that I know which valve on the manifold to adjust each slide. They say they don't have one " pathetic". How else do you know which valve controls each lubrication point unless you literally uncouple each hose, let more oil out and then turn each adjuster on the manifold, one by one. Hard work compared with supplying a simple diagram. I really cannot believe I'm the first to ask for this. Am I being unreasonable, please tell me?

Them there was the oil type, I asked what oil to put in the applicator as there was a small amount in.
    I was told ""#29, #30 or #!31. This doesn't mean anything to me on the Uk, does anyone know what these references mean.
    After two days of further questions and basically being ignored, I have took a guesstimate on 10w/40 engine oil as this equate similar to 40 cst.

I've now been passed over to Omni tech Support by Zach. However, Albert Lieu wasn't in work today, another day lost.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, erm! Correction - later today.

Here are some videos of the ATC problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...jVFTXVtZ0VyUEE

Signing off @ 1.26 am.

I think I read gear oil works better as its thicker and drips less.

I think the atc will be OK. Might be a subroutine too not a parameter exactly. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

The slow release might be air pressure related. My current spindle can do that if the compressor is off but the tank is still pressurized. Eventually it loses enough pressure and doesn't release at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh and to answer the question, is it unreasonable to expect a manual? Yes and no. Yes, because it's the lack of these things that help make it cheap. And with research, you know documentation never comes up in a positive sense (usually it is only discussed for its absence).

I only say this to reiterate my first post for people lurking and thinking of Chinese machines.

Expect the machine, working somewhat, mechanically OK. Everything else is a bonus.

The no part of the answer is of course it would be nice (if it was right).

Downloads
    Uploads

Here are the air pressure readings

Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-imageuploadedbytapatalk1447740589-766907-jpgOmni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process-imageuploadedbytapatalk1447740612-431859-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

A quick question. Is it normal for air to leak from the spindle around the tool holder. There is always some air escaping. Not significant but a constant small hiss ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I'm in psi. But might have details on the spindle. Check the hoses too or just listen for a hiss during the clamp (as opposed to the release of air after) the might indicate a leak at a fitting.

I'd start by just dialing it up a bit after looking for the specs the spindle wants.

And yes there is also constant air around the tool holder to keep dust out of the interior and clean the taper as it loads (I believe).

Downloads
    Uploads

It equates to 85psi at the machine. At the compressor its 125 psi. I've actually turned it up to what it was set at.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK so on the pic they sent me of my HSD spindle it wants 6-7 bar of air pressure of about 90-100psi approx. So 125 might be too much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Subroutine. Your right it could be just a case of changing a value. Relative to the X axis. Any ideas ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djcregan View Post
    Subroutine. Your right it could be just a case of changing a value. Relative to the X axis. Any ideas ?

Sorry, I'll need to get mine first Omni 1530 ordered and ongoing log of the process

Does it not list the code on the control as it is running it. Might see it there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. I will look this morning when I get there. Forgot how you see the code but will work it out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so back to log. I was able to have HSD confirm the spindle is both an actual model and that it has ceramic ceramic bearings. Not at all sure why they would have multiple model numbers for what seem to essentially be the same spindle but whatever just happy to report that the spindle now move to the approved list.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK so after a few days without contact, I now have some pictures of the wiring but just the paper label on the rolls. I've asked for pics of the labeling on the actual wire itself. Hopefully we can get this build moving now (curious to see where they have gotten to already too.

Anyhow, been cleaning the shop and trying to decide where to shoehorn this thing in,

Downloads
    Uploads

So still waiting on more details on the wire. It's definitely not to spec as per the PO and I am more than a little annoyed about it. I gather it is UL listed as the UL file number on the label of the roll matches the UL listing. Jack has said that nothing is written on the wires but on at least one roll there clearly is writing on the wire.

The build in progress shows wiring (loose - not yet in chain) yet nothing has been approved as per the terms we agreed on and I thought they understood.

I have currently asked for 1) close ups of the labels with UL numbers visible (so I can do more research) 2)copies of the labels shipped with the machine (though I will likely need to clarify that) 3)scanned copies of the labels in asap (in case #2 is missing when the machine arrives) and 4) a generally reminder of what was on the PO and how he's not paying attention to the 'do not install anything until approved' and that he's on the hook for any costs to redo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast