Renishaw probing on okuma lb300ex2

Thread: Renishaw probing on okuma lb300ex2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Renishaw probing on okuma lb300ex2

Needing a sample program to search for a slot feature.

Process would be

Call oprobe1

G0 x4.3 z-1.2 c270.
    Turn probe on
    Probe feed in x into part searching for touch
    If no touch feed out probe off and rts
    IF touch feed out rapid x100. Then Alarm "tool broke"
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Was trained on probing 2 years ago and never have used it thanks ahead of time

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Renishaw probing on okuma lb300ex2

hello rdnck

1) there is a chance to use the probe; this involves :
    ... running a simple gauge among X axis ( parametric structure )
    ... digging for the system variable that remembers the answer, or reading data from an output file
    ... run a decisional code / simple

2) G23 / even simpler

3) load monitor 2 / best & fastest solution, but who has this option ?

so, what do you choose ? i recomand you the G23 approach it is simpler for me, thus it involves much less work than making the probe work ... it requires replacing your probe with a solid something ( tool shank, a rod, etc ) and a very simple code that i will deliver with my eyes closed

please fill in the blanks :
    ... what diameter is the material ?
    ... what radial depth has the slot ( groove ) ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Load monitor and G23 will not work. The material that cut doesn't create a load on the spindle or any of my XYZ CM axis. And I don't believe the G23 will work because the slots go all the way through the part so you're tool Shank will never touch to satisfy. The probe will be my only option in my opinion. The outside diameter of the part is 4.085 in the inside diameter of the part is 3.010 in the last of four slots is at location Z -1.2 in C of 270 degrees

Downloads
    Uploads

hello rdnck this is what i was going to write before reading your reply ( i forget to write this yesterday )

4) PZ
    5) load monitor 1

for 2,4&5 you may find code samples at post 64 in here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...tor-stuff.html

about 3, there is a posibility for it not to work, if the tool is small and high rpm is used : as a result, there may be less than 1% difference between "cutting air" and "cutting material"; if this may be fixed for metal ( by adjusting specs so to create a stable difference of at least 1% ), for plastics it may be harder, simply because the cnc can not feel it however, even at 1% things are tricky, but not impossible

Load monitor and G23 will not work. The material that cut doesn't create a load on the spindle or any of my XYZ CM axis. And I don't believe the G23 will work because the slots go all the way through the part so you're tool Shank will never touch to satisfy
    my dear sir, who said that contact is required ? wait, wait ... and there should a smile on your face

slots go all the way through the part ...... inside diameter of the part is 3.010
    i really can not draw this part but i can suggest this approach :

a) groove is cut full depth at C=val
    ... go above the material at X=OD+2*cl, at C=val+180, at a position where the cutting tool should finish the groove
    ... check for no contact among X axis, on a segment that starts at current X, and has a length of cl+1
    ... if there is no contact, than tool delivered ( at least this time ) otherwise, cnc will stop

b) groove is cut depth/2 at C=val, and after that is cut the rest depth/2 at C=val+180
    ... replace segment length from above with cl + radius + 0.5

* cl = clearance; recomended value is 5, but it may work also at 2.5, especially when a low feed is used

what do you think ? should i start writing code ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

But it's not what I asked I asked for a renishaw probing cycle that would do this I already have the renishaw probe in the machine 4 ID OD offset calculations so yeah maybe programming a small tool to go into the slot is simple to program it is that simple to change my entire set up on the park when I have the probe

Downloads
    Uploads

is much simpler and faster to use a tool shank; you can use it at faster feeds than the probe, and also you should not worry about the harsh enviroment inside the lathe, which is definetly not probe-friendly

if you choose a tool shank, than simply put it on the turret, and i will send you a code

if you still wanna use the probe, than it will require much more work, from both you and me : do you know the system variable that records the answer ? do you have a log file ? do you have a probing code ? probes are different, i dont have experience with your probe

this is what i suggest : contact your probe dealer, and create a measuring soubroutine; i can help you after that to improve that code, looking for return variables, act conditionally, etc. I really can not start from zero. Actually i can, but my time is limited

also share your probe and your software here, maybe someone has identical setup, and voila : the measuring soubroutine will apppear

also search inside the hdd : there may be some probe-sample-files

until the probe gets fixed, you may consider G23 it was designed for such things ... onestly, i really see no reason to use the probe, so to determine if a tool got broken, unless you use it also for something else; if you wanna use it only for this action, than please consider that it is not the fastest, and i will help you anyhow

