Omni 1212 Delivery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omni 1212 Delivery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Omni 1212 Delivery

Well, it has been a long time coming but my Omni 1212 will be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to open the crate, get it in position, rig everything up and make dust. I will post pictures to share delivery experience. Any advice from other customers concerning delivery and set up?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Omni 1212 Delivery

Well the Omni 1212 machine is now in position, wired up power cable, checked all electrical connections and ran function test of homing position with excellent results, all limits functioned as designed. Manually ran throughout the operating perimeters of all three axis, movement is smooth and quiet. The 4th axis is mounted on steel plate and will be quite heavy to handle by myself. I will need to find a height adjustable table on casters to help with this issue. I have not tried to function the 4th axis yet. Drag chains are of good quality and well organized. Built dust collector and only had one bolt missing. Control cabinet was well organized and all connections were found to be tight. Water pump for cooling spindle has a 6' cord with an American style plug on it and marked 220volts, I have yet to find where to plug it in. Directions did not help since I did not receive any. Supplied software is not compatible with Apple but will use Vetric anyway. Fit and finish is as expected with a little paint flaws here and there. Overall the machine seemed to be well built with only stitch welding throughout framework, extremely heavy to combat vibration. Installed Kent dust shoe on 2.2 kw spindle, nice upgrade from the factory supplied solid metal dust shoe with swinging door. Today I will hang the dust hose supports and complete the installation of dust collector and figure out the cooling pump issue. I must say that the shipping crate was well constructed and strong, there was no evidence of load shifting in transit. I will post pictures later today after completion of setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the report, I imagine the pump plugs in separately and will need to be controlled via relay, hopefully they set up the relay output at least? Maybe it's simpler but I think you would have found it if it was.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did not find the place to plug in the pump so I wired it so the pump starts when the power is turned on to the control cabinet. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not unless the last nut bolt and screw was specified in the contract! Extreme caution advised!! Caveat emptor!! PM me for details.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dmannock View Post
    Not unless the last nut bolt and screw was specified in the contract! Extreme caution advised!! Caveat emptor!! PM me for details.
    Peter, can you stop spamming every thread? Your voice has been heard, buy a USA machine next time for 5x the cost.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Firstly, my name is not Peter. Secondly, many of my initial posts here are old. Thirdly, I have not added to every thread. Buying a US made machine? Why? I'm not in the USA. Would I be better off buying something Swiss, German, French, Italian, British? If you are only using a machine for your hobby, then get whatever you want, but if you are using it in a commercial space then you may have a problem. Does your insurance cover a non-compliant machine? That's something to think about, because it will not be connected to the supply by a Master electrician unless you refit it and have it safety inspected. Without that you're legally liable. If you burn down your own house that's OK. However, if you burn down mine and have no insurance coverage you're in trouble!

Downloads
    Uploads

kentelanier

you can use a simple aquarium pump...
    those designed to run 24 hour no stop...

also their price let you change frequently to a new one.. but use to be they up to working at least 2-3 year with everyday use..

and better to run them continuously, because water don't draining out of the system..

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, Mr. Mannock, you are not Peter. We received your email and Zach and omni team are working on it.
    Could you please forward this message to Peter? See following:

US$450 is not much for us, we could wire to him before, or else, he would ------ " I am giving you exactly one and a half week (deadline 1 July) to transfer USD 450 onto my back account. If you do this, I will consider the matter closed. If the money is not there by then, I will do 4 things:

Register a formal complaint (together with others) with the Norwegian and Canadian embassies in China with our recommendation to Chinese authorities to investigate your company on suspicion of fraud. This can result in Omni CNC being black-listed for business in Western Europe and North America." ...... and more content"

But the US$450 is the crane fee at his workshop that should not paid by us according to DDU shipping term, we can not meet his unreasonable requirements. If there is any problem, we could face it and handle it, but we do not accept his unreasonable requirement. Thank you.
    DDU - Delivered Duty Unpaid (...named port of destination):?Delivered duty unpaid means that the seller (exporter) delivers the goods to the buyer (importer), not cleared for import, and not unloaded from any arriving means of transport at the named place of destination.

Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    sales@omni-cnc.com, Skype: omni-cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda, I do not know Peter and I have had an email from Zach following a phone call from my friends. You will have to find Peter here and send the message to him. I cannot help with this. David

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Victor, UL/CSA water pumps for water cooling of the Chinese spindles are available in most good hardware stores for $50. I chose an HSD air-cooled spindle as the bearing quality is better and a small muffin fan will help with the cooling. David

Downloads
    Uploads

I never researched particularly...
    lowes can sell ONLY UL listed electrical stuff... stickers can be found from outlet plugs to on everything..

Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda, I do not know Peter and I have had an email from Zach following a phone call from my friends. You will have to find Peter here and send the message to him. I cannot help with this. David
    Dear David,
    The reason I connected you and Peter is he mentioned would start complaint together with others to Norwegian and Canadian embassies to said we are fraud. We can not wire him US$450 of crane fee based on DDU term. After 2 days we refused him, then noticed that you contact embassy. OMNI do business honestly, we can not accept that US$450 wire back to him. If he want to call embassy, let him do, we face it and handle it. we are not scared of him and his action. And by the way, quote his review of our product " Until now, my comments are very positive, because I am very impressed with the machine.",

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda, I'm sure all Chinese businesses are honest! Is it true that the 3 executives caught adding melamine to baby formula and pet food were executed by firing squad a few years ago? I hear that there is a big crackdown on fraud in China and that 75% of cases involving foreign buyers are being settled in their favor. One story that I read online was about a factory that made clothes for high-end fashion stores around the world. The interview that I read was a before and after report. One night when the workers were a sleep in their dormitory, the police raided the premises and told everyone to get out and off the factory grounds. One woman went straight to the factory and phoned her major buyers to tell them the situation and to have someone come and pick up the boxed items immediately. She was then put out on the street without food, clothes or place to sleep. 3 months later she met the same reporter and filled in the missing pieces of the puzzle. She was doing fine. It seems the factory owner had not paid suppliers for materials and for other services. He owed many people money and decided one night to take all of the money from his bank accounts and run away with his secretary, leaving his family to face the consequences. About 3 months later he was arrested in one of the north west provinces, where he had run out of money and was without his girlfriend. I think he may still be alive.......in jail!

Here in North America some of the same things happen, but after the savings and loans/banking crisis and Enron more restrictions on business practices have been introduced. In Ottawa, after a former Prime Minister of Canada was in court explaining that he had not accepted money to influence a purchase of commercial aircraft, we now have a case of several Senators who have been lying about their yearly expense reports. No public floggings yet, but give it time! Lol!

Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda, I'm sure all Chinese businesses are honest! Is it true that the 3 executives caught adding melamine to baby formula and pet food were executed by firing squad a few years ago? I hear that there is a big crackdown on fraud in China and that 75% of cases involving foreign buyers are being settled in their favor. One story that I read online was about a factory that made clothes for high-end fashion stores around the world. The interview that I read was a before and after report. One night when the workers were a sleep in their dormitory, the police raided the premises and told everyone to get out and off the factory grounds. One woman went straight to the factory and phoned her major buyers to tell them the situation and to have someone come and pick up the boxed items immediately. She was then put out on the street without food, clothes or place to sleep. 3 months later she met the same reporter and filled in the missing pieces of the puzzle. She was doing fine. It seems the factory owner had not paid suppliers for materials and for other services. He owed many people money and decided one night to take all of the money from his bank accounts and run away with his secretary, leaving his family to face the consequences. About 3 months later he was arrested in one of the north west provinces, where he had run out of money and was without his girlfriend. I think he may still be alive.......in jail!

Here in North America some of the same things happen, but after the savings and loans/banking crisis and Enron more restrictions on business practices have been introduced. In Ottawa, after a former Prime Minister of Canada was in court explaining that he had not accepted money to influence a purchase of commercial aircraft, we now have a case of several Senators who have been lying about their yearly expense reports. No public floggings yet, but give it time! Lol!
    Hi David, there are so many words you listed in the thread. But we are not so sure what meaning you really want to indicates. Your mother language is English, so you are rather capable to even write article over 6000pcs of words. If writing with Chinese, I also can write with rather many fabulous words to express my idea very well.

