Need Help! Okuma Macturn E100L Encoder Initialization Error 865

Thread: Okuma Macturn E100L Encoder Initialization Error 865

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma Macturn E100L Encoder Initialization Error 865

My Macturn is failing to power up due to an encoder error on the TB (lower axis tool index) axis.

Screen is per this picture:

The main problem is the turret is not accessible in it's current location and the machine user interface is not available so I don't know how to move the turret to where we can service it. Has anyone had this problem before? And is there a way to move the turret of force the machine to ignore the error to get the machine interface back?

Thanks!

Kev

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma Macturn E100L Encoder Initialization Error 865

Quote Originally Posted by calgarykevvy View Post
    My Macturn is failing to power up due to an encoder error on the TB (lower axis tool index) axis.

Screen is per this picture:

The main problem is the turret is not accessible in it's current location and the machine user interface is not available so I don't know how to move the turret to where we can service it. Has anyone had this problem before? And is there a way to move the turret of force the machine to ignore the error to get the machine interface back?

Thanks!

Kev
    Your picture is not available for me to view but you should be able to power down the machine and move the ball screw manually into a position where the encoder can find its position again

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rdnck68 View Post
    Your picture is not available for me to view but you should be able to power down the machine and move the ball screw manually into a position where the encoder can find its position again

I apologize I didn't see it was your turret that was the problem axis... can you post the entire alarm string since it's not available in the picture

Downloads
    Uploads

Also you may try interlock release toggle switch inside of your cabinet if you have an alarm that will not go away because of an overtravel the machine locks itself to where it can't move in any direction. So you may try finding that toggle switch releasing the machine allowing you to temporarily reset the alarm service the machine and so on

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! We played with the upper turret and found that we could move the leadscrew by hand so we opened the clam shells and heaved it over the old fashioned way!

The full error is: 865-41 ALARM-P MCS Encoder initialize failed TBaxis 103000. The GUI is gone and it stops on a text screen (picture you can't see).

We have determined that TB axis is the tool index motor on the lower turret. The servo is blinking AL 12 so as near as we can tell, the encoder is not responding back to the control at power up.

We have just gained access to the motor and need to do some diagnostics. This machine blew up an encoder in 2008 without an explanation. Seems it happens from time to time. My mill on the other hand has been very trouble free.