Problem Okuma Genos with OSP300 using IGF

Thread: Okuma Genos with OSP300 using IGF

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Okuma Genos with OSP300 using IGF

We changed the “A” – Left Chuck to grip the points.

When the IGF writes the program it uses the M151 to sync the spindles. Does this use a parameter to set the “B” sub spindle angle ©? No matter what I do to either of the spindles they are 60 degrees in relation to each other. We need them to be 30 degrees to allow the sub spindle to grip the chuck. Is that possible?

I think there is an Optional parameter in the A Spindle B Spindle 1st-2nd spindle
    • 2nd spindle orientation zero offset
    • 2nd spindle zero offset

These do not seem to work.

Is it possible to write to these in a program?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma Genos with OSP300 using IGF

2nd spindle orientation zero offset
    hy hutch i dont have a lathe with a 2nd spindle, but i can tell that you may change orientation for M19 in 2 ways :
    ... change its origin, by editing the parameter " spindle orientation zero offset " in " parameters \ other function "
    ... don't change its origin, but input ( in MDI or inside the program ) M19 C55 ( for example ) : this will rotate the spindle with 55 degress from its origin
    ...... i guess M19 must be available for both spindles

so try this :
    ... syncronize M19 origins for both spindles inside parameters, and after that input inside the program M19 for 1st spindle, and M19 C60 or M19 C300 for 2nd spindle : this will put the spindles in a 60degree oposing faze ( you should input C60 or C300, depending on the desired sense )
    ... or dont mess with the parameters, and do this :
    ...... in MDI mode input M19 for 1st spindle, and for 2nd spindle try M19 C10, or M19 C20, etc, until both spindles are syncronized; thus C20 is the " real desincronization between spindles = c "
    ...... inside the program, input :
    ......... M19 for 1st spindle and M19 C80 or M19 C320 for 2nd spindle; 80=60+20 and 320=300+20, where 20=c ( this will input c to 2nd spindle )
    ......... or M19 C360-c for 1st spindle, and M19 C60 or M19 C300 for 2nd spindle ( this will input c to 1st spindle )

this should put your spindles in the desired position; i hope you can continue from here with part transfer

2nd spindle zero offset
    what means 2nd spindle zero offset ? are you reffering to C axis origin ? i can tell you how to mess with the C axis origin, but i can not help with code for transfer by using C axis

When the IGF writes the program it uses the M151 to sync the spindles
    i dont know if M151 is syncing M19 or S, but there are ways to do the part transfer without rotating the spindle

if you need to rotate, and have the spindles at a desired phase shift, maybe C axis can be sync on both spindles; however, in this mode you can not exceed 200rpm

somewhere must exist an S origin, otherwise threading would be impossible i will look futher into this
    / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Deadly!

Those are great ideas. I did try to set the two before the transfer but there is an M151 code that synchronizes the B spindle to the A spindle using 2nd spindle zero offset in the Optional Parameters page. I tweaked that and away we go! I am using the synchronized cut off holding both ends of the part, so the M151 is part of the deal. Otherwise I could have just set both spindles and handed off.

Downloads
    Uploads

i am glad it worked

however, i entered to give you another theoretical solution, that just crossed my mind :
    ... index 1st spindle M19
    ... index 2nd spindle M19 C60+phase_shift
    ... grab the part with the 2nd spindle ( now both spindles are stationary, static indexed, and are clamping the part )
    ... give an S in syncronized mode ( M151 ) :
    ...... if syncronization aplies to acceleration palier, than things will work
    ...... if syncronization does not aplly to acceleration palier, than :
    ......... maybe an error will occur,
    ......... or the part will get torsion, and something ( bad ) may happen

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hi hutch meanwhile i remembered this answer from mr Wizard :

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Your chuck has clearance in it in order to operate. As it clamps, the tolerances are taken up and the part moves slightly in Z. This shows up as motor load as the axis sees the motion. This occurs even on a dead length collet chuck. That is why after clamping, you may want to back off slightly with a W axis to avoid pinching the cuttoff tool when the load is released. Use the load meter to determine how far to back off. Move in W+ until the load decreases to zero and then starts to climb again to about 20%. Then record the amount W moved. Put a G91G94 W.00xx F50 in your program to accomplish this after clamping. It will make your groove tool last MUCH longer.
    it will make the process more stable if you dont do this, than, after ( or during ) cutting, the 2nd chuck has a big chance to move towards left with a very little amount, not bigger than the backlash+a bit(*), and proportional with the W effort before cutting

this movement may not happen suddenly, but progresively this movement may not appear at the begining of the cutting, but start during the middle of the cutting, and may reach its max distance before the tool has finished cutting ( my english / hope it makes sense )

also jaws position may slide a bit, thus the there may be a difference in jaws position before and after the cutting

this values are small but big enough to break the cutting edge of the tool ( thus visible effect ), or to reduce the life spam of the tool ( invisible effect ); this last case may happen without even being aware of it kindly !

ps : (*) "a bit" means the distance required for the servo loop to react