Need Help! Okuma LT2000 EX

Thread: Okuma LT2000 EX

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma LT2000 EX

Hello.
    Hope someone can help me.
    We have a Okuma LT2000EX with osp-p200L controller.
    We got this error attached.
    I understand that it is overload on XB axis. Do anyone of you know what can be the case?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma LT2000 EX-525711137-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma LT2000 EX

Try to move the XB axis off the limits while watching the axis load meters. When you move towards the limits does the load go high? Usually there is nothing wrong with the drive or inverter but is more likely a mechanical bind or pinched cover that causes high load and the drive trips out.

It could be as easy as adjusting the stroke end limit a little higher (X+limit) if it is pinching right on the limit.

If it is a high load all of the time even when mid travel, then you will want to try to adjust the XB with the pulse handle to see if the load will drop as it moves down and raise as it moves positive. If it ever goes to zero before moving negative,then you have a mechanical bind.

Are you ever getting a diff over alarm? That would also be an indicator of a mechanical bind.

From experience the load should be about 30% as it drops and about 75% as it moves positive.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Thank you for anwser.
    I will try your tips over the weekend.
    The machine has run 4 shifts without the alarm now. We cleaned behinde the covers. It was a lot of chips there. We had this alarm two times after we cleaned, but now it's gone. The alarm has come both when its turning and standing still.
    We don't get any other alarms. We had a electric guy to check the cables, but he did not find anything wrong.
    I tryed to program the xb and xa from x 300 to x200 in G0 with multiple rep's. The XB shows 200%++ at the most, and the XA 150% at the most.
    could you explain how i move the x limit?
    Thank you for helping.
    hope you understand my norwegian english writing.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

just a quickin - quickout : at 150 .. 200% load, you are still under the admisable torque for the diff over alarm

i dont know what is causing those alarms, but is not good to keep moving the turrets in this condition, especially avoid moving them fast

diff over alarm occurs generally at too much speed or a crash, so a static load of 100% is equal with a dynamic load of 300% ( generaly speaking, dynamic loads = static loads * 2.5 .. 5 )

since both turret started behaving this way, my guess is that this is not a mechanical problem

a while ago was a similar thread about raised effort on X axis : if i remember corectly, the guy posting this problem, simply replaced X servo with Z servo, so to have a clue

this is all i can say ... i am sorry, i know that it is not much kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Thank you for anwser.
    It is only the XB that alarms out. The XA is fine.
    We tested to see if there where any difrence in the load. Since the XB got this alarm. It was just for 3 or 4 times, so hope the machine can handle it. We could see there where difference in the load on XA and XB. But that is maybe normal?
    The alarm is gone for now, but it may come back again.
    We can also see that When we not run the machine the load on XB is going up and down. From 0 to 6-8%. XA is on 0 all the time.
    If the problem is coming back maybe we can try to change around on the servos like you suggest.
    Thank you for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi togr, i dont know what is the normal difference between load for xa and xb

generaly speacking : this difference should be bigger if one turret is multitasking (y+m) and the other is simple, because of different mass; also servos are different ( maybe 2.8 vs 3.5kw )

now back to your case : if you are experiencing zero load on both turrets during no movement, my guess is that your problem is not mechanical
    ... it is not normal to have variations between 0 and 6-8%
    ... it is not normal to have 0 load; it means that the turret has phisical breaks that can hold it steady, or a mechanical blockage ( just like mr wizard said in post #2 )
    ...... common variations are <=1%

i am not an electronist, but my intuition is telling that there is something wrong right before the servos

thus servos/motors are fine, but the thing that it is controlling them is out of bussiness

is too much a coincidence to have sudden failure on both motors

i understand that you say that only xb has issues, but from your description also xa does not look ok

kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Thank you for wery good help.
    And good information.
    Then we have something to woork with.
    Buy the way the XA has a Y axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Stroke End Limits are in the Parameter mode under SYSTEM PARAMETERS. I would suggest taking the XB+ stroke end limit to the negative by about 2mm and see if it clears up the trouble.

The machine will spike the motors for accel and decel so in order to watch the loads, you will need to be running at a slow feed rather than rapid (below10% for example) and then watch as the axis slowly feeds to see the load. If it still goes over 100% during slow feed, then you have a problem.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you.
    We will try to do what you suggest on monday morning.

Downloads
    Uploads

good day to you mr togr please do as mr wizard sugested

also, please consider this :
    ... put turret at X+ position
    ... put the feed potentiometer at a small value, like 5..10%, with the production key at 25%rapid
    ... feed the turret down to X-, and after that feed it back up
    ...... check the effort evolution

repeat the experiment with 2nd turret

repeat the experiment with increased feed, until 100%feed is reached, or until high effort is recorded ( like mr wizard sugested )

example of data :
    feed, xa going down, xa going up, xb going down, xb going up
    10, 15,35,14,36; sudden high peek at x125
    * you should check entire available travel

i suggest runing a simple program, while the load monitor chart is displayed

since you experimented errors also during turning, and because you said : we can also see that when we not run the machine the load on XB is going up and down. From 0 to 6-8%. XA is on 0 all the time , my point is that your cnc may be experimenting high loads almost all the time, with one turret a bit more overloaded than the other

after talking with you, i will improve my reference sheets for the cncs : so far i have data only about alignments, but i will add soon effort charts, so to have a reference for periodical inspection

kindly