Monitoring of CNC..and OKUMA.....

Thread: Monitoring of CNC..and OKUMA.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Monitoring of CNC..and OKUMA.....

We are a young startup, specializing in software development for PLC and CNC machines monitoring.
    Recently, we have added the possibility of monitoring OKUMA machines (Sinumerik, Fanuc, Hass - we support earlier),
    but we are looking for information, what else outside the working conditions of the machine, it is worth to monitor?
    Ask for experienced users what other parameters of the machine you would like to monitor?

More about us, you will find here; https://machine.report/

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Monitoring of CNC..and OKUMA.....

hello ronko please excuse my delayed answer ...

before reading the content of your post, i thought that you are going to present your own version for tool load monitoring, and i thought that finally someone fixed the slow reaction time of 1second for vertical machining centers

after reading the content and taking a look at the site you shared, i can tell that what you have to offer is a very good, futuristic product

there are pretty similar okuma products/concepts : smart factory, industry 4.0 ; kindly !

Detail
    https://www.okuma.com/blog-seeing-possibilities

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    As for the speed of response, our engine and solution is ready to monitor shorter times than 1 second and thousands of pulses per second - we monitor technology lines, where the required response time is even shorter and the number of signals counts in tens of thousands. By the way, we are talking with OKUMA HQ and Japanese colleagues sent us a connector templete in corporate standard, according to which we will do a suitable tool for communication with our software. Probably the week will be ready and we will send them for certification in Japan.

If you have questions, please contact me...

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads

hello ronko

1) i am interested into a faster tool load monitoring; i am discussing about a reaction time < 1/100 seconds; at this moment it is 1second

i dont know how many okuma operators had been affected by the slow reaction time of the load monitor on vmc, and also, i dont know how many of them desire to have a quicker reaction time, but, even if this phenomen is not comonly discussed, it exists

sometimes drills and/or reamers get stuck inside the material

2) i am interested also into custom CTR codes for the programable tailstock, on lathe, so to shave of seconds when machining many parts

can i send more infos at the email from your site : info@machine.report ? or is it another e-mail ?

about such things, i have open discussions for months, but okuma tech centers have their own priorities

kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

For more advanced discussion, please email to the address you provided (general info@), or as below;

roman.korzus@machine.report

Best Regards

Roman

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes send information on this mail adres pls.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello Ronko, we allready discussed via email thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so you're right, I remember. Greeting Ron.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again, we where not allowed to take pictures, so please take a loot at video from post #2 ( spoiler alert ) :

1:37 , 3:05
    ... there is a vertical deposit system, like a matrix, with a slave-robot working all day long arround it in front of these matrix systems may be another matrix system, and some cncs

4:31
    ... there is a rack of tools : in some places, they put labels on them : red green yellow : each color represents for how long that tools has not been used ( 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc ), and if it reaches a certain period, then the tool is selled in Africa

5:51 - 6.07
    ... once an alarms pops up, a guy is payed to jump & swim inside the cnc to fix it

about the video shared in this post ( same guy talking; his voice is so ... i don't know how to say ) :

1:13 , 3:03 , 4:35
    ... a robot may use a camera to identify the part, and automatically change it's grippers to suit the part; it may take the part and put it on a hidraulic / pneumatic fixture, etc, from where it goes inside a cnc; after the robot took the part, and before putting it inside the fixture, he done something that i could not see, and it was very hard to ask out tour-guy about this ( there are 4 corners inside that cell : grippers rack corner , hidraulic/pneumatic fixture corner , the corner where the part comes in, and the 4th corner which is behind the robot at 4:35; in don't know what's hapening inside this 4th corner )
    2:05 , 2:44
    ... robots may be working in pairs : one is changing the grippers of another robot, and this last robot is changing the jaws of a quick-change-chuck
    2:21
    ... that guy starts the factory with a single click
    3:25
    ... there is a deburing robot, that deburs the parts after they are machined; this is a smart move, because deburring operations are auxiliary operations, that lead to non-profit cnc time; i only saw a single such robot inside their factory
    5:53
    ... those id tags are some small boxes, like a cigarete package, with a bar code and a magnetic base; they simply move with the part, and scaning the bar code will reveal the current machining status
    6:05
    ... automated guided vehicles have priority inside the factory, so each worker or visitor on foot, or operating a forklift, etc, must stop and let the agv continue movement; we encountered a single such agv : it was going from there to overthere
    7:15
    ... there is a prevention system based on the classical " tool working time monitor ", that checks if a tool is capable of delivering an operation without reaching it's life spam, especially for finish operations; not all finish operations are grinding