Just ordered my CNC 1325 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered my CNC 1325

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just ordered my CNC 1325

Chaka7119 or Coyotey - Any updates on arrival an machine in operation?

Thanks, Graham

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I did get the machine up and running. I used a 50hp rotary phase converter to power the cnc, dust collector, and vacuum pump. The software which came with the cnc was very outdated (MACH3, Type3, Artcam 9.1 <07 version>) Artcam is the only software I ended up using. I purchased another updated version of MACH3, Coreldraw, CorelCAD, Artcam Express (buy Artcam express from the delcam website OMNI will grossly overcharge you... over 4 times the cost) The MACH3 Mill file particular for my machine was sent with the CNC which worked fairly well. No information was sent with VFD settings and/or programming so I would go through and write all of them down before you go tweaking (which needs to be done, it seems they set it up to run, but not run at optimal efficiency) Jack and Albert are great, really nice guys and do respond when you have questions and do their best to help. The only grip I have is being overcharged for purchasing Artcam Express through them, $600 for a $150 program is a little too much. The CNC does run well though and am very happy with its performance.

Lessons Ive learned:

Always check your PI and verify that it is correct.

Ask for pictures of the motor name plates to ensure they are compatible with your electric. China runs on 50hz. US is on 60HZ which hasnt really been an issue with me except for the vacuum pump. I dont use it because after 2 mins of running it gets so hot that it goes past my comfort zone. You can't put your hand on it for more then 10 secs it's so hot. All the motors down to the servos were labeled 50hz. (well all but the dust collector it was labeled 50hz but stamped over with a 60hz label.

Plan on buying software to compliment your CNC, CorelDraw, A basic Artcam product like express, the newer versions work much better and I do use the old Artcam as well since if offers more functionality, I kind of use them together to meet my design needs.

Minimize the amount of vectors in your designs. Sometimes when your use the auto trace feature or do it freehand it will add lots of extra unneeded vectors. Change them to Bezier curves when you can or eliminate the vector all together if possible. It saves you from jerky machine operations. It wants to start and stop at points right beside each other and the acceleration and deceleration with make for a good stutter. Keep it running smooth and use the minimal amount of vectors necessary.

If you get the dust collector and dust shoe, make sure your bits are over 2.0" long (I use 2.5" or longer) and the CEL is long enough to work for the intended purpose. You will not be able to use the dust shoe if they are shorter and you are cutting through say 1/2 inch or larger, just not enough clearance between the work piece and dust shoe. I'm in the process of getting a new dust shoe.

Ive been using mobile velocite 6 for lubrication and works very well. (Enco - Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Machinery, Tools and Shop Supplies is a great place to get it, cheapest everything there) Half the price of most places.

Hey there, I ordered a 1325 as well and it finally came. I have some questions about the power and electrical issues. I was wondering if you'd mind calling me if I gave you a phone number? My name's Chris and I'm from Chicago. I'd love to get this thing up and running!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chaka,
    How much is your machine 1325 price?

Downloads
    Uploads

Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    sales@omni-cnc.com, Skype: omni-cnc

Downloads
    Uploads