Need Help! Broaching Program @ angle for mutilple keyways

Thread: Broaching Program @ angle for mutilple keyways

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Broaching Program @ angle for mutilple keyways

I am looking for a program for broaching multiple keyways and different angles in a part that is chucked up in a VMC. I am looking for something simple like a Macro to change the angles, DOC and bore diameter.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Broaching Program @ angle for mutilple keyways

hello / here, at post 28, is a soubroutine for lathe : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/309768-cnc.html

you may use it as a reference, adapt it for the mill

i am sorry, that is the only thing i have ... besides an updated version inside my pc, but overall it is pretty similar

once you got used with it, it is prety fast editable, but the problem is the duration required to get used with it ... and matrix reloaded is just a movie, so you cant download all the infos into your head

even if you could convert it, you will hit the problem of mill spindle rigidity and keeping the same angle between grooves : spindle does not have a true C axis

somekind of a compromise would be to use a rotary table + a spindle attachement kindly !

ps : try the g-code forum : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/g-code-programing/

maybe you will find someone with a program that requires less time to convert

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

if you dont receive a reply within a few days, pls send me your e-mail, on private message

i can do it, but i try to avoid it, because i am a bit busy

... i can change my priority list if there is a red lamborghini / you know

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Look into it very carefully....

Milling machines use expensive bearings in the higher speed spindles ( ceramic balls )
    - plus the broaching operation could force indentations into the bearing races on heaver cuts ( even on lower RPM machines )

repairs can run up to $40-50K & be out-of-service for a while.... say 2-3 weeks