Downloads
    Uploads

on my mill, i took the code for the probe, and after that i digged inside the control, looking for the return variable, which was located inside a *.msb file somewhere on C:\

after that i have written a decisional code, etc

i can not do the same for you, because i dont have the probing code, which is probe manufacturer and cnc specific / you need this probing code first after that, the default samples may not be enough, so you may need to define your own way for creating the probing chain

i can help with the custom probing chain, but i need the probing samples

Downloads
    Uploads

Send me code for the g23 I will attempt to use it until I can get the probe cycle. Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

I can sent part picture soon but not drawing... I can make you a simple drawing of id od in metric and send as well

Downloads
    Uploads

one more thing mr rdnck : even if your probe would work, there is a big chance to have it break when measuring : you can not use the probe for probing, unless you are sure that the groove is finished

to use the probe safe, even if the groove is not finished, you will need to increase drastically the probing time, and if the tool is not failing often, you will increase your cycle time considerably

i will help you with the G23, and leave the probe as 2nd priority.

i think you will be satisfied about the way G23 works

Downloads
    Uploads

these 3 examples deliver same behaviour :

Code:
        M110 ( T M66 )
        G00 X+Dia+2*2.5 Z... C...
        G29 PX=30
        G01 X-1 F100 G94
        G28
        G00 X+Dia+2*2.5
    Code:
      (  declare Xbase=30, Xlimit1=30 and Xlimit2=30 for a random monitor adress, eq=7 )
        M110 ( T M66 )
        VLMON [ 7 ] = 1
        G01 X-1 F100 G94
        VLMON [ 7 ] = 0
        G00 X+Dia+2*2.5
    Code:
        M110 ( T M66 )
        LVT = 2*[2.5+dia/2+0.5]
        G29 PX=30
        G23 PX=30 X=-LVT F100*5 G94 G91 D=LVT ( or D=LVT*2; i am not sure about G23 syntax on X axis )
        G28 G90
        G00 X+Dia+2*2.5
    i choose 1st example if you send me dimensions than i can deliver an exact code

about using the probe, please be aware that there may be a situation that will make it impossible to use the probe

please consider this example : probe the material on Z, so to get Z0, and after that cut the face until Z-15

i know that Z-15 is a lot of face, but this is just an example ; if a failure occurs, the face may be anywhere between Z0 and Z-15, thus it may be anywhere inside a 15mm window

if you wanna use the probe to verify if the face was cut, the probe software may use a tolerance, like ±5, so the probing window is only 10mm

probing window < possible failure window ( 10 < 15 )

in other words, probing window must be >= operation tolerance

should i explain this better ?

so far i did not encounter a case, so to have to find & edit the tolerance of my probe, but i think that it is possible

if your probing software uses tolerances, than you can use the probe to check the groove only if probing tolerance >= groove height; otherwise, it will be required to change the tolerance for your probe

hmm, you said that the diameter is 4.085, and that the grooves are crossing the section; this will require a probing tolerance >=4.085/2

kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you just want the simple ODOAA cycle for gauging. It will try to detect a diameter and alarm out and retract with a no touch alarm if it fails to contact anything.

Best reagrds,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello, this hit me a few seconds ago :

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    ...the simple ODOAA cycle for gauging. It will try to detect a diameter and alarm out and retract with a no touch alarm if it fails to contact anything
    hello mr Wizard, this sounds promising; thank you for sharing this idea however, it may not be faster than G23, because a probe requires gentle feed value

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    3) load monitor 2 / best & fastest solution, but who has this option ?
    hello past tense of me you dont need to buy LM2; it is possible to emulate it this function will provide safety without increasing cycle time; only requirement is to exist a load difference

hmm, but there is this :

Quote Originally Posted by rdnck68 View Post
    The material that cut doesn't create a load on the spindle or any of my XYZ CM axis
    i would change the specs near toolpaths end, so to create a load difference

if this is not possible, than i would recomand a wireless camera ( blow air on lens + image analisys ); i have never done this, but i know that is possible and i know guys that implement this into cnc's. Using a camera is faster than G23 or probing

if there is no load on neither rotary or linear axis, than what causes the faulty behaviour ? is the tool diameter realy small, and the rpm really high ? and in this case : what about an automatic tool setter ? if the tool is really fragile, what about an automatic tool setter without contact ?

this is all i can think of at this moment kindly