Automatic zero point

Thread: Automatic zero point

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Automatic zero point

Hello! I have a little idea for one of our parts that will save me lots of work but I'm gonna need some help with the variables. Is there a way to set the part zero point automatically ? Like, I will set G00 movement near the part and then G01 until (don't know if this will work) the tool touches the part and stops - this will be the part zero point. Soo maybe use the load monitor and when it detects load, set zero point with the appropriate variable? I can't find exact variable for load monitor's first limit (or any) and can't define it. I need +/− 0.2mm precision.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automatic zero point

hey Tarox

for a lathe with torque skip function, pls check :
    ... post #4 of mr Wizard in this thread : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...gin-lathe.html
    ... attached file
    ... this sample for osp300L :

Code:
        G00 Z10
        G29 PZ=25                         (*1)
        G22 PZ=25 Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2 (*2)
        G28
        VSZOZ = VSZOZ + VSIOZ ( update origin )

(*1)
     ( this value must be <= upper_limit_of_torque_limit_comand, located at para\other function; same thread, post #10 )

(*2)
     ( turret will move towards Z-10, and moving will stop anytime Z_effort will be >=25%    )
     ( if turret reaches Z-10 without the effort raising above 25%, than an error will occur )
    'k' + 'i' + 'n' + 'd' + 'l' + 'y' + ' ' + ':' + ')'

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks man! I knew someone mention it in here but couldnt find it. What precision can i get from this ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks man!
    actually mr Wizard showed this to me ... when i posted that thread i was looking for help, just like you

you know Tarox, great minds think alike = same problems : Great minds think alike, though fools seldom differ

What precision can i get from this ?
    can be obtained a repetability tolerance of 0.025

±0.2, thus tolerance = 0.4 should be easy eyes closed / no problem / cool / all good / dont worry, there is no sugar

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Then i am thanking mr Wizard for the help !

you know Tarox, great minds think alike = same problems : Great minds think alike, though fools seldom differ
    I can hardly compare to you in cnc skills...i got ALOT to learn.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I couldn't do it. The effort of Z rises to 20% only and shows error.

PS. I did it.
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=20...........
    G29 pz=20

That is the way I recorded VAPAZ into V1. Now I need to figure out how to make it to program coordinate system.

Downloads
    Uploads

pls check the values of #16 and #17 from attached image

start the movement with at least 5 mm before the material, so to allow the monitor function to stabilize, because there is an effort peek when movement begins
    also you may hit into an increased peek, depending on the movement before

here, check this :
    Code:
        G00 Z15 (*1)
        G00 Z10
        G29 PZ=25 
        G22 PZ=25 Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2
        G28

(*1)
     ( turret is at a greater Z, thus 15>10 )
     ( if turret would be at a Z<10, you have a big chance to hit into a big effort that occurs when G22 begins, also called reversal spike effort )
     ( if turret would be at a Z>10, you will hit into a normal effort, that should be lower than the reversal spike effort )

please share :
    ... value of #16 and #17 on your lathe
    ... your code
    ... displayed error
    ... Z value where the error ocurs

ps : please replace last line from your code "G29 PZ=20" with G28

Quote Originally Posted by Tarox View Post
    Now I need to figure out how to make it to program coordinate system.

Downloads
    Uploads

PS. I did it.
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=20...........
    G29 pz=20
    try also
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=25 ...
    G28
    VSZOZ = VSZOZ + VSIOZ

whatever you do, when G22 begins, there will be an increased effort, that will normalize ( get lower ) after the turret will travel a few milimiters ( official recomandation is 5mm )

this increased effort depends on the turret cinematic before starting G22 :
    ... turret is stationary for a short period
    ... turret is stationary for a long period
    ... turret is coming from left
    ... turret is coming from rigth
    ... etc

do some trials, so to have a clue about the initial effort that occurs when G22 starts; you may ignore this effort by increasing #16 ( 0 may mean already that maximum value is considered
    implicitly; thus 0 is not always 0; may mean maximum check this behaviour, or put #16 = 0.15 or 0.3 seconds, something like that )

also be carefull that once your program will get stable, the values that you used inside PZ are relative to a specific screw ball area, so it may not work if you shift program origin, because G22 will travel on a different screw ball segment, that may have a different wear on it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    try also
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=25 ...
    G28
    VSZOZ = VSZOZ + VSIOZ
    Sorry I forgot to mention I'm with osp p200 and looks like there is no vszoz

If I replace the last line (g29) the effort stays at 20% until it reaches end point

The upper limit is 70%

Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention I'm with osp p200 and looks like there is no vszoz
    i just checked into a p200L manual, and it seems that there is no VSZOZ, so you can not initialize the program origin directly

but there is available :
    ... VZSHZ ( Z-axis zero shift )
    ... VSIOZ ( Z-axis command target point (program coordinate system ) )

so try this ( this code should not be inside the main program ) :
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 PZ=25 ...
    G28
    V1 =
    VSIOZ

put this inside the main program :
    VZSHZ = V1

If I replace the last line (g29) the effort stays at 20% until it reaches end point
    code shoud not reach end point; here :
    G00 Z15
    G00 Z10
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 PZ=25 Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2 ( contact must occure before Z-10 )
    G28
    V1 = VSIOZ ( remember contact position )
    G00 Z+V1+2.5 ( disable contact between parts, by moving the turret to right )

The upper limit is 70%
    you mean #17 ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i just checked into a p200L manual, and it seems that there is no VSZOZ, so you can not initialize the program origin directly

but there is available :
    ... VZSHZ ( Z-axis zero shift )
    ... VSIOZ ( Z-axis command target point (program coordinate system ) )

so try this ( this code should not be inside the main program ) :
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 PZ=25 ...
    G28
    V1 =
    VSIOZ

put this inside the main program :
    VZSHZ = V1

code shoud not reach end point; here :
    G00 Z15
    G00 Z10
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 PZ=25 Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2 ( contact must occure before Z-10 )
    G28

you mean #17 ?
    If:
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=25........
    G28
    I get error "torque skip condition not satisfy" and the effort stays at 20%.
    If I make it go deeper by Z, the effort stays at 20% and error shows (I don't wanna try again because after I reset, the effort is way higher than 20%..maybe it reaches 70%(the upper limit)

If:
    G29 pz=25
    G22 pz=20.......
    G29 pz=20
    G28
    That way it works. Maybe I don't need the first g29 ?

#16 is 0
    #17 is 70%

Thank you for the zero shift variable. Now I can sit on may chair and wait for the machine to do my work xD

Downloads
    Uploads

before i give you an answer to your last post, please run your code without touching the material, thus run it until final_Z ( do 3..5 trials ) :

... verify what is the effort when G22 begins ( it should be a high peek )
    ... verify what is the effort after normalization, thus after the peek disapears
    ... also please share your full code

attached image 01 is from the pdf that i shared at post #2; this is how the effort should look ( theoretically )

please be aware that you may not be able to see the high effort on the normal interface ( thus it may happen so fast, that it simply can not be overlapped with the screen label refresh period ) do you have acces to the interface from image 02 ?

is important to know the values of the peek when G22 begins, and the normalization effort; once you are certain for these values, only after that you may input PZ=something that is not a guess value

G00 Z15
    G00 Z10
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=69 ( #17=70% )
    G22 PZ=69
    Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2 ( contact must occure before Z-10 )
    G28 ( code execution should not pass over this line, because an error will occure when Z-10 will be reached )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

before i give you an answer to your last post, please run your code without touching the material, thus run it until final_Z ( do 3..5 trials ) :

... verify what is the effort when G22 begins ( it should be a high peek )
    ... verify what is the effort after normalization, thus after the peek disapears
    ... also please share your full code

attached image 01 is from the pdf that i shared at post #2; this is how the effort should look ( theoretically )

please be aware that you may not be able to see the high effort on the normal interface ( thus it may happen so fast, that it simply can not be overlapped with the screen label refresh period ) do you have acces to the interface from image 02 ?

is important to know the values of the peek when G22 begins, and the normalization effort; once you are certain for these values, only after that you may input PZ=something that is not a guess value

G00 Z15
    G00 Z10
    VZSHZ = 0
    G29 PZ=69 ( #17=70% )
    G22 PZ=69
    Z-10 F+100*5 G94 D+10*2 ( contact must occure before Z-10 )
    G28 ( code execution should not pass over this line, because an error will occure when Z-10 will be reached )
    G00 z4 x48
    G29 pz=25
    G22 z-1 pz=20 g94 f50 d.5 l.2
    G29 pz=20
    G28
    V1=vsioz

This is it. I don't know if I could do another test today. I need to do some boring work...after all I'm just a power force..or something like that. But I will check the things you said. Yes I have access to the load monitor.

PS. I ran the program few times and the difference was very little 0.00x

Downloads
    Uploads

your code reloaded :

Code:
    G00 Z4 X48 ( please be sure that before executing this line, turret is at a Z > 4+5, so to avoid peeks caused by short movements, stationary turret, etc )
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 Z-1 PZ=20 G94 F50 D.5 L.2 ( replace D.5 with D5, also remove L.2; thus replace this line with G22 Z-1 PZ=20 G94 F50 D5 ; D5 because you begin at Z4 and end at Z-1, so your full travel is 5mm)
    G29 PZ=20 ( this line should be entirely removed; we will discuss about it )
    G28
    V1=VSIOZ ( yup, pass this value to the main program )
    I don't know if I could do another test today : this things require some trials, but is worth it

after all I'm just a power force..or something like that : so afterall you are something like a power force ? power ranger ? nice

Yes I have access to the load monitor : i dont have osp200, but we will make it work; it is osp200 windows based ?

I ran the program few times and the difference was very little 0.00x : good; please verify the effort chart of G22 : start effort and normalized effort

i sent you my e-mail on private message, so to continue the discussion there, if you wish; you know, not to flood the forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

your code reloaded :

Code:
    G00 Z4 X48 ( please be sure that before executing this line, turret is at a Z > 4+5, so to avoid peeks caused by short movements, stationary turret, etc )
    G29 PZ=25
    G22 Z-1 PZ=20 G94 F50 D.5 L.2 ( replace D.5 with D5, also remove L.2; thus replace this line with G22 Z-1 PZ=20 G94 F50 D5 ; D5 because you begin at Z4 and end at Z-1, so your full travel is 5mm)
    G29 PZ=20 ( this line should be entirely removed; we will discuss about it )
    G28
    V1=VSIOZ ( yup, pass this value to the main program )
    I don't know if I could do another test today : this things require some trials, but is worth it

after all I'm just a power force..or something like that : so afterall you are something like a power force ? power ranger ? nice

Yes I have access to the load monitor : i dont have osp200, but we will make it work; it is osp200 windows based ?

I ran the program few times and the difference was very little 0.00x : good; please verify the effort chart of G22 : start effort and normalized effort

i sent you my e-mail on private message, so to continue the discussion there, if you wish; you know, not to flood the forum
    Haha my bad...I ment work force. Would be nice to be power ranger though...OK I will continue on email.