Yes, I agree with you, North America is with more rigorous laws on the economy, I think China is also working on this hardly, but it takes time.

Well, every country has "not good" events, not just China, but also other countries, so I think Canada is not an exception. since you know Chinese news very well, I think you know some bad news in Canada also very well. So are these "not good" events you listed in the thread are related with our company? In China, we always say, " Do not paint everyone with same brush". I hope you can know its meaning.

And I think before you decide to place order to a Chinese company, you have known those news very well, have your own judgement about China, China economy law situation in your heart, right? You are wise, you will not risk your money.

Even mayor of Toronto studies Chinese and sing Chinese songs on the street of Toronto for attracting more Chinese invest in Canada, what you say about this? I do no mean to discuss about policy and economy law here, I am not sure if I can express my idea very well in English.

So for your further post here, I will not reply. Hope you could understand.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda, thank you for the revision to your earlier reply. As a former research scientist my English is very good. I have publshed many papers in top journals. Also, mummy taught English and I went to good schools. If you look at the wiki page for English as a second language you will find many certificates at different levels of proficiency. The Pitman system is one where the lowest level allows students to read and write simple English sentences, but the highest level indicates a good proficiency in business and technical English. In a technical area like CNC sales, the sales person must not rely on a certificate at the lowest level of competence and translation software. In my dealings with 60 Chinese CNC factories over 2.5 years you would think that I was looking to buy a banana! The RFQ was clear and was revised to make it exactly clear what the starting specifications were. So many people contacted me wanting me to ask me what I wanted. After dealing with a dozen or so people who had not read the RFQ, I simply referred them to it without even posting it in an email reply.
    I do know some students here that have been to China in the past 2 summers as part of their studies in Mandarin. However, for the present English is the main business language around the world, especially outside China. Chinese exporters unwilling to hire staff with good English language skills should help those people learn as they work. I have some suggestions from my own experiences of teaching Chinese and Russian graduate students. Chinese companies without such staff, also with no electrical or automation control engineers are just assembly plants that should focus on the domestic CNC machine market. This is the best solution to all of these issues.

Your points are well expressed and clearly written. I am not a 'troll', but a grumpy old 'rivet counter' as they are called in the model engineering world. This indicates a critic/judge whose knowledge of an original machine is so good that if the model maker uses the wrong number of rivets in the construction, then he/she will lose marks in the competition. The plus side is that I help people willingly and for free if I am able. I have done this here, but prefer to teach a man to fish than to keep feeding him.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I came to this thread to read about the Omni 1212 router only to find it has been hijacked. What a pity. If the original poster hasn't been too thrown by this, I would still very much like to hear more about the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

epilot

the machine, by Omni and many others I think meet with expectations..

in this situation the customer who purchased, don't realize that shipping can not contain certain fees..

its all over the world the importers due to pay fees for unloading ships, for x ray, for custom fee, custom broker..
    unless, they wrote paper before the transaction..

but in thi scase they didn't made no any agreement..

its all the importers due..

if you have plan to buy router from china, you also look around first, calling custom, and seek for legal help, like custom broker..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have many choices for shipping denoted by abbreviations. FOB seems the cheapest, but is paperwork intensive and you pay all the fees. I chose DDU. This means that the factory and shipping agent pay all of these fees from your invoice price until the machine arrives at the port of destination, then you pay for customs duty and tax and the shipment is cleared for road travel paid for by you again through the factory and the shipping agent. I also asked for forklift delivery at my residence as my crate weighs 4400lbs, so even if I found 20 well-muscled guys it would be a tough lift. In addition, I found that the factory estimate for the freight was high, so I located my own freight company who had worked with Omni before. Try contacting Mandy at Brightway's. I am expecting some customs broker fees, but they will not tell me what to expect. Sshhh! It's a secret!

I would also like more information. I recently made a purchase with omni for a 1212 and want to know what to expect. Any info helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast