Need Help! Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100

Thread: Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100

I've tried support through Okuma and they haven't been able to help me out.

I have an MX45VAE and can't get shortest distance to work on my 4th axis. When I jog in manual mode, I can go back and forth without issue.

I've tried bit #69 0,1 and 2 just to see. No luck with that or M403, M404. I have to use M15/M16 to change the rotation direction in gcode, which makes the machine hesitate for 0.5 seconds each time.

Please Help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100

I think there is a parameter that will allow for shortest path seeking during rapid moves. Look for it under your axis parameters.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100

is the hesitation coming from the 4th axis clamping?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you both for replying; I'm very new to all of this and learning a ton a long the way.

Wiz, I don't have much for axis parameters. Sorry for the poor image, but this is all I have listed. I'm not sure if there is a hidden menu or a way to reveal more options.

Budgie, Maybe? It kinda sounds like it. I have a Kitagawa trunion and it does a burst of air on the M15/M16. Also, the STM light blinks on and off, but I'm not sure what that light is for. If I am in manual and JOG back and forth, it doesn't do this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't get shortest distance to work on 4th axis on a 5 axis MX45VAE w/ U100-1517027951577-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I found the 'shortest distance' setting on Mach3 to be utterly incomprehensible. I don't use it.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, still really need help with this.
    @budgiew @okumawiz