LB15 OSP5000L-G 121 alarm -a

Thread: LB15 OSP5000L-G 121 alarm -a

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LB15 OSP5000L-G 121 alarm -a

I bought this machine so I could learn CNC as I have only known manual machining. It sets the 121 alarm when I rotate the turret in manual or MDI mode. It will set the alarm a few times when it is cold and will function properly once I've rotated the turret a few times. If the machine sits for more than 5 mins it will set the alarm again when I command a tool change. It seems to start rotating and looses track of where it is once it passes 1 tool post.

Disclaimer.....I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and I could be causing this issue due to inexperience, I'm just excited to be inching closer to making my first cut on it so please bear with me. I have been cleaning the machine up and getting it dialed back in and discovering problems along the way. It looks like the previous owners crashed it hard because one the turret clamping bolts was broke and a couple of others were really stretched. I now have the turret inclination dialed back into spec but I have no manual for alarm or error codes. Where should I be looking to resolve this code? Thank you!

- Matt

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LB15 OSP5000L-G 121 alarm -a

Found out that Alarm 121 is Tool Number Input: The state in which more than one tool number input signal is simultaneously active has continued for more than one second.

I checked all the limit switches, one of them has to be sticking.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a bank of switches that rides on cams to detect turret position on your machine. You are right that one or more is probably sticking. Take off the back cover on your turret and clean them up. Replace if needed.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Should be yamatake sl1a switch for rotation, and SL1d for clamp. All world machine parts should have those in stock at about 25-30 each. If you use the check data screen and watch as the turret rotates, you can usually see the bad one flicker, aka double switching. That's the most common failure if it will work sometimes and other times not.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    There is a bank of switches that rides on cams to detect turret position on your machine. You are right that one or more is probably sticking. Take off the back cover on your turret and clean them up. Replace if needed.

Best regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Should be yamatake sl1a switch for rotation, and SL1d for clamp. All world machine parts should have those in stock at about 25-30 each. If you use the check data screen and watch as the turret rotates, you can usually see the bad one flicker, aka double switching. That's the most common failure if it will work sometimes and other times not.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the help! Thankfully the switches are inexpensive so I ordered all new ones. Hartwig is the local Okuma dealer and they got me the manuals I needed within minutes of calling them which helped immensely. I'll report back in a few days that this problem is fixed. Next step is flushing the coolant system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got all the new SL1 switches installed today. It's working nicely now. Thanks!